• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Set Expansion Requests - Existing Sets Only!

435 posts in this topic

Can you please add the following books?

Walking Dead (2003 Complete with Variants)

CBLDF Presents: Liberty Annual 2012 Ba ""Virgin"" Edition

CBLDF Presents: Liberty Annual 2012 Dodson ""Virgin"" Edition

Thanks!

Can you please add the following books?

Walking Dead (2003 Complete with Variants)

CBLDF Presents: Liberty Annual 2012 Ba ""Virgin"" Edition

CBLDF Presents: Liberty Annual 2012 Dodson ""Virgin"" Edition

Thanks!

There currently is no distinction between the two editions - both Ba & Dodson "Virgins" are just called "Virgin" editions and they already have an existing slot in the 'complete with variants' set. I even checked the census to verify there is no existing distinction between the two

CBLDF Virgin Census Data

Because they didn't classify them as different editions there is no need to add these to the registry set since both are encompassed under the "Virgin" edition label 2c

The census should be updated in a week or so with the correct label data - I jumped the gun a little bit. But these two certificates will show you the correct labeling:

The census should be updated in a week or so with the correct label data - I jumped the gun a little bit. But these two certificates will show you the correct labeling:

Gemma,

Since Jim is correct in his new separation of the two 'virgin' variants, could we make the following happen (to be equitable)?

Create two slots (one for the Ba Virgin Edition and one for the Dodson Virgin Edition and delete the 'Virgin' edition slot? For fairness' sake, could you manually add in the certification # requests for each slot for the books that go in their correct places? FOr example, say that my copy is a "Ba" but is incorrectly labeled as just a 'Virgin" - could you manually override it into the soon-to-be created 'Ba' slot since it is a little late in the game to get any labels corrected prior to June? I just don't think it would be fair to separate the slots if we can't do it this way (at least until after the awards deadline because you have a lot of members with incorrect Virgin editions at the moment). If you'd be willing to accommodate the manual request for those of us with the incorrect virgin edition labels then I think this would be fine to do (the creation of the two new slots and deletion of the incorrect slot, that is). At any rate, your thoughts on this matter are appreciated (as is all the fine work you do for us registry members :) )

Thank you! Hopefully all this makes sense… :wishluck: (and is agreeable to most of the other WD Cw/V registry set members)

• Administrator

Gemma,

Since Jim is correct in his new separation of the two 'virgin' variants, could we make the following happen (to be equitable)?

Create two slots (one for the Ba Virgin Edition and one for the Dodson Virgin Edition and delete the 'Virgin' edition slot? For fairness' sake, could you manually add in the certification # requests for each slot for the books that go in their correct places? FOr example, say that my copy is a "Ba" but is incorrectly labeled as just a 'Virgin" - could you manually override it into the soon-to-be created 'Ba' slot since it is a little late in the game to get any labels corrected prior to June? I just don't think it would be fair to separate the slots if we can't do it this way (at least until after the awards deadline because you have a lot of members with incorrect Virgin editions at the moment). If you'd be willing to accommodate the manual request for those of us with the incorrect virgin edition labels then I think this would be fine to do (the creation of the two new slots and deletion of the incorrect slot, that is). At any rate, your thoughts on this matter are appreciated (as is all the fine work you do for us registry members :) )

Thank you! Hopefully all this makes sense… :wishluck: (and is agreeable to most of the other WD Cw/V registry set members)

If you PM or e-mail me a clear scan/image of the encapsulated book with label then we can update it in the system. Once updated it will need to be completely removed from your registry and re-entered to be eligible for the appropriate new slot.

Gemma,

Can you add to the Walking Dead (Complete with Variants) registry set the following issue?

Walking Dead #116 Third Print*

*Also, for what it's worth, this edition should have a higher point value than the other two 116 issues since the only two sales I can find were for $1500+ (CGC 9.8) and $500+ (raw) respectively (actual completed sales, that is). I figured it would run similar to the 100 Lucille or 100 Red Foil editions in regard to point value in the registry set (to give you a reference point for determining grade values).

Thank you! Please let me know if you have any questions or need anything else regarding the request. :)

Ryan

Some issue adds, please?

Amazing Spider-Man 16 (5/15)

Amazing Spider-Man 16.1 (5/15)

Batman Annual #3 (2/15)

Spider-Gwen #1 (Phantom Encore Edition) (6/15)

Star Wars #1 (4th Printing) (6/15)

Thank you!

WD

I would like to vote against adding continuous additions in Registry's for Image Firsts comics.

There should only be one slot for all Image First books, instead of additional slots created for each subsequent Image First release.

We have spoken about this before, and it had been running smoothly, but today I noticed a slot in the Saga sets for

Image Firsts: Saga 1 (4/14)

under the original slot of

Image Firsts: Saga 1 (12/12), but now the date of release added to the end.

I would like to request that all Image First books just can be entered into the one main slot as it was.

If not, there will be many other sets effected by this.

Thanks,

Reed

In regards to the multiple slots for Image First, I vote that there are different slots for each print that is available. At least for the sets that indicate that variants/prints have different slots, like Saga (2012) (Complete w/ Variants). I would agree that a set like Saga (2012) (1st Prints Only - No Variants) should only have first prints on it.

Actually, I would think a set like Saga (2012) (1st Prints Only - No Variants) should be more like Walking Dead (2003), where second/third print/variants will count for a slot, but there is only one slot per issue. For example, Walking Dead 100 in the set only has one slot (even though there are about 20 different prints/variants of the issue).

I would like to note that the Walking Dead (2003 Complete with Variants) set has different slots for the different printings of Image Firsts: Walking Dead.

I know a comic like Image Firsts: Saga are tough to find in high grade, but I find it enjoyable to seek out the high grade issues and I feel that is part of the challenge in completing these registry sets. An issue shouldn't be left out of the registry just because it is hard to find.

I agree with bffnut on this - if it is a complete with variants set then all printings need to be included, regardless of the number of variants or printings. I also don't remember a discussion against this but I am definitely in favor of having a new slot for each variant / printing as long as it is for a complete with variants type of set. 2c

I agree with bffnut on this - if it is a complete with variants set then all printings need to be included, regardless of the number of variants or printings. I also don't remember a discussion against this but I am definitely in favor of having a new slot for each variant / printing as long as it is for a complete with variants type of set. 2c

+1