• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A.K.A. Jessica Jones on Netflix (11/20/15)
3 3

840 posts in this topic

Give it time. He may actually BE purple but we're not going to find out that he's been tricking everyone into seeing him with a caucasian skin tone until near the end? I'm convinced we're going to see some really weird & disturbing things with this show.

I don't think something like him actually being purple (but even the viewer not knowing it until then), if you find out near the end of the story, would distract much FROM the story. It would just add another layer. Show him Caucasian for like 99% of the story & then in one moment near the end, showing that he's actually purple would be a cool twist on top of the climax of the story. Like DD getting his actual costume just before the final battle with Kingpin.

Edited by Doktor

it would be very much like the DD costume, but considering most people see that as the only weak point in Daredevil's S1, I would assume they dont feed fanboys anymore at the expense of breaking the tone/quality.

I think them trying to establish the gritty, dark, realistic street level world, is their primary focus. If they can have a purple colored person while doing that, they will. I just dont think it moves the story forward at all, and they would see it as a risk of degrading the tone.

Edited by CBT

it would be very much like the DD costume, but considering most people see that as the only weak point in Daredevil's S1, I would assume they dont feed fanboys anymore at the expense of breaking the tone/quality.

I think them trying to establish the gritty, dark, realistic street level world, is their primary focus. If they can have a purple colored person while doing that, they will. I just dont think it moves the story forward at all, and they would see it as a risk of degrading the tone.

In fairness though, I think people that said that the costume moment was the weak point of DD S1 was because they didn't really like the costume (too much black & not quite DD-ish enough for me) more than the "it took me out of the story".

In fairness though, I think people that said that the costume moment was the weak point of DD S1 was because they didn't really like the costume (too much black & not quite DD-ish enough for me) more than the "it took me out of the story".

That would be an interesting poll, I feel a lot took the other side of it. His dark costume suited the story and tone, and it was jarring (and felt forced) when he was in the suit, That's my 2 cents.

I think having a guy actually being purple colored, would feel "Batman & Robin" ish. Maybe letting us see that's his "real appearance" and he warps everyone else's perception, or something like that could work. But seeing him purple for any extended period of time would be pretty far from the vibe the show has shown so far in the teasers/trailers.

That would be an interesting poll, I feel a lot took the other side of it. His dark costume suited the story and tone, and it was jarring (and felt forced) when he was in the suit, That's my 2 cents.

I think having a guy actually being purple colored, would feel "Batman & Robin" ish. Maybe letting us see that's his "real appearance" and he warps everyone else's perception, or something like that could work. But seeing him purple for any extended period of time would be pretty far from the vibe the show has shown so far in the teasers/trailers.

I'm not very familiar with the character from the comics, but if he really is physically purple in the comics, I think they could do it justice by simply having Killgrave be heavily laden with purple motifs. Have him wear purple, have his "powers" seem to invoke a purple aura in people, etc.

I'm not very familiar with the character from the comics, but if he really is physically purple in the comics, I think they could do it justice by simply having Killgrave be heavily laden with purple motifs. Have him wear purple, have his "powers" seem to invoke a purple aura in people, etc.

yup, that's how they seem to be doing it, and i think its ideal

I doubt he'll ever even be referred to as the "Purple Man". I'm betting he's Killgrave the whole time.

I doubt he'll ever even be referred to as the "Purple Man". I'm betting he's Killgrave the whole time.

I wouldn't be so sure - if he were a "villain of the week" like in AoS, I agree, he'd simply be Killgrave (like Crusher Kreel vs. Absorbing Man) but I think he'll be referenced as the Purple Man at least once throughout his entire series arc. Wilson Fisk wasn't addressed directly as the Kingpin, but the word "kingpin" was used to describe him several times, IIRC.

Give it time. He may actually BE purple but we're not going to find out that he's been tricking everyone into seeing him with a caucasian skin tone until near the end? I'm convinced we're going to see some really weird & disturbing things with this show.

That would actually be AWESOME!!

Look at all that purple.

Netflix has released a new image from Marvel’s Jessica Jones.

The image shows Jessica (Kristyn Ritter) approaching Killgrave (David Tennant), who is standing on a stage behind a miccrophone. We know that “the Purple Man” can control people’s minds, so perhaps the microphone is to amplify his power of suggestion.

jjones-purple-5858e-157086.jpg

Rumor: Daredevil To Appear In Marvel's Jessica Jones

In latest installment of Collider's Heroes, host Jon Schnepp reports that Charlie Cox (Matt Murdock/Daredevil) will be making an appearance in the Netflix series, Marvel's Jessica Jones.

"You're definitely gonna see Matt Murdock in Jessica Jones," Schnepp reveals. "That's a fact. He's in it. I don't know how they interact, but he's in the series."

jessicajonesdaredevil-157363.png

:o