• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The official J Scott Campbell Appreciation/Discussion Thread
12 12

4,768 posts in this topic

AcSkK6p.jpg

had a nice little addition to the collection today :cloud9:

Cool, you got that from ebay last week? what grade was it?

Jealous

You have one stop it ;)

yeah... it popped up and i pounced... 9.4-9.6ish... hopefully press into 9.8... guess we'll find out lol... how come this book doesnt get talked about more... seems like its more of a ghost than UXM 510 sketch... and there's only 4 on the census...

Edited by zupaphly

AcSkK6p.jpg

Jealous

You have one stop it ;)

yeah... it popped up and i pounced... 9.4-9.6ish... hopefully press into 9.8... guess we'll find out lol... how come this book doesnt get talked about more... seems like its more of a ghost than UXM 510 sketch... and there's only 4 on the census...

Black Panther..... Not Spider-man or X-men (shrug)

Its ok, people don't really care about that book.. But hell start pumping it up!! get that price going :banana:

AcSkK6p.jpg

Jealous

You have one stop it ;)

It's a black panther cover of a short lived mini that's why it doesn't get talked about. xmen , amazing spiderman , wolverine and deadpool have a big fan base. Which is why amazing spiderman 688, xmen 510 and the deadpool and wolverine Campbells are in demand.

I don't put the black Panther sketch on the same level as the wolverine #1 and xmen 510 sketch. I have all 3 for what it's worth. I paid $4 for my black panther sketch lol Mine is a raw and no chance at 9.8. I want a 9.8 but not at wolverine #1 or xmen 510 price. Heck no. lol

It's a black panther cover of a short lived mini that's why it doesn't get talked about. xmen , amazing spiderman , wolverine and deadpool have a big fan base. Which is why amazing spiderman 688, xmen 510 and the deadpool and wolverine Campbells are in demand.

I don't put the black Panther sketch on the same level as the wolverine #1 and xmen 510 sketch. I have all 3 for what it's worth. I paid $4 for my black panther sketch lol. Mine is a raw and no chance at 9.8. I want a 9.8 but not at wolverine #1 price.

i get its not spidey, deadpool, wolverine, or xmen... but youd think with how this is so rare Campbell collectors like myself would be chomping at the bit... im thinking maybe its just not as well know... Its not like danger girl has the following as the other guys and look at what the ruby red commands... but i also get your point... just happy to add this to my pc... now i just have to get the big guys lol... i would have never know this book existed had you not posted about the one you got for $4 a while back, so thanks =)

That's cool. I'm not arguing if it's a rare book or not. I know it's tough in 9.8 and raw since I've been trying to find a 9.8 for a long time. However, I have to disagree that it's on danger girl ruby red level.

Just my opinion... (Plus I love discussing Campbell. )That's what the forums are for right ?

With that said . I do think you got a great deal on your raw. :headbang::foryou:

Dell Otto though....

lol yeah, probably shouldn't be on this thread. Think we need a Dell Otto appreciation thread? Same with Adam Hughes and Jim Lee?

Pleas let me pick up a few on my list before creating threads for one of those and adding all that gas on the fire in auctions. :foryou: