• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A.K.A. Jessica Jones on Netflix (11/20/15)
3 3

840 posts in this topic

I'm not exactly sure how it implies monster of the week when it looks like it focuses pretty much entirely on her complicated, twisted story with Killgrave. Where does the monster of the week vibe come from? :shrug:

Again, I'm just not so sure there's enough meat on that bone to sustain an entire show. And the villain's power, at least as depicted in the trailers, is very similar to what was already done in the SHIELD show, the "Bahrain" episode of Season Two (the best episode of that show to date by the way).

Agreed with Marvelcollector's overall assessment. Though I can't say it's a bad thing that Marvel is pushing the limits of their oeuvre, but we can't expect them to all be gems, because they won't be.

-J.

Obviously a very well produced show, but I have yet to see anything that wows or immediately draws in the viewer the way the Daredevil trailer did (particularly for the non-comic-book-nerd crowd). Perhaps it is just the source material and a weak F-list character that does not seem capable of supporting their own show, but this material looks like a long, drawn out (no pun intended) version of the monster of the week stuff they've done on the SHIELD show.

Fortunately the canvas is small, so if it doesn't quite connect it won't harm the Marvel brand at all.

-J.

That's a lot of wrong in one post, bravo

Obviously a very well produced show, but I have yet to see anything that wows or immediately draws in the viewer the way the Daredevil trailer did (particularly for the non-comic-book-nerd crowd). Perhaps it is just the source material and a weak F-list character that does not seem capable of supporting their own show, but this material looks like a long, drawn out (no pun intended) version of the monster of the week stuff they've done on the SHIELD show.

Fortunately the canvas is small, so if it doesn't quite connect it won't harm the Marvel brand at all.

-J.

Have you read the source material?

-J.

Oh, you again. The guy who thinks opinions can be "wrong". :eyeroll:

Well at least you're consistent with your condescending arrogance.

-J.

-J.

-J.

Opinions can't be wrong?

-J.

I have and it is perfect for a modern TV show.

-J.

...or one episode of SHIELD. :baiting:

-J.

-J.

-J.

Nope. Have you read the series?

-J.

Someone is showing arrogance, but its not me. Yes, opinions can be wrong, in your opinion 2+2 might equal 5, but it doesnt...

You have complete freedom to hold any opinion you would like, that doesnt mean they are all correct, or all of equal value.

Stepping into this thread and declaring a bunch of spurious opinions as facts is a nice marriage of arrogance and ignorance. Stick to being wrong about modern variants, and dont be going around trolling threads in the movie/tv section and getting them locked with the arguments that ensue.

-J.

-J.

Perhaps you should re-read my original comment about the trailer(s).

-J.

-J.

-J.

-J.

I'm quickly forming the opinion that reading any of your comments will probably be a waste of my time. :sorry:

-J.

Someone is showing arrogance, but its not me. Yes, opinions can be wrong, in your opinion 2+2 might equal 5, but it doesnt...

You have complete freedom to hold any opinion you would like, that doesnt mean they are all correct, or all of equal value.

Stepping into this thread and declaring a bunch of spurious opinions as facts is a nice marriage of arrogance and ignorance. Stick to being wrong about modern variants, and dont be going around trolling threads in the movie/tv section and getting them locked with the arguments that ensue.

You have a lot of nerve, pal. I'll post where I like.

And incidentally, essentially all of my non-fanboy friends had the same reaction to the trailers.

I guess their opinions equal 5 as well.

-J.

-J.

-J.

-J.

I'm quickly forming the opinion that reading any of your comments will probably be a waste of my time. :sorry:

Ditto. :acclaim:

-J.

And incidentally, essentially all of my non-fanboy friends had the same reaction to the trailers.

-J.

I didnt tell you where you could post, I said dont troll this section and get our thread locked because you feel the need to argue.

as for you and your friends versus everyone else, the truth will unfold on Nov.20th.

Jessica Jones has nothing to do with the Bahrain episode, and the subject matters (Rape, Abuse, Mental Health, Substance Abuse, Sexual Empowerment, Pregnancy, Abortion, Inter-Race Relationships, Power and Responsibility, being a victim vs overcoming it, PTSD, etc) covered by this show will be very significant to a lot of people.. The critics, blogs, and media will absolutely go bonkers for it, and the quality and tone of the show appear to be spot on with the Netflix Universe.

lol

I have been meaning to do it for a while, and his garbage is enough to finally push me to do it. I believe with a custom CSS add-on to the browser, a real ignore feature can be produced. If it works I will post the instructions so people can use it on who ever they want.

Done properly it should make a person's posts completely vanish (only on your own browser) as if they dont exist. Can produce a local banned user list :)

-J.

I didnt tell you where you could post, I said dont troll this section and get our thread locked because you feel the need to argue.

as for you and your friends versus everyone else, the truth will unfold on Nov.20th.

Jessica Jones has nothing to do with the Bahrain episode, and the subject matters (Rape, Abuse, Mental Health, Substance Abuse, Sexual Empowerment, Pregnancy, Abortion, Inter-Race Relationships, Power and Responsibility, being a victim vs overcoming it, PTSD, etc) covered by this show will be very significant to a lot of people.. The critics, blogs, and media will absolutely go bonkers for it, and the quality and tone of the show appear to be spot on with the Netflix Universe.

Again, very little of that came through in either of those trailers.

Some people didn't much care for the Preacher trailer either.

It happens.

People and their pesky "wrong" opinions....

-J.

ROFLAMO, success :D

They just completely disappear as if they dont exist...

Gotta go share how to do this, works in chrome or firefox, with the Greasmonkey add-on(free browser JS insertion tool)