• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THOR: RAGNAROK official thread (7/28/2017)
5 5

896 posts in this topic

Latino Review:

--------------------

On the director search for Thor: Ragnarok: Marvel is looking for a director who will treat the Thor franchise with a lot of respect. Taking in the source material more, and dropping characters like Darcy who Marvel sees as being 'forcefully manufactured'.

The rumored front runners are Adam McKay (Anchorman and an Ant-Man rewrite), Gareth Edwards (Godzilla, upcoming Star Wars) and Matt Reeves (Dawn of the Planet of the Apes). McKay is the only one without at least one major franchise film on his upcoming slate and Edwards has Star Wars AND the already-announced Godzilla 2, so scheduling would be tight. I saw too tight. I say Edwards isn’t really on this list.

But - at this point all those directors seem like logical candidates.

--------------------

THOR Director Kenneth Branagh Wants To Helm Another Marvel Movie - RAGNAROK Perhaps?

--------------------

"I continue to have good relationships with all my Marvel family. It’s a people game the movie game, and although these films are big articulated lorries, they still have to be driven by real people. I fondly remember good times working on Thor. So you always look to repeat that kind of thing, and if it happened again, I’d be delighted."

--------------------

Rumor: Marvel may want Kenneth Branagh to direct Thor: Ragnarok

According to Heroic Hollywood's Umberto Gonzalez on Popcorn Talk, Marvel Studios may be turning to Branagh since he is familiar with the THOR franchise and they are without a director for the third entry in the Asgardian trilogy, but it may not be so simple.

I was hearing that Marvel wanted Kenneth Branagh back for Thor 3. But, he just got an offer to direct MURDER ON THE ORIENT EXPRESS at Fox. So, I don't know if it is going to happen or not. They're thinking about bringing him back into the fold.

MURDER ON THE ORIENT EXPRESS news came down earlier this week and would definitely fit into Kenneth Branagh's wheelhouse as a filmmaker. Disney has a good relationship with him after the box office success of CINDERELLA, so there could be a way to bring him back but likely at a much higher salary than he had on THOR.

I wonder if Disney would do this anyway just to disrupt a Fox production.

What's Tim Burton up to? Anybody else see Eva Green as Hela?

I don't know who Eva Green is but was thinking the woman from "Penny Dreadful" would make a great Hela.

Turns out that's Eva Green.

Well, we know who won't be back any time soon.

THOR: THE DARK WORLD Director Calls Working With MARVEL 'Particularly Wrenching'

"The Marvel experience was particularly wrenching because I was sort of given absolute freedom while we were shooting, and then in post it turned into a different movie," Taylor revealed. "So, that is something I hope never to repeat and don’t wish upon anybody else."

Taylor contrasts this with his work on Terminator: Genisys, which he says was very collaborative.

I didn't realize Thor 2 had some of the same director friction that Ant-Man experienced.

Thor: The Dark World had several issues involving Marvel Studios and its director. Taylor replaced the film's original director Patty Jenkins, who left over "creative differences" two months after being hired. During filming, Avengers and Avengers: Age of Ultron writer/director Joss Whedon was also called in to re-write several scenes.

Hope they'll work Beta Ray Bill into it somehow. :wishluck:

Would be cool but I doubt it.

They placed so much emphasis on who can hold the hammer in order for the big Vision pay-off.

I doubt they'll let anyone else in the MCU be as worthy.

Captain Marvel & Thor 3 May Both Shoot in Australia

Yahoo’s Australian news division reports that Disney is impressed with the variety of shooting locations Australia has provided for them during the production of Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales – which also recently wrapped – and is now considering bringing two of their Marvel Studios blockbusters there as well. Their sources claim Thor: Ragnarok and Captain Marvel may both utilize the locations of Village Roadshow Studios.

For Thor 3, this is especially convenient given that its lead star Chris Hemsworth lives with his family just an hour outside of Village Roadshow’s Gold Coast locations, and his Australian background may help on the tax incentive side.