• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Help me understand why FF 48 is so valuable? ( sarcasm to make a point)

126 posts in this topic

A lot of people go on about FF45, which has spiked in a major way, but has been steadily climbing for years.

imo, I can think of no reason why FF45 shouldnt be more valuable then FF48 at every grade. Other than, "that's how it used to be"/tradition, I'd like to hear a good defense of 48 vs 45.

One could argue that the Galacticus storyline was the single most important one of the Marvel Silver Age

I am hearing a lot of "that's how its always been", and I am not trying to rag on silver surfer fans. Just pointing out, things change, the inhumans can easily become more important than the silver surfer in the hobby.

Btw, Inhuman, not even about the Inhumans, out sells Silver Surfer. That's right now, let alone three years from now when movie/toys/Marvel pushing comics has happened.

anyone who complains about FF45 being valuable, and thinks that somehow 48 is magically different....you are missing the forest for the trees.

It's too late - if Inhumans are currently more popular-Galactus is already an important Icon of history-nothing will change that.

Beyonce is more popular than george washington but guess who's signature is more valuable?

A lot of people go on about FF45, which has spiked in a major way, but has been steadily climbing for years.

imo, I can think of no reason why FF45 shouldnt be more valuable then FF48 at every grade. Other than, "that's how it used to be"/tradition, I'd like to hear a good defense of 48 vs 45.

Are you for real? This has got to be the dumbest question ever!

It's too late - if Inhumans are currently more popular-Galactus is already an important Icon of history-nothing will change that.

Beyonce is more popular than george washington but guess who's signature is more valuable?

Who said Beyoncé is more popular than George Washington? You read too much tabloid.

Times change get used to it.

I am hearing a lot of "that's how its always been", and I am not trying to rag on silver surfer fans. Just pointing out, things change, the inhumans can easily become more important than the silver surfer in the hobby.

Btw, Inhuman, not even about the Inhumans, out sells Silver Surfer. That's right now, let alone three years from now when movie/toys/Marvel pushing comics has happened.

anyone who complains about FF45 being valuable, and thinks that somehow 48 is magically different....you are missing the forest for the trees.

It's as simple as the fact that Silver Surfer was always more popular than the Inhumans, it made FF # 48 more valuable even though there are loads and loads of copies of it out there. The current movie speculation is just evening things up at the moment. If the movies do a good job of making the Inhumans cool and the Surfer stays low profile then the dynamic may stay changed going forward.

The Inhumans were always fairly low profile in the Marvel Universe despite being cool.

It's as simple as the fact that Silver Surfer was always more popular than the Inhumans,

it made FF # 48 more valuable even though there are loads and loads of copies of it out there.

The Inhumans were always fairly low profile in the Marvel Universe despite being cool.

You've captured the jist of my point quite well.

I am very aware of why FF48 is valuable, I was making a point. That value came about arbitrarily out of popularity.

Because of it, people have just accepted that FF48 is valuable and have no problem with it.

Yet a book from the exact same time period, and the exact same series, so many people act like it cant possibly become valuable "for real".

My point was that it is an organic and permanent change, one that Marvel with their future agenda, and MArvel/Disney with their movies and toys, will continue to bring about.

"Movie Hype" will create high tops in the books movement both now and 3 years from now. But those questioning how it can become valuable and blindly accepting that FF48 "SHOULD" be valuable, are missing the forest for the trees.