• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Captain America: Civil War official movie thread (5/6/16)

2,267 posts in this topic

Finally saw it last weekend. I thought it was great.

My biggest takeaway from the movie.....How can there have been 5 Spider-man movies, 12 hours or so by different actors and directors, and Marvel gets the character, has him on screen for all of 10 minutes and it is absolutely perfect?

the first scene was perfect but ASM 2 was terrific

The funniest thing is I went to school with Aunt May! Marisa graduated Edward R. Murrow in 1982,I was 83,never met her,wish I had a cool story,but no....But Adam Yauch, graduated my year 1983,and I never hung with him either.......am I a giant loser or what?,lol... :applause:

My biggest takeaway from the movie.....How can there have been 5 Spider-man movies, 12 hours or so by different actors and directors, and Marvel gets the character, has him on screen for all of 10 minutes and it is absolutely perfect?

you mean spidey 2, huh? tobey, not garfield?

you mean spidey 2, huh? tobey, not garfield?

Doc Ock - SM2, yeah. my lord, ASM 2 was putrid

lol at the try hard negative nancies. Yes I'm sure you know plenty of people that didn't like movie despite it having 90% likes from critics and viewers. I'm sure all the people you know are the 1 out 10. Good god. off with your stupidity somewhere else.

lol at the try hard negative nancies. Yes I'm sure you know plenty of people that didn't like movie despite it having 90% likes from critics and viewers. I'm sure all the people you know are the 1 out 10. Good god. off with your stupidity somewhere else.

Aren't people like that downers?

This trailer looks awful. mess acting, mess cgi, mess -script, mess dialog. I cringed almost from start to finish. I can't imagine any sensible person being excited for this movie after this trailer.

hm

This trailer looks awful. mess acting, mess cgi, mess -script, mess dialog. I cringed almost from start to finish. I can't imagine any sensible person being excited for this movie after this trailer.

hm

lol. Exactly. It is okay if they on other movies, but there can be no negatives about any movie they like.

I discount anything that boardies post as being the "best ever". How many of them posted the same thing about GotG, the Winter Soldier, etc. before it.

You realize that Civil War hadn't come out when GOTG was out and that GOTG wasn't out when Winter Solder was out, correct? You can say that subsequent movies are the "best ever" if they eclipse the ones before.

My point being, the boardies that post this will chase the latest shiny object as the next "best movie ever" or "this is the best new comic ever" lol It is sort of like that friend who does not really follow a sport but always seems to cheer for the winner at the end of the season.

I discount anything that boardies post as being the "best ever". How many of them posted the same thing about GotG, the Winter Soldier, etc. before it.

You realize that Civil War hadn't come out when GOTG was out and that GOTG wasn't out when Winter Solder was out, correct? You can say that subsequent movies are the "best ever" if they eclipse the ones before.

My point being, the boardies that post this will chase the latest shiny object as the next "best movie ever" or "this is the best new comic ever" lol It is sort of like that friend who does not really follow a sport but always seems to cheer for the winner at the end of the season.

its called recency bias.

those things we have most recently experienced have the biggest impact/influence on us.

its human, it's not limited to marvel fans, or patriot fans, or left handed people... its a typical human response.

At a certain level, there's a massive sentiment among a bunch of boardies (aka, the most die-hard comic book fans out there) that:

ZOMG!! I-actually-get-to-see-my-favorite-character/battle/storyline/childhood-onscreen-so-every-movie-is-awesome-they-can-do-no-wrong!!

That enthusiasm dampens any, you know, actual critical faculty.

You guys denigrate my opinion with these posts. I think a certain movie is the best because of the way it makes me feel AND when I'm critical of it.

I *still* hate the "orange slices" line and think it was like they inserted AOTC C-3PO into the film at that one moment.

At a certain level, there's a massive sentiment among a bunch of boardies (aka, the most die-hard comic book fans out there) that:

ZOMG!! I-actually-get-to-see-my-favorite-character/battle/storyline/childhood-onscreen-so-every-movie-is-awesome-they-can-do-no-wrong!!

That's my favourite part...until the movies, I could give a flying fadoo about the Avengers. If it wasn't X-Men, Spidey or Bats it was junque. The entire MCU movie universe made me a fan, a slow build from 2008 and climaxing with Civil War. I truly didn't know how invested in the MCU I was until the Thursday night of Civil War when I saw the 7:00 show and then turned around to watch the 10:00 show as well.

That's all. Kimik said that word of mouth was horrible and I said it wasn't that long ago that critics and people alike were calling it the best superhero movie ever, and at the very least best MCU ever. He questioned that, and Unca Ben pulled out a dozen references to back my point.

Nobody is ever going to agree on any of these flicks. DD is still my favourite, and I don't really get the Dark Knight trilogy, so I firmly have a grasp that I'm not a member of the majority. I don't understand art, I just know what I like.

Jim

Nobody is ever going to agree on any of these flicks. DD is still my favourite, and I don't really get the Dark Knight trilogy, so I firmly have a grasp that I'm not a member of the majority. I don't understand art, I just know what I like.

That's what it really comes down to with these movies. They either are for you, or they aren't.

As much as I love the Nolan trilogy and you may not, I'm not going to change your mind by stating, "But they were THE BEST - don't you see that?" Like that is going to change things for you.

That's the funniest thing I've read in a long time...

:D

You guys denigrate my opinion with these posts. I think a certain movie is the best because of the way it makes me feel AND when I'm critical of it...

A good point.

hm

Catch of the day... ;)

I believe Unca Ben made a similar point to Rapid's a few pages back... only he did it much better.

I wouldn't necessarily agree with the point however. Different movies appeal to different people. It's not inconceivable that a person who liked the dark, dystopian, plot-building ( ;) ) BvS would not enjoy a slightly more light-hearted - and dare I say it - fun movie like CW.

hm

Catch of the day... ;)

I believe Unca Ben made a similar point to Rapid's a few pages back... only he did it much better.

I wouldn't necessarily agree with the point however. Different movies appeal to different people. It's not inconceivable that a person who liked the dark, dystopian, plot-building ( ;) ) BvS would not enjoy a slightly more light-hearted - and dare I say it - fun movie like CW.

I would say if any one LOVED (not liked, not thought was 'ok', but LOVED) BvS, all bets are off on what else they will or won't like.

hm

Catch of the day... ;)

I would say if any one LOVED (not liked, not thought was 'ok', but LOVED) BvS, all bets are off on what else they will or won't like.

lol

How many of the same people posting that CW is the greatest were saying how much they LOVED AoU last year?