• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A.K.A. Jessica Jones on Netflix (11/20/15)
3 3

840 posts in this topic

For everyone poo-pooing on the trailer and the potential for the show...

Have you read the book? Honestly? If not, you're missing out and I can understand your lack of excitement. The book is one of the best series I've read in awhile. 2c:cloud9:

Jessica Jones has nothing to do with the Bahrain episode, and the subject matters (Rape, Abuse, Mental Health, Substance Abuse, Sexual Empowerment, Pregnancy, Abortion, Inter-Race Relationships, Power and Responsibility, being a victim vs overcoming it, PTSD, etc) covered by this show will be very significant to a lot of people.. The critics, blogs, and media will absolutely go bonkers for it, and the quality and tone of the show appear to be spot on with the Netflix Universe.

^^

CBT vs. Jaydogrules... hm

:ohnoez:

its so good...just went through the copper forums, and the heating up on ebay thread, and a few other places to gather up all the names to plug-in. It's like night and day, makes the forums completely readable and enjoyable.

It's really really awesome. Even people using it against oneself is great, because it just ends the arguments. Completely erases them when viewing threads, but leaves them alive to PM, as well as seeing threads they create. The add-on lets you toggle the -script on and off too, if you need to, and removing them from the list restores them to your site. Epic

"people" could be continuing to argue in this thread and I wouldnt even know lol

Edited by CBT

Have you read the book? Honestly? If not, you're missing out and I can understand your lack of excitement. The book is one of the best series I've read in awhile. 2c:cloud9:

Agreed. I had no idea who Jessica Jones was, until either you told me or I heard about it due to show. I bought the entire series and read it almost immediately. It was really that good, especially for a character no one cared about. The sequel (kinda) called the Pulse was ok as well but not as good as Alias.

its so good...just went through the copper forums, and the heating up on ebay thread, and a few other places to gather up all the names to plug-in. It's like night and day, makes the forums completely readable and enjoyable.

It's really really awesome. Even people using it against oneself is great, because it just ends the arguments. Completely erases them when viewing threads, but leaves them alive to PM, as well as seeing threads they create. The add-on lets you toggle the -script on and off too, if you need to, and removing them from the list restores them to your site. Epic

"people" could be continuing to argue in this thread and I wouldnt even know lol

To be fair, you contributed the more aggressive half of that argument. hm

+1

I, like many, had no idea who Jessica Jones was when Marvel made the Netflix Line-up announcement. I know & love DD, PM, & IF, but who the heck is Jessica?

So.... I bought the TPBs. What a great read!!! So well written. She's one of my faves now. And it looks like Netflix has really captured the essence of the comic quite well.

It's going to be as big a hit as Daredevil was! You can take that to the bank.

Harvey I am approaching it as the un-initiated might. The vast majority of the potential audience for this show have not read the comic and will not read the comic.

From that standpoint the trailer failed to reach out and grab you the way Daredevil did, IMO. Very little of the nature of the character or the themes involved you say are in the series came out in the trailer. The observation is similar to what many have said about the Preacher trailer (and they have a point as well).

Are dissenting opinions that are respectfully stated not allowed in this thread for some reason? (shrug)

-J.

Harvey I am approaching it as the un-initiated might. The vast majority of the potential audience for this show have not read the comic and will not read the comic.

From that standpoint the trailer failed to reach out and grab you the way Daredevil did, IMO. Very little of the nature character or the themes involved you say are in the series came out in the trailer. The observation is similar to what many have said about the Preacher trailer (and they have a point as well).

Are dissenting opinions that are respectfully stated not allowed in this thread for some reason? (shrug)

-J.

I will side with you in your right to state your opinion, because you are NOT incorrect in what you're saying. If the themes didn't jump out at you, they didn't jump out at you, and someone can't tell you you're wrong for that. (thumbs u

I will however, respectfully disagree - I was not hugely aware of JJ's story but I feel like I got much more than just the gist of it from the trailer.

Edited by Liaton-9000

From that standpoint the trailer failed to reach out and grab you the way Daredevil did, IMO. Very little of the nature of the character or the themes involved you say are in the series came out in the trailer. The observation is similar to what many have said about the Preacher trailer (and they have a point as well).

-J.

I'm a huge Preacher fan and (now that I've read Alias) a huge jessica Jones fan.

I hated the Preacher Trailer and am super worried about where that show is headed.

I have loved all the Jessica Jones spots so far and am super excited about it.

I feel the JJ spots are capturing the mood. The Preacher trailer had nothing to do with the series I remembered reading.

-J.

Daredevil's trailer jumped out and grabbed you because you're familiar with the character. If you haven't read Alias you don't know what to expect or look for and aren't familiar with the subjects that will be depicted.

i can see Jessica Jones having more mainstream success than Daredevil and being a bigger hit. Just sayin.

Go read the damn book THEN see if the trailer feels different. :baiting:

-J.

I'm a huge Preacher fan and (now that I've read Alias) a huge jessica Jones fan.

I hated the Preacher Trailer and am super worried about where that show is headed.

I have loved all the Jessica Jones spots so far and am super excited about it.

I feel the JJ spots are capturing the mood. The Preacher trailer had nothing to do with the series I remembered reading.

I feel the same way. The Preacher trailer has me worried. :eek:

-J.

Daredevil's trailer jumped out and grabbed you because you're familiar with the character. If you haven't read Alias you don't know what to expect or look for and aren't familiar with the subjects that will be depicted.

i can see Jessica Jones having more mainstream success than Daredevil and being a bigger hit. Just sayin.

Go read the damn book THEN see if the trailer feels different. :baiting:

lol Fine. You've convinced me.

-J.

-J.

You proclaimed the source material was lacking. I ask the question you danced around again, have you read the book? The above comment implied you have not.

I'm fine with you not liking the trailer. I'm not fine with you taking shots at something you've never read though.