• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Set Expansion Requests - Existing Sets Only!

435 posts in this topic

Hi Gemma-

I have set expansion requests for 11 sets:

D. For 'Batman #404-#407' set, please add this comic:

DC Comics Essentials - Batman: Year One Special 1

(reprints Batman #404), 2014

Please don't - the #404-407 set is fine as is with just the 4 books and no reprints.

E. For 'Batman #608-#619' set,

please add these 3 comics:

Batman 1 French Edition/Variant Cover

(reprints Batman #608 in French), 2/03

Batman 1 French Special Edition

(reprints Batman #608 in French, with Jim Lee sketchbook), 2003

Foreign reprints shouldn't go in the regular sets.

Would have to argue that, only because:

-'Batman #608-#619' set:

specifically ALREADY HAS 5 reprints of #608 (in addition to variants, and later printings). Why were those 5 reprints allowed in the set and not allow these reprints in the set?

Also please note that:

-'Batman: The Dark Knight Returns' set has 2 issues that are similar reprints (in this case, for #1)

-'All Star Batman & Robin, the Boy Wonder' set has 2 similar Foreign Edition reprints (in this case, for #1)

-For 'Batman #404-#407' set:

No reprints are currently in there, but this is because I don't think that any have been released until recently-

Other similar sets have reprints- why shouldn't this set have one as well?

Request a new set with variants.

There are two DKR sets. One with just the 1-4, and one that has all of the variants.

'Batman #608-#619' set ready has at least 5 reprints, as mentioned, so more should be allowed into that set-

For the 'Batman #404-#407' set, if Gemma thinks that requesting a new set would be preferred to putting in 1 reprint, would request a new set with variants.

In that case, I would request these two new sets with NO variants as well:

'All Star Batman & Robin, the Boy Wonder' set (without Variants)

and

'Batman #608-#619' set (without Variants)

Hi Gemma-

I have set expansion requests for 11 sets:

D. For 'Batman #404-#407' set, please add this comic:

DC Comics Essentials - Batman: Year One Special 1

(reprints Batman #404), 2014

Please don't - the #404-407 set is fine as is with just the 4 books and no reprints.

E. For 'Batman #608-#619' set,

please add these 3 comics:

(reprints Batman #608 in French), 2/03

(reprints Batman #608 in French, with Jim Lee sketchbook), 2003

Foreign reprints shouldn't go in the regular sets.

Would have to argue that, only because:

-'Batman #608-#619' set:

specifically ALREADY HAS 5 reprints of #608 (in addition to variants, and later printings). Why were those 5 reprints allowed in the set and not allow these reprints in the set?

Because they're US reprints. The vast majority of US collectors have no desire to try to track down foreign editions of books to complete a registry set - which is why they're almost always separated into their own set.

-For 'Batman #404-#407' set:

No reprints are currently in there, but this is because I don't think that any have been released until recently-

Other similar sets have reprints- why shouldn't this set have one as well?

Because it's a #404-407 set for just these 4 books. Again, request a complete set with variants/reprints if you wish, but leave the current set alone, please.

Could all the #1 Variants be added to the X-Men '91 1-275 complete with variants?

Talking to include covers A-D as well as collector's edition.

Just as an FYI the issues of X-Men V2 #1 were not seen (by CGC) as variants but as multiple covers so they were never separated as variants would be. The census currently has all the A-D covers under one listing so unfortunately they can not be undone.

Thank you for that DougC.

That kinda sucks when you have all the covers and can only present 3 lol

Gemma, if you can advise what would be best (based on last 2 pages of comments)-

If addiitional comics can be added as per my original request,

AND/OR new set requests should be made.

As I had mentioned, a similar set, 'All Star Batman & Robin, the Boy Wonder' has foreign variants.

'Batman #608-#619' set already has 5 reprints, I requested an expansion of 1 US reprint and 2 Foreign Edition reprints.

I can request a new set for 'Batman #608-#619 (No Variants)' if that's best to satisfy all parties.

In that case, would also request a 'All Star Batman & Robin, the Boy Wonder (No Variants) set as well.

For 'Batman #404-#407' set, is it better to request a new set which would include 1 US reprint, or better to add that to existing set?

Thanks-

Could all the #1 Variants be added to the X-Men '91 1-275 complete with variants?

Talking to include covers A-D as well as collector's edition.

Just as an FYI the issues of X-Men V2 #1 were not seen (by CGC) as variants but as multiple covers so they were never separated as variants would be. The census currently has all the A-D covers under one listing so unfortunately they can not be undone.

Thank you for that DougC.

