• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Captain America: Civil War official movie thread (5/6/16)

2,267 posts in this topic

Kevin Feige Offers New Details On 'BLACK PANTHER' Role In CAPTAIN AMERICA: CIVIL WAR

The producer was first asked if T'Challa will actually be the Black Panther, as opposed to his father T'Chaka (Ernie Hudson?), when we meet him next year. "I don’t know how to answer that question without spoiling it!" Feige started. "It is a role that he is still in the beginning phases of taking on, it’s a mantle he is only beginning to take on because his father is older."

Kevin Feige was then asked why T'Challa's cinematic debut will be in Captain America: Civil War as opposed to the Black Panther movie, which is currently scheduled for release on July 6, 2018. "The reason we introduced him in Civil War is because we needed a third party," the producer explained. "We needed fresh eyes who wasn’t embedded with the Avengers and who has a very different point of view than either Tony or Steve. We said, ‘We need somebody like Black Panther… why don’t we just use Black Panther?’ That’s how it went in the development process."

200x200px-ZC-f639a21a_tom-baker-creepy-smile.gif

Daniel Brühl 'Baron Zemo' Makes His Way To Set Of CAPTAIN AMERICA: CIVIL WAR

Filming is still going strong for Captain America: Civil War as Daniel Brühl has now been spotted in Atlanta, Georgia, en route to the set. While the Spanish-German actor, who is set to portray the supervillain Baron Zemo, was seen sporting casual clothes as opposed to his character's costume and iconic mask, we might get lucky later this week.

gWoLGQQ.png

Black Panther Will Remain Neutral In Captain America: Civil War

While nearly every other superhero in the Marvel Cinematic Universe will choose a side behind Captain America or Iron Man, the King of Wakanda will remain neutral in the registration conflict. As Marvel Studios Head Kevin Feige revealed, T’Challa will act as a third party in the Civil War, serving only his and his home country’s interests.

“In the case of Civil War, we needed a third party, we needed a character who wasn’t on either Captain America or Iron Man’s side, which is why we went, 'You know what? We’re doing a Black Panther movie, but it would actually be smart to have him fill this role we need in Civil War and introduce him here first,'” Feige told Super Hero Hype.

Jaimie Alexander on being naked, tattooed and alone in Times Square for 'Blindspot'

"Marvel, I think on purpose, they don’t tell me certain things," said Jaimie Alexander when asked about Sif's big-screen return. "Because they know I’ll be like, 'So here's what's gonna happen.' But I do know I will be in Thor 3 and that Sif will have a very pivotal part in that movie. I just can’t tell you what because I’ll get shot."

About those Ragnarok teasers in Age of Ultron, Alexander said, "Yeah, there’s a lot of great stuff they’ve peppered in through Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., The Avengers, Captain" will have some stuff. There's just all kind of Easter eggs and hints, if you’re really paying attention. They’re so good at interweaving everything throughout those films."

jamie-alexander2.jpg

Is This A First-Look At Spider-Man's New Movie Costume?

As BirthDeathMovies recently sleuthed, a new Twitter account that may or may not officially belong to Civil War directors Joe and Anthony Russo began tweeting some up-close photos from the movie’s set. Within the account’s flurry of of photos, two photos stand-out as possible teases of Spider-Man’s suit.

The first tweet shows a goggle laying on top of red fabric. As BDM speculated, this goggle could very-well be a part of Spider-Man’s lenses. The shutters on the goggles would allow Spidey to squint and convey emotion for the otherwise expressionless mask, as Marvel Comics artists often do.

f8fVFFM.png

Cwd2vFx.png

The Huge Salary Robert Downey Jr. Will Earn For Captain America 3

Of course, that's not how much Robert Downey Jr. will be banking for Captain America 3, as Variety's sources say he's signed on for a $40 million pay day up front, in exchange for an expansion of his role in the film. Originally, Tony Stark was going to be a bit player in the next Chris Evans led film, but Downey Jr. expressed that he wanted a meatier part in what promises to set Marvel Studios up for the next couple of phases. However there is a way that Iron Man could be bringing home something extra when this is all done and over, as he's reportedly negotiated a portion of the film's backend profits.

In addition to receiving a cut of Captain America 3's profits, there's a clause set in Robert Downey Jr.'s contract that will put him in line for another pay out if the film breaks the franchise's record. So if Captain America 3 exceeds the $714 million total gross that Captain America: The Winter Soldier brought in, Downey Jr. will receive an extra pay out, presumably for making that happen. It's not a bad assumption, as Iron Man is still the highest grossing stand-alone hero in the Marvel Cinematic Universe, and the Marvel/Robert Downey Jr. brand is at peak output as we speak.

RDJ is just going to be rolling in the cash forever. What a wise move on his agent's part.

Spider-Man ‘Civil War’ Cameo Done; Reboot Writers Talk John Hughes Approach

In an interview with Vulture, Goldstein said they would be meeting with Marvel to discuss the superhero’s role in the MCU and see footage of Holland’s cameo in Civil War: “We hear good things. We might even get to look at the Spidey suit, which is exciting.” Additionally, as for the rumored cast list that circulated earlier this week, Daley dismissed its validity: “We’ve discussed certain characters, but nothing is certain yet, for sure.”

However, given their meeting with Marvel and the lack of certainty about what to expect in their Spider-Man film, it’s likely Goldstein and Daley are still working out the finer details, perhaps even some of the broad strokes. Plus, since Anthony and Joe Russo will be doing the honors of officially introducing Peter Parker to the MCU, Goldstein and Daley likely wish to wait to see the footage before building the character in their -script.

Peter Parker Shot His CIVIL WAR Cameo

It's important here to know that Tom Holland shooting his bit isn't the same as Spider-Man shooting his bit. Spider-Man has been on that set for a while, played by stunt men. All you need Tom Holland for is any Peter Parker scenes, because otherwise he can come into a local recording studio and loop Spidey's dialogue at any point between now and release. Basically if Spidey's mask is off you need Tom Holland, but every other scene happens without him.

How many scenes will Spider-Man be in? I don't know the exact number, but sources have recently made it clear to me that there's more Spider-Man in this movie than I expected.

I have faith but...............please don't lose sight of The Captain in all of this superheroness. lol

The story will be told from his perspective. Even when he's wondering if he is in fact in the wrong, it will be him wondering it. :grin:

I was really impressed the way the Russos were able to maintain that focus on Cap while pulling in a much larger universe. What an amazing accomplishment, and a film that will probably stand out for years as a Top 10 for superhero films.