• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Official 2014 CGC Forums Holiday Gift Exchange Sign-Up.

1,041 posts in this topic

Ho Ho Ho

Everyone who has submitted a form has been assigned a Secret Santa participant.

If you believe you submitted a form and haven't recieved an assignment, please bump our thread.

If you can't bump the thread because it turns out you drank too much eggnog and just thought you started one, send in the form and we'll see what we can do, no promises.

Tis the season

GG

Ok so this is my first year. I'm assuming everyone ships so the package arrives to the recipient a few days before xmas? Correct?

That is cutting it very close. Half the fun is having the self control to not open until your respective holiday, which may not be Christmas. Members post pics of their packages as they arrive.

Send off your packages with ample time for any shipping delays so everyone has something to open by the Holidays.

Tis the season

GG

Ok so this is my first year. I'm assuming everyone ships so the package arrives to the recipient a few days before xmas? Correct?

That is cutting it very close. Half the fun is having the self control to not open until your respective holiday, which may not be Christmas. Members post pics of their packages as they arrive.

Send off your packages with ample time for any shipping delays so everyone has something to open by the Holidays.

Tis the season

GG

Also, don't forget to wrap your gifts, everyone! :baiting:

For my "Want" list I just named characters that I like. I felt naming specific issues defeats the purpose, its cool to be surprised. Just out of curiosity, has anyone ever gotten gifts they already owned? I mean I guess that's the "risk" you run into without specifying the exact issue you want but its the thought and effort that counts right?

The list I got is more vague than mine, this is gonna be fun! A challenge, but I'm gonna try to have fun with it. Unless I can find a friend of my recipient and ask them....:think:

Yeah, I list stuff I like generally, and also say that anything neat works for me. On the receiving end, it's just cool to get something, like a baby I sometimes get more into the wrapping than the gift (people have sent me some pretty cool wrapping!).

I worry about people already having what I get them, or wanting a higher grade than I can swing, so I usually get something tangentially related to the request, y'know?

For my "Want" list I just named characters that I like. I felt naming specific issues defeats the purpose, its cool to be surprised. Just out of curiosity, has anyone ever gotten gifts they already owned? I mean I guess that's the "risk" you run into without specifying the exact issue you want but its the thought and effort that counts right?

The list I got is more vague than mine, this is gonna be fun! A challenge, but I'm gonna try to have fun with it. Unless I can find a friend of my recipient and ask them....:think:

Yeah, I list stuff I like generally, and also say that anything neat works for me. On the receiving end, it's just cool to get something, like a baby I sometimes get more into the wrapping than the gift (people have sent me some pretty cool wrapping!).

I worry about people already having what I get them, or wanting a higher grade than I can swing, so I usually get something tangentially related to the request, y'know?

I was very specific for the most part, with issue numbers, just because I already have a lot of stuff. A lot. But I'll be happy with whatever, it really is the thought that counts with this.

The person I got was the exact opposite, pretty much as vague as possible. So this will be interesting! Hopefully he likes Spire.... ;)

By the way Santa I've been a VERY GOOD boy. :blush:

I know better than to believe the lies...good thing its already on route to you :)

You didn't have to give me your SC22,that's so nice of you..he he he!

Why do you need a lesser presenting SC22?

By the way Santa I've been a VERY GOOD boy. :blush:

I know better than to believe the lies...good thing its already on route to you :)

You didn't have to give me your SC22,that's so nice of you..he he he!

Why do you need a lesser presenting SC22?

Pulease! :eyeroll: You and I know we have two of the prettiest 4.5 white page SC 22's on the planet.

They are like yin and yang. :wishluck: