• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THOR: RAGNAROK official thread (7/28/2017)
5 5

896 posts in this topic

Thor: Ragnarok To Begin Filming In June 2016 In Queensland

Thor: Ragnarok pre-production in Queensland will being in January of 2016 and filming is to begin in June of 2016. They'll shoot at various locations throughout Queensland including scenes at Village Roadshow Studios at the Gold Coast.

"This is a huge win for Queensland and I am thrilled that Thor will be filming exclusively in our state," Queensland Premier Annastacia Palaszczuk said. "As our economy diversifies, Queensland is demonstrating its strength as a lead destination for filmmakers both internationally and locally, and my government is doing what it can to ensure that Queensland remains a global hub for the screen sector. The production will spend more than $100 million AUD in Queensland and will employ over 750 Queensland crew."

"Queensland offers an amazing and diverse backdrop for 'Thor: Ragnarok' and we are very excited to bring this film to such an incredible locale," said Louis D’Esposito, Co-President of Marvel Studios. "Marvel Studios would like to thank the Queensland Government for helping to make this a reality"

:whee:

Mark Ruffalo Confirms Thor: Ragnarok Role, Wants to See Hulk and Bruce Banner in a Scene Together

Actor Mark Ruffalo confirmed to Huffington Post that yes, he's going to be in Thor: Ragnarok, but couldn't say much else about it.

"I play Dr. Bruce Banner, and occasionally I turn into a big green, mean monster," Ruffalo joked to them. "I am excited to keep coming back to this role. I see a lot of space for it to grow."

One of the things he'd like to see? "The relationship between Banner and Hulk." In fact, he'd like it to go further than we've seen on-screen. "Hopefully, we'll see the two of them in a scene together. That would be cool!"

Ray Stevenson & Zachary Levi Still Waiting On Marvel's Call For THOR: RAGNAROK

It is highly unlikely that Chris Hemsworth’s God of Thunder will take on the Norse apocalypse in Thor: Ragnarok without his Asgardian comrades by his side. However, despite Mark Ruffalo’s Hulk being confirmed to join the series’ third installment, actors Ray Stevenson and Zachary Levi, who play Volstagg the Voluminous and Fandral the Dashing, respectively, haven't received Marvel’s call.

“I’ve heard that it’s on the cards,” Stevenson told IGN about Thor: Ragnarok. “As far as Volstagg is concerned, should he be called with his other Warriors Three to protect young Thor again, within a heart’s beat he will be there. So, I am waiting to hear.” Despite not hearing from Marvel, Ray Stevenson says, “I’m very excited about the whole thing actually.” When asked about the Marvel threequel’s subtitle which suggests some dark things on the horizon for all of the Nine Realms, Stevenson had joked that “We just got rid of some big and dark things,” referring to the 2013 events of Thor: The Dark World. “It’s like ‘Are there really more big and dark things?’ Come on, bigger and darker, bring it to us! But it’s great, it’s like Vikings in space; it’s fantastic and I love it!”

It is highly unlikely that Chris Hemsworth’s God of Thunder will take on the Norse apocalypse in Thor: Ragnarok without his Asgardian comrades by his side. However, despite Mark Ruffalo’s Hulk being confirmed to join the series’ third installment, actors Ray Stevenson and Zachary Levi, who play Volstagg the Voluminous and Fandral the Dashing, respectively, haven't received Marvel’s call.

Probably focus on Balder's story. Also, nobody wants to see Puny Banner.

"Major" Marvel Villainess To Appear In THOR: RAGNAROK

“If Valkyrie is really coming to the big screen, that will make two high-profile female roles being cast in Ragnarok, because I have heard that Marvel is also planning on bringing their first major female villain into their cinematic universe,” reports Lainey Gossip, whose scoops have been low-key in sync with Birth.Movies.Death’s. Unfortunately, the source is not sure which Marvel Comics villainess is being cast, but it's likely either Hela, Queen of the Dead, or Amora the Enchantress.

:o

Chris Hemsworth Thinks Thor: Ranarok Needs Unexpected Kind Of Humor

Hemsworth, who plays the titular god of thunder, tells Cinemablend that Thor: Ragnarok should look to Guardians of the Galaxy for inspiration.

