• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A.K.A. Jessica Jones on Netflix (11/20/15)
3 3

840 posts in this topic

I loved Jessica Jones.

Is anyone a big fan of Powerman and Iron Fist? I've always found them to be two of the least interesting characters in the Marvel Universe. The whole 1970s blaxploitation and Kung-Fu inspirations just looked so boring. Then i thought about which books i had read with those characters and it occured to me it was only the Sabretooth apperances in IF 14 and PM & IF 66, 78 and 84 and a few times they have appeared in the larger MU crossovers or other characters books i collect.

What are peoples thoughts on these characters?

JESSICA JONES Showrunner Comments On Season 2 Plans And THE DEFENDERS

Talking to The Hollywood Reporter recently, showrunner Melissa Rosenberg was asked about the possibility of a second season for Jessica Jones, and had this to say about squeezing that in before The Defenders are eventually assembled.

"I hope so. There certainly is story-telling wise. The question becomes is there actual time? There are logistics involved, because Defenders has to shoot by a certain time, contractually. Actually, I'm not sure; I'm not at all involved in those conversations, much to my dismay. The first question is whether or not we will even get a second season. The second question is, if so, when? Will it be before The Defenders or after? I'd certainly love it to be before but there are things that play into that — time, availability."

This show is a downer. Two straight episodes of grief. I like the characters and the tone of the show but the storytelling is really slow. Kilgrave sounds too omnipotent. If I recall his abilities wear off shortly after the person is separated from him. His ability to force people to do things is overstated here otherwise frankly who can stop him. The main character who plays her is alright but I have a tough time believing she can beat up on anyone. So far this show feels kind of seedy without any sign of hope.

Yes DD is way better. In fact, the best thing on TV. Agent Carter is really good also, with Gotham behind it because of its' shock value.

I'm on episode 10 after doing some marathon watching while scanning books. My wife hopped in and watch a couple episodes and felt like the show just didn't have the soul of Daredevil and Flash. I would have to agree the show just doesn't connect as well as those two shows and the show dips into depressing rather then gripping.

The last three episodes have been a lot better to me since Purple Man is in it and the pace is picking up a bit.

Edited by 1Cool

I liked it. Daredevil was better IMO.

Does it get better after the 1st few? I have no desire to go on but I really liked Daredevil.

I can honestly tell you that it's one of those shows where you only continue watching it because you are thinking "this just has to get better".

Unfortunately, it does not. Character motivations are questionable and irrational and there is no payoff at the end of any of it. There just isn't enough material to sustain a 13 episode show. Four episodes would have probably made for some good TV though as long as the show runner was different. Too much of it just didn't make any sense, and that really is just bad writing.

Not a feather in Marvel's cap, but like I said before, the canvas is small so it shouldn't hurt the brand in the long run.

-J.

Does it get better after the 1st few? I have no desire to go on but I really liked Daredevil.

It does get better at episode 5 or so. I'll probably finish up the series tonight and I can't wait to see how this finish up where as I had a tough time watching more then 2 episodes at a time in the beginning.

Am up to episode 11 of 13. Would say JJ is still better than DD do to a strong supporting cast with their own back story being revealed. At least Purple Man /Kilgrave has more dialogue than Kingpin bludgeoning his enemies in Netflix's DD.

I saw Ep 1-2 on Sunday. I liked them OK, but I wanted to like them more. It feels very jumpy and somewhat disjointed. I felt like DD was a very smooth storyline that knew where it was going the entire time. None of the characters are particularly sympathetic, except Luke and Trish, I guess, somewhat.

If Daredevil was an 8.75 on a scale of one to 10 this is about a 5.75 through the first 2 episodes.

People who think this is better than Daredevil are either on drugs, are sitting on a pile of Alias #1 or feel that they have to like it because it fills so much of the progressive checklist

Killgrave is the only thing worth looking forward to in every episode, and even then he's not as menacing as Kingpin or Ledger's Joker

Killgrave is likable as a character and Jessica Jones is not. Flawed heroes can shine through on the screen and I don't know it it's the actress or the poor writing, but half the time I want to see her get punched in her monotone mouth.

I'd be stunned if it gets picked up for a 2nd season. Daredevil type buzz is not happening

I thought JJ gets better as it goes along. Much better in fact. A lot of fun. Good story, great villian!

Liking it a lot B+/A-. My son likes it better than Daredevil. I think Daredevil was a hair better. But its close. Daredevil started out much stronger. But I've really grown to like this show as it moves along.

Edited by Rip

I've only seen two episodes so far and didn't know the story line at all before.

I LOVED/was addicted to Daredevil, I think I would watch 4 in a day and I rarely watch that many hours of tv in one day, I'm usually maxed out after 2 hours...this one, I saw the first two episodes, and I might see one tonight, or maybe after Thursday.

Since I have not seen Kilgrave yet, I'm watching for MIke Coulter, who was great on the Good Wife and I just saw him on Agent X, too. He's still gorgeous.

Finished it up last night. Overall it's good, but not great. Perhaps I was spoiled by Daredevil. I do think it's better than most network TV Superhero shows (AoS, Flash, Gotham, etc). Critics have it slightly better than Daredevil on MetaCritic, users have it slightly worse. I'll give it 6 out of 10.

It's sounds from everywhere JJ is garbage.

Completely a matter of opinion. I loved it, and I enjoyed it better on first watch than I did DD.

I've watched the first 6 episodes, and I think it's very good storytelling. It meets the acid test of a drama: do you want to know what happens next?

I find the answer is always yes with this series so far.

And I should note, I wasn't too excited about this series.

Shouldn't be compared to DD; they are different stylistically. However, overall, half way through, it compares favorably IMO.