• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THOR: RAGNAROK official thread (7/28/2017)
5 5

896 posts in this topic

Cate Blanchett's Villainous Thor: Ragnarok Role Reportedly Revealed

According to Geek.com, Cate Blanchett has been cast as Hela, the Asgardian goddess of death and ruler of Hel.

The report says that Hela will team up with Loki, who assumed control of Asgard in the guise of his father, Odin, at the end of Thor: The Dark World. While their motivations remain unknown, the report did offer some hints at the villainous duo’s plans.

"In Thor: Ragnarok, Hela and Loki will have set their plan well in motion by the time Thor gets wise to what’s going on. Hela ends up creating the incident to Thor’s journey in the film. According to our sources, when Thor confronts Hela, things do not go well. Not only does she banish Thor from Asgard, but she destroys Mjolnir!"

More details about THOR: RAGNAROK -script has surprising details for Hulk (SPOILER)

Geek.com claims to reveal how The Hulk will factor into Thor: Ragnarok next year. Revealing that Hela manages to destroy Mjolnir and banish the God of Thunder from Asgard, the site adds that the hero apparently ends up not on Midgard, but an alien gladatorial planet instead. Knowing he needs to stop her and Loki, Thor fights his way through all of the opponents put before him so he can escape this world, but it's when he runs into the current champion that he gets an unpleasant surprise.

As you've probably already guessed, that's The Hulk, and "he’s managed to avoid reverting back to the Banner state since we last saw him in the Quinjet in Avengers: Age of Ultron. Hulk in Hulk form is pretty much unkillable, so he survived the trip to Sakaar (however he got there). His 'Banner' is starting to seep through into the Hulk persona, and because of the Hulk-Banner melding, Hulk actually remembers Thor and his relationship to him. That’s what starts the two on a Midnight Run to the MacGuffin that Thor desperately needs."

More details about THOR: RAGNAROK -script has surprising details for Hulk (SPOILER)

Geek.com claims to reveal how The Hulk will factor into Thor: Ragnarok next year. Revealing that Hela manages to destroy Mjolnir and banish the God of Thunder from Asgard, the site adds that the hero apparently ends up not on Midgard, but an alien gladatorial planet instead. Knowing he needs to stop her and Loki, Thor fights his way through all of the opponents put before him so he can escape this world, but it's when he runs into the current champion that he gets an unpleasant surprise.

As you've probably already guessed, that's The Hulk, and "he’s managed to avoid reverting back to the Banner state since we last saw him in the Quinjet in Avengers: Age of Ultron. Hulk in Hulk form is pretty much unkillable, so he survived the trip to Sakaar (however he got there). His 'Banner' is starting to seep through into the Hulk persona, and because of the Hulk-Banner melding, Hulk actually remembers Thor and his relationship to him. That’s what starts the two on a Midnight Run to the MacGuffin that Thor desperately needs."

So we are getting Planet Hulk without seeing Planet Hulk...this will go over well.

:whee:

So maybe this means that Surtur will only be teased in this movie and the table is being set up for Thor #4? Or Thor #4 will be Thor vs Hela as he journeys to Hel to kick some tail. Or, Thor with an axe takes on the Celestials?!? I really can't wait for this either story line to be told. :popcorn:

Question:

Anyone have any idea if the Enchantress will have a role in this movie?

I bought a solid copy of JIM 103 a few months ago, which is in one of my two "to be slabbed short boxes".

I'm kinda anxious to get some info on this book as I think the book will grade out as an 8.0.

So maybe this means that Surtur will only be teased in this movie and the table is being set up for Thor #4? Or Thor #4 will be Thor vs Hela as he journeys to Hel to kick some tail. Or, Thor with an axe takes on the Celestials?!? I really can't wait for this either story line to be told. :popcorn:

I'm doubting we'll see a Hemsworth-lead Thor 4. It feels like his character will be one of the ones to be written out post-Infinity War, perhaps in line for a soft reboot in the early 2020s, but with a new lead. hm

Thor 3 Rumors Include Heimdall, Final Battle & More

Now Latino Review is potentially adding more pieces to the puzzle, which involves Idris Elba's Heimdall.

According to the report, Hela kills Heimdall in the battle, with Heimdall ending up in Hel (the underworld).

However, it's said that is not all we see from Heimdall as Heimdall will be featured in the final battle in the movie between Thor (probably the Hulk, too) and the forces of Hela.

It's said Hela will feature an army of the undead doing battle with the good Valkyries from Valhalla and the souls of the righteous fallen, which includes Heimdall.

The report also mentions Hela will not only be threatening Asgard, but the entire universe, and also make mention of Thor: Ragnarok being the last solo Thor movie.

Very interesting. I like how Marvel has been able to intertwine each movie into this arc. Watching an old clip of the Collector describing the origin of the stones I noticed that they appear to showcase the Celestials. I wonder if they will be showcased in the movie in the near future?

When Tom Hiddleston May Stop Playing Loki In The Marvel Universe

While the MCU has created a slate of standout heroes, its work on the villain side hasn’t been quite as strong. This makes the mere thought of Tom Hiddleston finishing up the role of Loki mildly terrifying as there really isn’t anybody else to replace him with. (No offense, Thanos.) However, in an interview with The Daily Beast, Hiddleston isn’t coy in saying that he’s looking forward to Thor: Ragnarok, in part because it will be his last time as Loki.

"Thor 3 will be cool because I’ve not done it for four years. I love working with Chris [Hemsworth]. This will be my last time out of the gate."

At this point, Tom Hiddleston clarifies that while there may be plans for Loki beyond Thor 3, nobody has told him that.

"I don’t know! Honestly, I don’t know. They haven’t got their ducks in a row yet. They make it up as they go along."

So perfectly cast, every time I see him I think 'Loki'.

Loki, the God of Mischief, made a surprising stop a local Chicago news station yesterday. Well, the actor who plays him did at least. Tom HIddleston helped deliver the weather for Chicago’s Fox 32. The area was suffering a serious storm front, and Loki couldn’t waste the opportunity to throw some shade at his brother, Thor.