"I think [Thor 3] needs to be injected with that sort of smart wit and unexpected kind of humor, kind of what James Gunn came in and did with Guardians [Of The Galaxy]. It was like off center and unpredictable, and I think we can definitely use a dose of that, you know?"

Hemsworth expounded on this sentiment, saying he believes some of the humor that was present in the original Thor may have been lost in the sequel, Thor: The Dark World.

"I feel we had less of the sort of the naivety or fun or humor that the first [Thor] might have had. I wish we had more of that in the second … We’ve done regal. We’ve done Shakespeare, and we’ve shown that. I think now it’s time to go, 'Ok, cool. Let’s try something different,' and Taika just had such a brilliant sort of take and funny kind of ideas about where we could [go], how we could do that."

Chris Hemsworth On THOR Vs HULK In RAGNAROK And Contract Re-Up After INFINITY WAR

"I'd like to think I let him win last time, but because this movie is called Thor, I have to win this time," Chris Hemsworth told the New York Daily News while promoting In the Heart of the Sea. The Aussie actor failed to give any details on how Bruce Banner's angry alter-ego will come into the picture, but he does look forward to acting opposite Mark Ruffalo once again. "I hope it's a Butch Cassidy (and the Sundance Kid") sort of story," he said, referring to a 1969 buddy western. "That would be fun. I love Mark. I think those two characters haven't spent a whole lot of time talking to each other on screen (so far in the Marvel movies) , so it's something new, I think it would bring something different out of the characters. It's hard to have a conversation with the Hulk."

Finally, Hemsworth was asked about potentially renewing his contract with Marvel Studios given his original multi-picture deal will be fulfilled after the massive two-part Avengers: Infinity War event. "Contractually that will finish me up, I have to see how I feel at the end of them, it's still a while away," he said before joking that he'd like to see a fourth Thor movie explore the Odinson letting himself go physically. "Ask me in three films time," Hemsworth added.

I like Thor. But Hulk, hands down!

Chris Hemsworth On THOR Vs HULK In RAGNAROK And Contract Re-Up After INFINITY WAR

"I'd like to think I let him win last time, but because this movie is called Thor, I have to win this time," Chris Hemsworth told the New York Daily News while promoting In the Heart of the Sea. The Aussie actor failed to give any details on how Bruce Banner's angry alter-ego will come into the picture, but he does look forward to acting opposite Mark Ruffalo once again. "I hope it's a Butch Cassidy (and the Sundance Kid") sort of story," he said, referring to a 1969 buddy western. "That would be fun. I love Mark. I think those two characters haven't spent a whole lot of time talking to each other on screen (so far in the Marvel movies) , so it's something new, I think it would bring something different out of the characters. It's hard to have a conversation with the Hulk."

Finally, Hemsworth was asked about potentially renewing his contract with Marvel Studios given his original multi-picture deal will be fulfilled after the massive two-part Avengers: Infinity War event. "Contractually that will finish me up, I have to see how I feel at the end of them, it's still a while away," he said before joking that he'd like to see a fourth Thor movie explore the Odinson letting himself go physically. "Ask me in three films time," Hemsworth added.

I like Thor. But Hulk, hands down!

Not with the hammer, its no contest.

Though it was reported weeks ago that Cate Blanchett was in final negotiations to join the cast of Thor: Ragnarok in a leading role, neither the trades nor the usual movie scoopers have managed to find out (and reveal) the “badass” female character that the two-time Academy Award-winning actress will be playing in the 2017 Marvel threequel. However, given heavy speculation has pointed to Hela, Norse Goddess of Death, a very talented fan artist by the name of Xteve Abanto has provided very stunning visualizations of how fitting Blanchett would look in the villainess role.

OHsijm1.jpg

Maybe we see Thor travel to Hell in Thor #4 ala the Thor #380 story arc? Everything is kind of set in place to see as the Destroyer shell is probably still on earth in a wreck waiting to be reawakened. :popcorn:

I'm not sure the franchise can be sustained for Thor #4, unless its Natalie Portman or Beta Ray Bill (as Thor) going to Hel to rescue Thor (who sacrificed himself in the Infinity War). It would be pretty cool for Beta Ray Bill to find the Hammer in GOTG 3....but that's all fanboy stuff....everybody likes the Thor movies, but no one LOVES them, they don't need to go for Thor 4.