• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Captain America: Civil War official movie thread (5/6/16)

2,267 posts in this topic

How come none of you geeks has yet posted that Mark Ruffalo's apparently been spotted in Berlin with the rest of the Civll War cast?

Could they really be setting up World War Hulk (although, AoU had the perfect set-up & lost its nerve)?

Does that mean we're also not expecting you-know-who to die?

Well in a movie called Civil War, one can reasonably wonder which elements of the comic book Civil War might show up in the movie.

As World War Hulk had very little if anything to do with the Civil War AND Marvel has made plenty of movie announcements going to 2020 without saying anything about a standalone Hulk movie AND Mark Ruffalo not being one of the younger cast members AND the last 2 solo Hulk movies not doing especially well, it seems much less reasonable to wonder if this is leading to World War Hulk. Of course it COULD happen, just like Giselle could leave that ball-deflator Tom Brady for you, just probably not plausible enough to wonder about.

Note: I'd love to see a World War Hulk movie. I loved the story line, hated the JR JR art in the main title. But I don't see them deviating much from the schedule they've set, and there's literally been ZERO indicators that it might happen.

Does that mean we're also not expecting you-know-who to die?

Well in a movie called Civil War, one can reasonably wonder which elements of the comic book Civil War might show up in the movie.

As World War Hulk had very little if anything to do with the Civil War AND Marvel has made plenty of movie announcements going to 2020 without saying anything about a standalone Hulk movie AND Mark Ruffalo not being one of the younger cast members AND the last 2 solo Hulk movies not doing especially well, it seems much less reasonable to wonder if this is leading to World War Hulk. Of course it COULD happen, just like Giselle could leave that ball-deflator Tom Brady for you, just probably not plausible enough to wonder about.

Note: I'd love to see a World War Hulk movie. I loved the story line, hated the JR JR art in the main title. But I don't see them deviating much from the schedule they've set, and there's literally been ZERO indicators that it might happen.

Not entirely true - the lead-up to World War Hulk and to Civil War are intertwined. The Hulk goes on a deadly rampage in Las Vegas, leading the Illuminati to send him into space - however, IIRC, the Hulk's rampage is also one of several factors that lead to the Superhuman Registration Act (the others being Nick Fury's Secret War and the Stamford disaster).

If you think about it, they very much laid the groundwork for this in AoU. The Hulk goes on a rampage in Africa, which subsequently leads to Banner's near-arrest. Yes, he then flies away presumably not to be seen again for awhile, but that storyline was never resolved. I think there's every chance that a subplot in Civil War is the powers that be commanding the Avengers to track down and eliminate Banner (which, come to think of it, may be a key reason behind Cap's rebellion) which could lead to him being jettisoned by Stark's crew in Civil War.

He wouldn't need a solo movie for awhile - what if the Hulk winds up meeting GOTG in Vol. 2? Or maybe he doesn't even come back until Infinity War - regardless, we know he's in trouble but we also know he's still going to be a key player in the Infinity War saga as seen in Tony's vision. This way, there's still no need for a WWH standalone - but if they do make one, it might make sense to lead with that right after Infinity War in Phase 4.

Just my thoughts :foryou:

But aint Banner and Stark bros in these flix. If he turned on Hulk that would be a real dicki$h move for the MCU.

they're all bros. But Civil War might mean bro v bro, bro.

I just think a LOT would have to happen before you get WW Hulk. The premise of the Civil War being fought (at least in part) over what to do with the hulk seems VERY plausible. No argument from me there.

BUT what would have to happen for the Hulk to try to take over the world?

He'd have to have access to Banner's full intelligence. He'd have to get shot into space. He'd have to become a gladiator on an alien planet (which I guess could tie in with GOTG 2). He'd have to take over said planet, then get married, have some kids, then get his planet blown up.

And this would have to happen probably AFTER the Avengers deal with Thanos, or possibly within the context of GOTG 2 and Avengers 3. I GUESS I could see a situation where

1. Hulk shot into space at the end of Civil War.

2. GOTG 2 has a least a partial storyline where Hulk takes over a planet.

3. The beginning of Avengers 3 has Thanos blowing up Planet Hulk (ostensibly because he's scared of Hulk), and Hulk blames the Avengers and he comes back to earth to fight the Avengers, coinciding with Thanos attacking earth. Obviously at some point Thanos is revealed to be behind the death of Planet Hulk and Hulk fights Thanos.

While this seems more reasonable than I thought, I think there's very little chance of it happening

Great theory, but I don't think they'd make it THAT complicated. The general audience will have enough to keep straight with the Infinity Stones/Gauntlet and why the heroes can't defeat Thanos when he's got it on.

I agree with you. It's TOOO much. That's why I'm fairly certain we're not going toward World War Hulk. Too much hero v hero.

SPOILER: Guess Who Dies In 'Captain America: Civil War'

So somebody dies next year in Captain America: Civil War. Want to know who it is? Of course you do because you're still here.

Ready?

T'Chaka!

Yep, Black Panther's daddy.

For now I won't spoil how or when it happens or by whom, but expect T'Chaka to be toe tagged next year in the film.

For those who don't know, in the comics, T'Chaka was the Chieftan of Wakanda, pledged to protect the sacred metal known as Vibranium. From an early age, he excelled in the ways of magic and took a stance to preserve Wakanda's heritage by honoring the "old ways" of magic use despite the technological advancements of Wakanda.

So somebody dies next year in Captain America: Civil War. Want to know who it is? Of course you do because you're still here.

Ready?

T'Chaka!

For now I won't spoil how or when it happens or by whom, but expect T'Chaka to be toe tagged next year in the film.

For those who don't know, in the comics, T'Chaka was the Chieftan of Wakanda, pledged to protect the sacred metal known as Vibranium. From an early age, he excelled in the ways of magic and took a stance to preserve Wakanda's heritage by honoring the "old ways" of magic use despite the technological advancements of Wakanda.

Not much of a spoiler since that is supposed to happen anyways…thus making his own movie possible.

Ready?

T'Chaka!

Not much of a spoiler since that is supposed to happen anyways…thus making his own movie possible.

If you go back to May 18th, this was discovered.

Now this makes much more sense who dies.

So is there going to be more than one death of a character?

hm