• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A.K.A. Jessica Jones on Netflix (11/20/15)
3 3

840 posts in this topic

I tried to watch the first 4 episodes last night and they were absolutely treadful.

It's a terrible cross between one of the NCIS's and a Law and order special victims unit.

Hero for hire #1 should plummet. I was so excited for Luke Cage and they ruined it!

None of these characters are likeable.

Please cancel this garbage.

Should plummet???

Just because YOU didn't like the show does NOT mean the book should plummet. It doesn't work that way.

What matters is how many people liked the show, how many people liked (and like) Luke Cage, etc. And from so much evidence in this thread, a lot of people do.

His portrayal of Luke cage so far is on par with Nicholas Cage on ghost rider

I tried to watch the first 4 episodes last night and they were absolutely treadful.

It's a terrible cross between one of the NCIS's and a Law and order special victims unit.

Hero for hire #1 should plummet. I was so excited for Luke Cage and they ruined it!

Should plummet???

Just because YOU didn't like the show does NOT mean the book should plummet. It doesn't work that way.

What matters is how many people liked the show, how many people liked (and like) Luke Cage, etc. And from so much evidence in this thread, a lot of people do.

According to YOU. (Of course you are entitled to your own opinions and are welcome to share them here, but to say that the book will plummet because of YOUR opinion of the portrayal and/or acting, etc, is to ignore completely that the reviews of so many have been positive, including that of the portrayal of Luke Cage).

Should plummet???

According to YOU. (Of course you are entitled to your own opinions and are welcome to share them here, but to say that the book will plummet because of YOUR opinion of the portrayal and/or acting, etc, is to ignore completely that the reviews of so many have been positive, including that of the portrayal of Luke Cage).

Many of my friends on here that can't be bothered to post are saying the same thing.

JJ as a show top to bottom is an epic POS.

And stop with that cop out PC nonsense "entitled to your opinion" Drek talk.

Man up and just say John listen you don't know what you are talking about etc....

Man up and just say John listen you don't know what you are talking about etc....

Does he need to? That's been implicit with virtually all of your posts for many, many years. :baiting: You ting on any creative work is like a stamp of nearly guaranteed quality. :slapfight:

Does he need to? That's been implicit with virtually all of your posts for many, many years. :baiting: You ting on any creative work is like a stamp of nearly guaranteed quality. :slapfight:

hm

All long as Star Wars is good life is good.

Just wake me up when Daredevil season 2 is uploaded.

For what it's worth, I'm enjoying the show. As said earlier, my litmus test for any drama, is "do I care what happens next?". I think the screen write is solid and the acting top notch. I wasn't expecting Avengers movie level FX.

(shrug)

I don't think it's a bad show from the two episodes I saw but there are a list of other things I would prefer to watch first. Given the broad range of responses so far I don't think the show is a clear winner overall.

Edited by romanheart

Just finished JJ last night. I liked it just as much as Daredevil but for completely different reasons.

I feel like a lot of the hate compared to DD might be because of pacing. DD had a lot of cliffhanger / oh s$!t moments that forced you to watch several episodes in a row. The tension placements made DD seem more like 3 or 4 long movies. With JJ, it's a lot more subdued, so it's easier to take breaks in between episodes.

As much as I loved DD, I appreciate that JJ is more laid back. I feel like the Marvel strength in general is giving something new or different with each property. The vibe of JJ was different than anything so far, and I thought it worked amazingly. 2c

But to each their own.

How is an overarching 13 episode story that also works to flesh out the protagonists backstory in a relatively non-traditional way (we got to avoid the whole "origin" episode!) the same as the hourly procedurals you've mentioned that introduce a crime and wrap it all up within 44 minutes until next week where nothing carries over and we do it all over again?

Your criticism is Jessica Jones isnt likable? She's not SUPPOSED to be likable...

I thought Luke Cage was certainly likable.

It wasnt Daredevil, but it was just one step back, and still better than most stuff on TV.

Just finished it and although it could have been better it definetely picked up half way thru and kept it going. Overall a good fun series. I've got to go scan my DD 4s now. lol

Should plummet???

JohnnyBoy you start smoking crack again??? The show is absolutely brilliant, I can't stop watching and finding time to slip another episode in. Didn't have a clue about any of the source material going in, but after watching three episodes before Sunday, at the show I did I bought every copy of Alias #1 in the room. I really think this one has got legs. And PurpleMan? An incredible villain....even bought a DD #4 on Sunday because of it. The MCU has become the "it" thing for me right now, so much so that if someone came up to me and asked me if I'd like to watch Force Awakens tomorrow or Civil War, no contest Civil War hands down.

Jim

Should plummet???

JohnnyBoy you start smoking crack again??? The show is absolutely brilliant, I can't stop watching and finding time to slip another episode in. Didn't have a clue about any of the source material going in, but after watching three episodes before Sunday, at the show I did I bought every copy of Alias #1 in the room. I really think this one has got legs. And PurpleMan? An incredible villain....even bought a DD #4 on Sunday because of it. The MCU has become the "it" thing for me right now, so much so that if someone came up to me and asked me if I'd like to watch Force Awakens tomorrow or Civil War, no contest Civil War hands down.

Jim

vaderdandelion.gif

The show is fantastic. 9.4/10 for me. Jessica is supposed to be hard to like. That's part of her. She's damaged goods, and it shows in her pizzy attitude. Luke was cast well, and I thought all of his scenes were well done. The show is a winner. The mainstream likes it. I like it, and there have only been a handful of comic shows I've liked.

I would give DD a 9.6 and JJ a 9.4.

For what it's worth, I am incredibly bored by/dislike Arrow, Flash, Supergirl, Gotham, Fear the Walking Dead, and Constantine. I'm mildly entertained by Agents of SHIELD and the Strain. I love the Walking Dead, Daredevil, Jessica Jones, Peggy Carter, and I'm a bit on the fence about I-Zombie. I think that covers the list for current comic shows...I'd rank Jessica Jones at the top right under Daredevil.