• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A.K.A. Jessica Jones on Netflix (11/20/15)
3 3

840 posts in this topic

Watched Ep.1.

Not my cup of tea.

It is sad that Marvel will not be remaining a family-friendly (i.e. kid-friendly) brand.

Another brick in the wall.

Not ever thing that comes out from Marvel is going to be kid friendly.

Or maybe you haven't seen any of the Punisher films, or the DD movie, or the DD TV show.

They make Saturday morning cartoons and some of the lighter films for that.

There's a place for light and a place for dark.

Jessica Jones is far less violent than the DD TV show was thus far....or is it the bumping uglies that turned your milk sour?

Watched Ep.1.

Not my cup of tea.

It is sad that Marvel will not be remaining a family-friendly (i.e. kid-friendly) brand.

Of course they will. That's a silly thing to say. They will always cater to kids and families with the majority of their titles, especially with Disney lording over them. The greater concern would be that Disney asks for these adult-oriented stories to be toned down. Jessica Jones was introduced in the MAX line of books after all.

Watched Ep.1.

Not my cup of tea.

Not ever thing that comes out from Marvel is going to be kid friendly.

Or maybe you haven't seen any of the Punisher films, or the DD movie, or the DD TV show.

They make Saturday morning cartoons and some of the lighter films for that.

There's a place for light and a place for dark.

Jessica Jones is far less violent than the DD TV show was thus far....or is it the bumping uglies that turned your milk sour?

+ 1 or the entire line of Marvel Max imprint.

Looks like Jessica Jones is being very well received. Strong reviews on Rotten (89%) and Metacritic (universal acclaim from users). I usually put more stock in the user reviews as a lot of the professional reviews seem to be paid for/pumped up by content holders.

Though we should also be cautious as it is early days and there might be a strong response bias from those who love the show to review immediately.

Captain Marvel Was Originally Going To Appear On Jessica Jones

As most of you know, showrunner Melissa Rosenberg was developing a Jessica Jones television series for ABC five years ago, but it never gained traction. Several years later, Marvel struck a deal with Netflix that made Jessica Jones a perfect fit for the online streaming site. Rosenberg had originally planned to use Carol Danvers in ABC's Jessica Jones, but she had to alter those plans when it moved to Netflix.

"Back when it was at ABC Network, I did use Carol Danvers," Rosenberg told IGN. "But between then and when it ended up on Netflix, you know, the MCU shifted, and it also shifted away from the universe in the [comic] book. So in the book, the powers are very out in the open and the themes of that are about ‘the other,’ and in the cinematic universe that’s not the mythology. So there was a lot that I had to move away from, just in terms of sheer plot, and Carol Danvers got her own movie."