• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A.K.A. Jessica Jones on Netflix (11/20/15)
3 3

840 posts in this topic

I finished it up last week and thought it was excellent as well.

I liked Daredevil too, but didn't care for Donofrio's at-times stilted delivery. Not sure I will go back for a second viewing of either DD or JJ, but I'll be checking out season two of Daredevil and the Luke Cage series as well.

(thumbs u

I'm on episode 9 (I don't have time to binge in 1 day) and I'm nearly fed up with the stretch the writers have gone through to drag this thing with Kilgrave out. I mean how seriously stupid and inept do the writers have to make Jessica, Trish, and SpecOps Cop in order to facilitate her capturing and losing Kilgrave twice not to mention completely botching any chance of freeing Hope on legal grounds, sacrificing at least 4 more (that I know of) people at his hands in the name of trying to clear Hopes name, and a possible missed opportunity/attempt in neutralizing Kilgrave via a slow (albeit dull) and therapeutic conversion to a level decency even if means killing him later.

I mean the guy is a man-child with a classic case of abandonment and mommy/daddy issues.

So tell me, does it get any better? It started out great in the first 4 episodes and Kilgrave was making for a great villian right up until they humanized him. Is it worth continuing until the end or should I just save myself the time and brain cells?

I'm on episode 9 (I don't have time to binge in 1 day) and I'm nearly fed up with the stretch the writers have gone through to drag this thing with Kilgrave out. I mean how seriously stupid and inept do the writers have to make Jessica, Trish, and SpecOps Cop in order to facilitate her capturing and losing Kilgrave twice not to mention completely botching any chance of freeing Hope on legal grounds, sacrificing at least 4 more (that I know of) people at his hands in the name of trying to clear Hopes name, and a possible missed opportunity/attempt in neutralizing Kilgrave via a slow (albeit dull) and therapeutic conversion to a level decency even if means killing him later.

I mean the guy is a man-child with a classic case of abandonment and mommy/daddy issues.

So tell me, does it get any better? It started out great in the first 4 episodes and Kilgrave was making for a great villian right up until they humanized him. Is it worth continuing until the end or should I just save myself the time and brain cells?

Power your way thru is my advice. It's got good episodes and ok episodes but since you made it to episode 9 you should just finish it up and join the debate if they should make a second season.

Do yourself a favor. Just watch Daredevil again if you have to watch something.

I can't imagine going 9 episodes deep into something in an effort to try to like it.

I can't imagine going 9 episodes deep into something in an effort to try to like it.

Quiter

Quiter

I just can't spare hours and hours watching shows I don't like. Life is too short.

Quiter

I just can't spare hours and hours watching shows I don't like. Life is too short.

If I hated the show I'd have definitely bailed after the first few episodes - way too many shows and stuff to do. I thought the shows were definitely good enough to keep watching but at the end I wished it had been much better then it was.

Thanks for all the advice. Doesn't sound like the end is worth watching for much other than closure. If there's only 3 episodes left I'll power through but if it's more like 10 then I'll save those hours for something more enjoyable. I guess now's as good a time to start watching breaking bad and game of thrones.

How Jessica Jones Lays The Foundation For Marvel's Defenders

From Jessica Jones, we know that Luke is not fond of police, but that may simply be because of his ex-convict past. As of Civil War, someone like Luke Cage would likely be expected to register with the government. If Luke Cage of the MCU is anything like his comic book counterpart, this is not an idea he will be fond of, which may explain why he’s a fugitive by the time his series starts, a situation foreshadowed by the attempt on Jessica’s life in Jessica Jones.

The second major thread that seems set to be picked up on in Defenders is the existence of the mysterious company called IGH. While there’s no organization named IGH in the Marvel Comics Universe (at least not that I know of), there is a substance called MGH, short for Mutant Growth Hormone. MGH factors majorly into Alias, the comic book that Jessica Jones is based on.

We know that mutants can’t appear in or have anything to do with Marvel Cinematic Universe projects, and that the Inhumans have been filling that void. Perhaps that will be the case here as well, and we’ll find that IGH is actually Inhuman Growth Hormone. It’s true that Inhuman Growth Hormone is more of a product name than a company name, but when you’re as hard to track down as Trish Walker implied this company was, you can pretty much do whatever you want.

How Jessica Jones Lays The Foundation For Marvel's Defenders

From Jessica Jones, we know that Luke is not fond of police, but that may simply be because of his ex-convict past. As of Civil War, someone like Luke Cage would likely be expected to register with the government. If Luke Cage of the MCU is anything like his comic book counterpart, this is not an idea he will be fond of, which may explain why he’s a fugitive by the time his series starts, a situation foreshadowed by the attempt on Jessica’s life in Jessica Jones.

The second major thread that seems set to be picked up on in Defenders is the existence of the mysterious company called IGH. While there’s no organization named IGH in the Marvel Comics Universe (at least not that I know of), there is a substance called MGH, short for Mutant Growth Hormone. MGH factors majorly into Alias, the comic book that Jessica Jones is based on.

We know that mutants can’t appear in or have anything to do with Marvel Cinematic Universe projects, and that the Inhumans have been filling that void. Perhaps that will be the case here as well, and we’ll find that IGH is actually Inhuman Growth Hormone. It’s true that Inhuman Growth Hormone is more of a product name than a company name, but when you’re as hard to track down as Trish Walker implied this company was, you can pretty much do whatever you want.

Sounds fantastic so far :applause:

I guess there was enough excitement over this series to justify a follow-on season.

Jessica Jones Season Two Is a Go at Netflix

Breathe a sigh of relief, Jessica Jones fans. The show has been renewed for a second season.

The series, which stars Krysten Ritter as the title heroine and Mike Colter as her boyfriend Luke Cage (who gets his own spinoff soon), took a bit longer than Daredevil for Netflix to hop on a second season, leading some to worry that it might be in danger, but Variety reports it's now a done deal.

Jessica Jones, prior to Marvel's Defenders slate popping up at Netflix, started its life as AKA Jessica Jones, originally developed for broadcast TV with many of the same creative personnel who would later bring a much more hardcore take to the video-on-demand service.

:applause:

I guess there was enough excitement over this series to justify a follow-on season.

Breathe a sigh of relief, Jessica Jones fans. The show has been renewed for a second season.

The series, which stars Krysten Ritter as the title heroine and Mike Colter as her boyfriend Luke Cage (who gets his own spinoff soon), took a bit longer than Daredevil for Netflix to hop on a second season, leading some to worry that it might be in danger, but Variety reports it's now a done deal.

Jessica Jones, prior to Marvel's Defenders slate popping up at Netflix, started its life as AKA Jessica Jones, originally developed for broadcast TV with many of the same creative personnel who would later bring a much more hardcore take to the video-on-demand service.

I'm excited!

That's great news! :applause: I'm now strongly suspecting there have always been backup plans in the overall Defenders arc in case the series were well enough received for a second season each. hm