• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Official 2014 CGC Forums Holiday Gift Exchange Sign-Up.

1,041 posts in this topic

Waiting 3 days for the auction to end on the last remaining book requested by my recipient. He asked for particular issue numbers and I obliged.

I will then wrap in my manliest manner, basically scotch soaked Penthouse pages and send it off.

I love the holidays!!

Waiting 3 days for the auction to end on the last remaining book requested by my recipient. He asked for particular issue numbers and I obliged.

I will then wrap in my manliest manner, basically scotch soaked Penthouse pages and send it off.

I love the holidays!!

That's a very manly man way to wrap a package. :cool:

I love the holidays!!

I didn't know we could request particular issue's or I would have picked Action 252 or Avengers 1 or .... lol just kidding it's cool you could do that.

I love the holidays!!

I didn't know we could request particular issue's or I would have picked Action 252 or Avengers 1 or .... lol just kidding it's cool you could that.

Yeah...This was my 1st time and I wasn't sure how specific I should be so I just wrote "Amazing Spidermans". I have close to 500 issues and am a little worried I'm going to just end up with a bunch of doubles.

I love the holidays!!

I didn't know we could request particular issue's or I would have picked Action 252 or Avengers 1 or .... lol just kidding it's cool you could that.

And I didn't realize you could request scotch soaked Penthouse pages...

Wow! Very impressive, Mike. (thumbs u

I love the holidays!!

My jolly elf would be better off sending 30 year old cask strength single malt than trying to fill anything on the MANNUP wish list. (:

For my recipient, I'm in the process of locating several things in his wheelhouse along with festive comic themed wrap.

Should ship next weekend. :wishluck:

I love the holidays!!

Yeah...This was my 1st time and I wasn't sure how specific I should be so I just wrote "Amazing Spidermans". I have close to 500 issues and am a little worried I'm going to just end up with a bunch of doubles.

Yeah this is my first time and I didn't know how specific I needed to be so I just said pretty much anything. Any free comics are good to me, it's the thought that counts. I'm sure whoever his secret santa is was just trying to make it as easy as possible by being more specific. I bet whoever got me was probably like good grief he could be a litttle more specific lol

Wow! Very impressive, Mike. (thumbs u

I love the holidays!!

My jolly elf would be better off sending 30 year old cask strength single malt than trying to fill anything on the MANNUP wish list. (:

For my recipient, I'm in the process of locating several things in his wheelhouse along with festive comic themed wrap.

Should ship next weekend. :wishluck:

I see some nice stuff in your sig line I wouldn't mind getting, or thunsicker or oakman lol

I usually list my general interests along with a few specific ideas. It usually sounds something like,

Hello & Happy Holidays! Below is a list of some specific items I might like to receive but I would really appreciate any gift at all. My general interests include comics and collectibles from G.I. Joe,The Simpsons & Ninja Turtles. Thanks so much!

G.I. Joe Complete Collection Volume 4 or Volume 5 Hardcover

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Original Motion Picture HC

Any Toon Tumbler Style Glasses from Simpsons, Ninja Turtles or G.I. Joe

For me, as a shopper, it always helps to know of some specific things so I can get them something they want or don't have, as well as knowing their general interests in case I also find something I think is cool or unique that they might like or be surprised by. So I think the more details and options the better! That said, most boardies are great at taking someones likes and finding them something really cool! :)

I love the holidays!!

I did that a couple of years ago and instead got pee-soaked Archie pages.

I love the holidays!!

Sorry about that. I misread your PM :blush:

I love the holidays!!

Sorry about that. I misread your PM :blush:

All forgiven. :foryou: