• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THOR: RAGNAROK official thread (7/28/2017)
5 5

896 posts in this topic

Are The Eternals in Thor: Ragnarok?

During a very quickly displayed (and not publicly released) sizzle reel compiled for Thor: Ragnarok's reveal at SDCC's Hall H panel for Marvel Studios, several pieces of concept art were shown. Loki was shown with a new costume, several new shots of Asgard appeared, and Thor was shown with some red streaks down his face. Many tribal-looking characters were shown, in fact, perhaps indicating the presence of the "Planet Hulk" storyline rumored.

Then came one quick shot of some sort of throne room, with godly looking characters. They had some very Jack Kirby-esque circles and lines drawn of them, and the first thought that came to mind were The Eternals. Long rumored for the Marvel Cinematic Universe (though most often as a TV show), the Eternals are another set of godly creatures, these ones created by the Celestials. Of course, they also share an aesthetic with the Celestials, so it could have been the latter, the elder gods of the universe, in the footage. We did see a Celestial head in Guardians of the Galaxy, home to Knowhere, and saw a vision of a Celestial elsewhere in the MCU, after all.

Would love to see a Thor #300 Destroyer type battle/showdown with the Celestials but I'm not sure how they could do it now, maybe for a future film. I'm convinced that the huge Asgard set they are building will showcase a Surtur battle ala Thor #351 when he lights Twilight with the eternal flame.

STAR TREK BEYOND's Karl Urban Debuts His New Skurge The Executioner Haircut For Marvel's THOR: RAGNAROK

Marvel fans have been waiting to see Skurge the Executioner go up against the God of Thunder since the first Thor movie was announced, and now they'll finally get to see it happen - and with an actor the calibre of Star Trek Beyond's Karl Urban in the role to boot.

4CkkDVd.jpg

Another article on the 'Purple Man' search.

Taika Waititi teases what Thor may be up to during Ragnarok

yau6ffJ.jpg

While Thor was away, the rest of the Marvel Cinematic Universe was engaged in a civil war of sorts in the most recent CAPTAIN AMERICA film. But where was the God of Thunder exactly? What's he been up to? Why didn't he check in on Earth to maybe make peace between his friends?

A new image from the set of THOR: RAGNAROK by director Taika Waititi may offer up some knowledge as to what has kept Thor busy while he was gone.

Has Thor been digging into what's going on with the Infinity Stones? Has he been trying to get a handle on who Thanos is and what he wants? Will it be Thor who uncovers all the knowledge the rest of the MCU needs about the Infinity Gauntlet and will that be the mark?

Tom Hiddleston Shares First Look At Loki From The THOR: RAGNAROK Set

Though filming on Thor: Ragnarok began in Australia back on July 03 and Mark Ruffalo has already (reportedly) completed fiming his scenes in the movie, Tom Hiddleston has taken to Instagram to reveal the first look at Loki from the Ragnarok set.

Though this is our first look at Loki, Hiddleston has been on the set since July 05 and previously teased a fight scene he was shooting on July 16.

TOrIG9z.png

One of the best Marvel Studios castings - EVER!

:applause:

giphy.gif

I totally agree -- Hiddleston nails Loki's rage, petulance, and desire to be part of something greater than himself. He had some terrific work in Avengers that continued in what was the best part of Thor 2 -- his team-up with his brother to revenge his mother's death.

Someone in another thread showed that tongue-in-cheek poster for Avengers 3 with all the actors' names on it -- what a collection of talent Marvel has assembled for themselves. I really can't think of a bad casting job they've done. Even if we don't like all their story choices, the actors themselves have been spectacular.

Dan

I remember this coming up early how Loki seemed to be a primary focus for viewers over Ultron.

Tom Hiddleston Explains Why Loki Was Cut From Avengers 2

Originally, Tom Hiddleston was supposed to appear in The Avengers: Age Of Ultron; however, Marvel ended up cutting Loki from the film.

Tom Hiddleston reveals to Variety that it was because of test audiences.

“It was a part of a dream sequence. It was a part of Thor's nightmare. Thor has a dream where he meets Loki and Heimdall," Hiddleston explained. "It was a day long shoot for me, loved seeing Joss [Whedon] again and Chris [Hemsworth] and Idris [Elba]. As they were testing the film, the initial audiences were like ‘oh Loki is controlling Ultron!’, and Kevin Feige and all the guys at Marvel were like ‘Um, no. He’s not!’ So they just thought it was confusing. So they were like we have to get rid of it.”

It Seems THOR: RAGARNOK Will See The Warriors Three Return To Fight The Good Fight After All

Fans of the Warriors Three can stop worrying because both Ray Stevenson and Tadanobu Asano, who play Volstagg the Voluminous and Hogun the Grim, respectively, have been spotted on the Gold Coast of Australia where Thor: Ragnarok is currently filming. Asano had revealed his whereabouts on his own Instagram yesterday, while Stevenson was included in a different post by user PunkturedTatto who had captioned the photo, “Look who just stopped by our Gold Coast studio to get some ink in between filming THOR.”

IUqf9nA.png

And there is your Cable for Deadpool 2.

:whee:

Natalie Portman Confirms She's Not In THOR: RAGNAROK; Reckons She's "Done" With MARVEL

With the recent news that the Warriors Three will indeed be returning for Thor: Ragnarok, Natalie Portman was asked to confirm whether or not she will be reprising her role as astrophysicist (and the God of Thunder’s main squeeze here on Earth) Jane Foster. After reassuring the Wall Street Journal that she’s not, the Academy Award-winning actress was then asked whether or not she’ll return to the Marvel Cinematic Universe in the future.

“As far as I know, I’m done,” Portman said during the video interview. “I don’t know if, maybe, one day they’ll ask for an Avengers 7 or whatever. I have no idea! But as far as I know I’m done.” She then said that her overall experience playing Jane Foster “was all great” and that she’s thankful to have been a part of the ever-growing shared universe.

I liked her in the role. Played off of cast members quite well.