That kinda sucks when you have all the covers and can only present 3 lol

I do agree, though you can create a non-competitive custom set and simply add the book four times so you can display all the covers. I don't know if this can be done for competitive sets as it could be confusing (if even allowed).

Gemma, if you can advise what would be best (based on last 2 pages of comments)-

If addiitional comics can be added as per my original request,

AND/OR new set requests should be made.

As I had mentioned, a similar set, 'All Star Batman & Robin, the Boy Wonder' has foreign variants.

'Batman #608-#619' set already has 5 reprints, I requested an expansion of 1 US reprint and 2 Foreign Edition reprints.

I can request a new set for 'Batman #608-#619 (No Variants)' if that's best to satisfy all parties.

In that case, would also request a 'All Star Batman & Robin, the Boy Wonder (No Variants) set as well.

For 'Batman #404-#407' set, is it better to request a new set which would include 1 US reprint, or better to add that to existing set?

Thanks-

I used to have registry sets for these titles and I certainly wouldn't want to have the aforementioned books listed.

Gaz28010i-

Thanks for your opinion, but you mentioned that you used to have those sets- I would take it you don't anymore-

Also, you may not want the aforementioned books, but as I've repeated,

Two of these sets already contain a number of reprints, one of those sets includes foreign variants as well. So what I requested does pertain.

Also, I was specifically asking Gemma to advise on what's best to do-

• Administrator

I could potentially add the foreign issues but make them non-competitive so that they don't accrue a score or affect the completeness of the set, this way other collectors will not need to "track them down" to have a complete set. Will that satisfy everyone?

Thanks Gemma-

-If Foreign Reprints WOULD compete in the 'Batman#608-#619' set (as Foreign Reprints in the 'All Star Batman and Robin, the Boy Wonder' set), fine.

-If Foreign Reprints WOULD NOT compete in the 'Batman#608-#619' set, would request a new set for 'Batman: Foreign Variants', and place them in there to compete.

If that would be the case, it would also make sense that the

'All Star Batman & Robin, the Boy Wonder' set Foreign Reprint entries for:

#1 French Edition and

#1 German Edition

be removed from that particular set,

since those are also hard to track down and hard to complete a set, for the same reason as in the other set. Those 2 comics can also be placed in the new request for a 'Batman: Foreign Variants' set.

Either way, these 2 existing Modern Batman sets should be consistent in regards to Foreign Reprints, that would seem fair.

Thanks Gemma-

-If Foreign Reprints WOULD compete in the 'Batman#608-#619' set (as Foreign Reprints in the 'All Star Batman and Robin, the Boy Wonder' set), fine.

-If Foreign Reprints WOULD NOT compete in the 'Batman#608-#619' set, would request a new set for 'Batman: Foreign Variants', and place them in there to compete.

If that would be the case, it would also make sense that the

'All Star Batman & Robin, the Boy Wonder' set Foreign Reprint entries for:

#1 French Edition and

#1 German Edition

be removed from that particular set,

since those are also hard to track down and hard to complete a set, for the same reason as in the other set. Those 2 comics can also be placed in the new request for a 'Batman: Foreign Variants' set.

Either way, these 2 existing Modern Batman sets should be consistent in regards to Foreign Reprints, that would seem fair.

I agree.

I had the same issue with TPBs, but that still isn't really universal. Some sets have them, some had them removed.

Here's a minor correction/expansion:

Justice League (2011) #15 - there's graded copies of both of these variant covers

15 Variant Cover and

15 Lee Variant Cover

The 'Jim Lee Covers' set shows entry for #15 Variant Cover; this should be changed to:

#15 'Lee Variant Cover'

Also: the 'Justice League (2011)' set shows entry for #15 Variant Cover; would like to request addition, to add the #15 'Lee Variant Cover'.

Thanks!

Gemma,

Can you add to the Walking Dead (Complete with Variants) registry set the following issues?

Walking Dead #1 Wizard World Cleveland

Walking Dead #1 Wizard World Cleveland Sketch

Walking Dead #1 Wizard World Raleigh

Walking Dead #1 Wizard World Raleigh Sketch

Thank you!!! :)

Ryan

Hi Gemma:

Can you please add the following:

Set: Saga (2012) (Complete w/ Variants)

Request: Image Firsts: Saga (4/14)

This should be added as a separate line item, like how Walking Dead (2003 Complete with Variants) has their different prints of Image Firsts separated out.

Thanks!

Hi

Would like to request these 2 additions to the 'Batman:One-shots' set:

Would like to request these 3 added to the 'Jim Lee Covers' set:

DC Comics Essentials: Batman Hush 1

Also, for 'Adam Hughes Cover Set', please add this comic:

Covergence #0 Hughes Variant Cover

Thanks!!