• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THOR: RAGNAROK official thread (7/28/2017)
5 5

896 posts in this topic

Maybe we see Thor travel to Hell in Thor #4 ala the Thor #380 story arc? Everything is kind of set in place to see as the Destroyer shell is probably still on earth in a wreck waiting to be reawakened. :popcorn:

I'm not sure the franchise can be sustained for Thor #4, unless its Natalie Portman or Beta Ray Bill (as Thor) going to Hel to rescue Thor (who sacrificed himself in the Infinity War). It would be pretty cool for Beta Ray Bill to find the Hammer in GOTG 3....but that's all fanboy stuff....everybody likes the Thor movies, but no one LOVES them, they don't need to go for Thor 4.

I have to disagree. Beta Ray Bill can be introduced by the original story line is fantastic so they wouldn't need to adjust it very much. Thor will go to Hel to avenge the innocent who have fallen and maybe even Odin? The last movie still grossed almost $650M so I see no reason why they wouldn't do another one?

Thor: Ragnarok Is Going Cosmic and Includes ‘Very Little Earth’

The movie is being touted as a buddy adventure movie and Hemsworth hasn’t been shy in sharing his wishes to do something different with Thor 3, hoping to embrace the tone of James Gunn’s Guardians of the Galaxy. Speaking with Empire, Kevin Feige – who serves as producer and president of production at Marvel Studios – teases some of what we’ve learned from recent reports: that Thor: Ragnarok will introduce some new characters.

“I don’t think people will read into that title alone [regarding] what the movie’s going to be. It’s going to be, perhaps, as totally different from the two prior Thor movies as Winter Soldier was from the first Captain America. We want to take it to new places, we’ve got new characters that will show how big we’re swinging on this. And we have a Hulk.”

Along with Hulk, Thor: Ragnarok may introduce Valkyrie, another hero from Marvel Comics, and the franchise’s first lead female villain. We expect the Warriors Three and Lady Sif (Jaimie Alexander) to return as well so Thor may have a lot of allies for what Feige previously described as a very important film of the MCU. And unlike Thor and Thor: The Dark World (which both took place largely on Earth), Thor: Ragnarok will take a page from Guardians of the Galaxy in embracing its unique cosmic settings.

“The film takes place within the cosmos primarily which is to say, frankly, very little Earth.”

Mark Ruffalo Describes Thor: Ragnarok As A Universal Road Movie

“There’s a little bit of Midnight Run, with [Charles] Grodin and [Robert] De Niro,” Ruffalo told Empire. "I feel like that’s kind of where we’re heading with this relationship between Thor and Banner. It is a universal road movie – that’s where we’re heading. It’s not where you'd think it will be, so it’s not your classic road movie but it has that structure, I think."

"I love Chris [Hemsworth], and it’s not an accident that we’ve been put together because we have a good time together and we goof off. The fact that we’re moving towards the smart-comedic bent plays into our relationship.”

:applause: