• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Official 2014 CGC Forums Holiday Gift Exchange Sign-Up.

1,041 posts in this topic

Got my present today! Didn't have time to open the shipping box yet but there is a superman sticker on it so Santa sure does like me! Can't wait till Christmas morning!

When I was a kid we were always allowed to open one present Christmas Eve.... Maybe this can continue the tradition..???

I secret santa'd myself. I've got a package coming from CGC today according to UPS. Could be some CGC SS from summer, or CGC from fall.

Either way, its been so long I can't quite remember all the books I'm getting! And I don't know the grades yet! Secret Santa indeed!

So I was conversing with GG and they gave me the impression that my SS sent theirs already, if thats the case, I havent received it as of Saturday. Kind of not at my house so....hopefully they still held our package.

I'm so nervous about my recipient. This was my first year, I hope I didnt blow it and they like what I sent... :eek: should be there tomorrow

I've NEVER heard of anyone complaining about what they receive... it's a real treat to just get something for the holidays. The only bummer can be when someone who is expecting to receive something by Christmas, doesn't get anything - but the silver lining is when other boardies kick in and back-up santa and all is well!

Dan

Most people who might be unhappy or disappointed in their gift are smart enough to realise they got something for free and keep their traps shut. Most...

;)

-slym

When I was a kid we were always allowed to open one present Christmas Eve.... Maybe this can continue the tradition..???

With my family it was always non-immediate family's gifts opened on Christmas Eve, and then my parents, my brother and I would exchange gifts Christmas morning. That way Christmas Day everyone in the entire family could assemble with only one purpose...eat and eat and eat. :)

Peace,

Chip

You know you've got a generous Secret Santa when a box arrives that reads "#1 of 2". :o

Not just one, but FIVE presents from my Santa to put under the tree! I'm right there next to my son snooping under the tree every night now. I'm really looking forward to Christmas morning!

The cherry on top? The presents were wrapped in Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles wrapping paper! :cloud9:

I stand corrected...it's actually SIX presents! :o:o:o:o:o:o

IMG_4235.jpg

Hello boys and girls,

Christmas is still a week away and the flow of mail is astronomical. If history is any indicator the vast majority of those members who haven't received their gift will over the next week.

I will start a list of those members who have not recieved a package by Christmas Eve. I assure you that we will make sure you end up recieving your gift, even if it's past Christmas.

Tis the season,

GG

Received my present today...awesome wrapping paper!! :whee:

160wkg1.jpg

MacMan sent me a copy of the Archie Archives Vol 1! This was super awesome of him! I really appreciate it. :)

I hope it was a good pick - obviously, you love your Archies, and I didn't know if you had all of these original GA stories on hand :)

Does anyone ever try to guess who their Santa is based on clues like where the package came from, when it arrived, and how it was wrapped based on information found in this thread?

I haven't put much though into this personally, but we have some excellent board detectives in our midst and I'm betting people could put for some reasonable guesses if they wanted. The question is: does anyone try to guess the identity of their Santa or is the surprise part of the fun?