• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Captain America: Civil War official movie thread (5/6/16)

2,267 posts in this topic

I discount anything that boardies post as being the "best ever". How many of them posted the same thing about GotG, the Winter Soldier, etc. before it.

You realize that Civil War hadn't come out when GOTG was out and that GOTG wasn't out when Winter Solder was out, correct? You can say that subsequent movies are the "best ever" if they eclipse the ones before.

Exactly -- I loved CW, but I don't necessarily see it getting $50 million more domestic.

It's going to get creamed this weekend by X-Men & Through the Looking Glass.

Next week gives us TMNT 2.

June 10th then gives us a diverse trifecta of Warcraft, The Conjuring 2 and Now You See Me 2.

So...even shot that _maybe_ it hits $50-$70 million more but we're about to see a huge drop-off in the wake of four legit summer tentpoles & two solid genre entries (The Conjuring 2 & Now You See Me 2) in just the next 2.5 weeks.

it'll be right at or under 370 one week from today, and it'll hang around enough to get the extra 30. I've got a $1 bet with both you and jaybuck, and we can take care of it via paypal.

Exactly -- I loved CW, but I don't necessarily see it getting $50 million more domestic.

June 10th then gives us a diverse trifecta of Warcraft, The Conjuring 2 and Now You See Me 2.

So...even shot that _maybe_ it hits $50-$70 million more but we're about to see a huge drop-off in the wake of four legit summer tentpoles & two solid genre entries (The Conjuring 2 & Now You See Me 2) in just the next 2.5 weeks.

it'll be right at or under 370 one week from today, and it'll hang around enough to get the extra 30. I've got a $1 bet with both you and jaybuck, and we can take care of it via paypal.

Bets with jaybuck.

:cloud9:

Speaking of bets, what does Civil War have to hit WW for me to win my bet with a few boardies around here? I can't remember the three (four?) takers...Hector, was one of them you?

My memory is shot.

Speaking of bets, what does Civil War have to hit WW for me to win my bet with a few boardies around here? I can't remember the three (four?) takers...Hector, was one of them you?

My memory is shot.

Captain America: Civil War has to do 2X what Batman v Superman made, or you owe each person $20.

:ohnoez:

Batman v Superman: Chip throws down the glove

I'll say it definitively. Captain America 3 will double BvS in worldwide box office.

Cap 3 is shaping up to not only be "Avengers 2.5" but also a pretty spot-on interpretation of Civil War. All the pieces are in place.

BvS doesn't have a chance really...UNLESS it's a close take on DKR #4 with some obvious modifications.

I'm talking about the final worldwide total.

I'll put my money where my mouth is if you'd like. :devil:

I'm happy to bet $20 on Cap 3 not doubling Bats vs Superman in worldwide sales. How do we define the total tally for both movies.

Chip challenges all takers

I'm happy to bet $20 on Cap 3 not doubling Bats vs Superman in worldwide sales. How do we define the total tally for both movies.

Once the rules are set, let me know. I may want in on this since Chip is giving away cash.

:baiting:

I'll take that bet. $20 each against you and Andrew.

Final totals for world-wide box office are the only numbers relevant in the bet. Cap 3 will be twice the total of BvS.

I'm confident in this. The logic for it is sound. It's not "Kool Aid," Hector...it's logic based on past performance of the movies in the current box office landscape. It makes complete and total sense.

Also, regarding the general public's knowledge of whatever movies are related or inter-connected...the thing that will matter is that I believe Cap 3 will be a much better movie in- and of-itself than BvS with no other factors involved. It will be better written, directed and acted.

Current BvS total.

P6Sx8fl.png

That means Civil War right now would have to land at $1,741,916,018

ZKX8RiQ.png

:foryou:

My memory is shot.

so is any chance of winning this bet

4 day Memorial Day Weekend people. IM3 was only down 30% from the previous weekend and it went up against a $117MM Fast & Furious movie and $50MM Hangover Part whatever. Cap: WS should be at $380MM by the end of next Monday. IM3 did $70MM from this date forward, hard to imagine Cap:WS can't do $50MM.

4 day Memorial Day Weekend people. IM3 was only down 30% from the previous weekend and it went up against a $117MM Fast & Furious movie and $50MM Hangover Part whatever. Cap: WS should be at $380MM by the end of next Monday. IM3 did $70MM from this date forward, hard to imagine Cap:WS can't do $50MM.

What about Cap CW - will that make it?

BTW, when did Marvel re-release Cap WS?

(:

My memory is shot.

so is any chance of winning this bet

Oh well...I thought I'd bet 1.5x.

Civil War is still a better movie, at least.

So I've got that going for me...

...which is nice.

What about Cap CW - will that make it?

BTW, when did Marvel re-release Cap WS?

(:

2 years ago lol

I know I'm late to the party, but I just saw this for the first time, and want to say that this has easily become one of my favorite movies. I would put this right up there with the first Avengers (maybe even better). Anyways, there's my 2c

I know I'm late to the party, but I just saw this for the first time, and want to say that this has easily become one of my favorite movies. I would put this right up there with the first Avengers (maybe even better). Anyways, there's my 2c

How can you possibly say that...didn't you hear that this is getting lambasted by Lacrosse and Soccer Moms everywhere???

Glad you loved it, definitely a favourite of mine. So much so, it not only changed what I collect but gives my collecting an actual purpose.

Thank you Marvel/Disney for putting out something that affected me to my core. :cloud9:

Now to find the perfect white paged Avengers #1 for me :wishluck:

Jim

Finally saw it last weekend. I thought it was great.

My biggest takeaway from the movie.....How can there have been 5 Spider-man movies, 12 hours or so by different actors and directors, and Marvel gets the character, has him on screen for all of 10 minutes and it is absolutely perfect?

How can you possibly say that...didn't you hear that this is getting lambasted by Lacrosse and Soccer Moms everywhere???

Glad you loved it, definitely a favourite of mine. So much so, it not only changed what I collect but gives my collecting an actual purpose.

Thank you Marvel/Disney for putting out something that affected me to my core. :cloud9:

Now to find the perfect white paged Avengers #1 for me :wishluck:

Jim

the tall geek and i were together on some funny-book biz on monday, and saw it again--we had an absolute ball. it's right up there in the first tier of faves for me. when the blu ray comes out, i can see myself checking the queens and airport scenes out from time to time to time to time. soooo fired up now for homecoming.