• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Set Expansion Requests - Existing Sets Only!

435 posts in this topic

• Administrator
Hi Gemma

What ever happened to the 75 cent Canadian Rare Whitman set that Doug Sulipa and I sent information on to you about 8 months ago?

Also when you approved my submissions for Donald Duck 243 and Mickey Mouse 218 non- Canadian books the points in my set went down to -43 not up to the amount of the books. The point spread between my self and the #2 ranked set are still wrong as I reported to you on the phone a few weeks ago.

I am trying to get my Whitman Pre pack and scarce issues set in order before June . lease let me know about the glitches I the points. Thanks Bonnie

Bonnie,

The set that was created is here: Whitman Price Variants However, as I have mentioned by e-mail and on the phone, there are books that need to be relabeled with this designation to be eligible. You would need to send those back in. As for the scoring discrepancy, we are looking into it and I will call you once it is resolved, as I told you on the phone. I will look into the negative scoring, but it may be related to the other glitch.

• Administrator
Hi Gemma, could you please add a slot for the pricing variant of Journey Into Mystery #76 to the pre-hero JIM set (so there would be a slot for the regular 12 cent version and another slot for the overprint pricing variant)? It is denoted on the label, so hopefully the data would be tied to the serial numbers.

It is not separated out as a variant, otherwise it would show up in the census separately also: JIM 76 Census Link

The pricing variant is noted on the CGC label in the area where pedigrees would typically be noted. That wouldn't allow the data to be compiled based on past submissions? If I'm not mistaken, the note does show up on the individual book when you click on the serial number in an individual's set. And if this data can't be mined, is this a change that could be made going forward? Collectors of both JIM pre-hero books and these pricing variants (and variants in general) care about this. Thanks!

This has been added, once available on the Census (about a week) I should be able to add it to the registry.

Hi Gemma,

Since there is only one issue of Point One (Marvel 2012) and it can't have it's own set, can we add this book and its variants to the Nova (2013) set? Point One #1 is the first appearance of the new Nova, so I think that would be an appropriate home for that book.

Thanks!

Gemma,

Thanks for updating the Nova (2013) set. Can we also add the Point One Sketch Variant as well?

Thanks!

Edit: The sketch variant is a 1:100 Variant, so it should be worth more points than the other covers.

Hi Gemma, could you please add a slot for the pricing variant of Journey Into Mystery #76 to the pre-hero JIM set (so there would be a slot for the regular 12 cent version and another slot for the overprint pricing variant)? It is denoted on the label, so hopefully the data would be tied to the serial numbers.

It is not separated out as a variant, otherwise it would show up in the census separately also: JIM 76 Census Link

The pricing variant is noted on the CGC label in the area where pedigrees would typically be noted. That wouldn't allow the data to be compiled based on past submissions? If I'm not mistaken, the note does show up on the individual book when you click on the serial number in an individual's set. And if this data can't be mined, is this a change that could be made going forward? Collectors of both JIM pre-hero books and these pricing variants (and variants in general) care about this. Thanks!

This has been added, once available on the Census (about a week) I should be able to add it to the registry.

Thank you Gemma!

Gemma,

Would you please add to "Wolverine One-Shots"

Wolverine : Savage (0221127022)

Wolverine : Savage Variant (I don't have a copy of this one, yet!)

Ballistic / Wolverine (0186559010)

Deathblow / Wolverine (0067290032)

Punisher and Wolverine in African Saga (0190361008)

Wolverine Battlebooks: Streets of Fire (0221127021)

regards

A

Hi Gemma-

I have set expansion requests for 11 sets:

A. For 'Amazing Spider-Man Canadian Price Variants' set,

please add these 2 price variants:

Amazing Spiderman #252 Canadian Edition

Amazing Spiderman #274 Canadian Edition

B. For 'Amazing Spider-Man One-Shots' set, please add this comic:

Marvel 75th Anniversary Celebration 1 (Spider-Man cover and story)

C. For 'Avengers- MiniSeries and One-Shots' set, please add these 3 comics:

'Marvel's The Avengers Prelude: Black Widow Strikes' #1-3

D. For 'Batman #404-#407' set, please add this comic:

DC Comics Essentials - Batman: Year One Special 1

(reprints Batman #404), 2014

E. For 'Batman #608-#619' set,

please add these 3 comics:

DC Comics Essentials: Batman Hush 1

(reprints Batman #608), 2/15

Batman 1 French Edition/Variant Cover

(reprints Batman #608 in French), 2/03

Batman 1 French Special Edition

(reprints Batman #608 in French, with Jim Lee sketchbook), 2003

F. For 'Batman '66' set, please add this comic:

Batman '66 The Lost Episode 1

G. For 'Batman One-Shots' set, please add these 2 comics:

DC Comics Essentials: Batman Hush 1 (2/15)

DC Comics Essentials - Batman: Year One Special 1 (2014)

H. For 'Birds of Prey (1999)' set, please add this comic:

Birds of Prey: Catwoman/Oracle 2

I. For 'Catwoman (2011) set, please add this comic:

Catwoman 37 Variant Cover

J. For 'Supergirl (2011) set, please add this comic:

Supergirl 37 Variant Cover

K. For 'Superman One-shots' set,

please add this comic:

Young Romance: The New 52 Valentines Day Special 1

(Superman kissing Wonder Woman

Cover)

Thanks!

Could all the #1 Variants be added to the X-Men '91 1-275 complete with variants?

Talking to include covers A-D as well as collector's edition.

Just as an FYI the issues of X-Men V2 #1 were not seen (by CGC) as variants but as multiple covers so they were never separated as variants would be. The census currently has all the A-D covers under one listing so unfortunately they can not be undone.

Gemma,

On the Captain Marvel Registry set, could you please add the following books?

Marvel Super Heroes #13 (2nd App Captain Marvel, 1st Carol Danvers)

Should be placed in the set between Marvel Super Heroes #12 and Captain Marvel #1

The following issues from Marvel Spotlight (1979 series) - they are the story arc continuation from #62 (final issue of Captain Marvel title) and should be placed in the below order after #62

Marvel Graphic Novel #1 - Death of Captain Marvel

Should be placed in the set after Marvel Spotlight #8

Also, the following books should be worth more points in the registry set, as they are key issues

#17 - Captain Marvel's new red & black costume and 1st app nega bands

#18 - Carol Danvers gains her powers

Thanks

Thomas

Hi Gemma-

I have set expansion requests for 11 sets:

D. For 'Batman #404-#407' set, please add this comic:

DC Comics Essentials - Batman: Year One Special 1

(reprints Batman #404), 2014

Please don't - the #404-407 set is fine as is with just the 4 books and no reprints.

E. For 'Batman #608-#619' set,

please add these 3 comics:

Batman 1 French Edition/Variant Cover

(reprints Batman #608 in French), 2/03

Batman 1 French Special Edition

(reprints Batman #608 in French, with Jim Lee sketchbook), 2003

Foreign reprints shouldn't go in the regular sets.