• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Help me understand why FF 48 is so valuable? ( sarcasm to make a point)

126 posts in this topic

I'm not sure DEMAND has anything to do with pricing. It's perceived POTENTIAL demand that is driving the market. Sellers are just selling to eachother. For a ton of these books, I imagine there is no actual end buyer. Not at these prices anyway.

+1

Or you could use low APPARENT supply and high perceived / POTENTIAL demand to cook an even greater differential and an even more meteoric rise in market prices.

When the movie came out a friend asked if "The Watchman" was the best comic ever made, as she was told or had read somewhere. I told her that it was the best comic of a certain kind. Other best comics were Carl Barks' "Lost in the Andes," Robert Crumb's "Meatball," and Lee/Kirby's FF 48-50.

If gold gets cheap enough that I'm buying it, there are going to be some gold bugs jumping out of windows.

:D

What is impressive to me lately is the sheer number of "hot" books. FF36, 45, 46, 52 have all exploded in value, even in lower grades.

It's reaching the point where I am considering breaking up my runs and selling off the hot books. I probably won't because I have two small children, so selling comics generally falls to the back burner, but it really feels to me like this is a sell high opportunity for most of these books.

Sell them and buy gold.