• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Captain America: Civil War official movie thread (5/6/16)

2,267 posts in this topic

Conceptual artist Maciej Kuciara (X-Men: Days of Future Past, Guardians of the Galaxy) was hired by Marvel Studios to work on key frame art for Captain America: Civil War, and over the past week, he's released a nice selection of his gorgeous artwork.

Kuciara illustrated many sequences throughout the film, including Scarlet Witch giving Captain America a boost into the Center of Infectious Diseases (Lagos, Nigeria), Black Panther and Helmut Zemo's emotional confrontation, and the climax with Iron Man, Cap, Winter Soldier, and Zemo in the Siberian base.

How about them billions of dollars. Wish it would've made more than iron man 3, but not bad considering WB is doing everything in their power to make the general population dislike super hero movies.

How about them billions of dollars. Wish it would've made more than iron man 3, but not bad considering WB is doing everything in their power to make the general population dislike super hero movies.

You mean the less discerning members of the general population... ;)

I know the Ant-Man/ Hawkeye team up scene has been mentioned,

but was Ant-Man in Ironman's armor a take on IM 133 ?

\

Not sure, but if it makes that issue jump in value then I am all for it as I have a few copies sitting in $1 boxes someplace. lol

CAPTAIN AMERICA: CIVIL WAR Cast Want To See The X-MEN Join The Marvel Cinematic Universe

Talking at a panel at Wizard World Philadelphia this weekend, Chris Evans, Anthony Mackie, and Sebastian Stan all shared their thoughts on those characters joining the Marvel Cinematic Universe, with Stan saying: "Looks like it's time to get back some of those X-Men. Mystique. We need that Mystique." Evans meanwhile has his sights set on another character. "I'd love to work with Fassbender because he's Fassbender. Him and McAvoy, one of those guys would be great to work with." There's no denying that seeing this lot team up would be awesome, but it's sadly unlikely.

Fassbender!

:applause:

So, Civil War is finished in China = $191.2 million
Why would you say it's finished in China? They usually keep Marvel films out for at least 5 weeks, which should leave about 7 days to go.

CW premiered on May 6th in China.

Four weeks only.

IDK where you got five weeks from?

#12 all time unadjusted, not too shabby. outside shot of crawling past Minions for #11.

Unfortunately, for a movie that broke up an executive management chain so it could go for a larger investment - and #13 in a very well-established franchise now - I guess seeing it surpass the Top 3 Marvel films would have been an expectation.

(shrug)

#12 all time unadjusted, not too shabby. outside shot of crawling past Minions for #11.

Unfortunately, for a movie that broke up an executive management chain so it could go for a larger investment - and #13 in a very well-established franchise now - I guess seeing it surpass the Top 3 Marvel films would have been an expectation.

(shrug)

Eh, still beat BvS by a good amount.

*ducks*

:grin:

(shrug)

Eh, still beat BvS by a good amount.

*ducks*

:grin:

I guess that is a goal, if you are not wanting to compare to the other movies in its own franchise where BvS was not part of a larger and well-established franchise.

7rPlul1.png

UlFsuG6.png

I guess that counts in someone's head.

(:

What will be interesting to see going forward is can Marvel pull from its own extensive portfolio and produce a film that would top the revenue ratio of Deadpool?

aCTazXX.png

Uamo80f.png

There are so many characters in its arsenal, would that be the box office killer going with something unique and fresh versus the steady income films?

Moon Knight?

Namor? - if they can work something out with Universal

Spider-Woman?

Dreadstar? - Is this creator-owned?

Alien Legion? Does Carl Potts own the rights? This movie could really rock!

(shrug)

or it could have sucked donkey balls and forced a management shake-up after the movie did $200MM less than the last Batman flick

or it could have sucked donkey balls and forced a management shake-up after the movie did $200MM less than the last Batman flick

The good thing is I enjoy Marvel and DC films, versus any blinders.

But it would appear your fallback is "we suck less than the other guys". Yet your facts are skewed. Even the revenue ratio shows this should have been much bigger for the larger investment. It is what Feige most probably pitched to drive the reorg and budget.

So is it this 'superhero fatigue' that holds back another Avengers-like all-time result?