• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The official J Scott Campbell Appreciation/Discussion Thread
12 12

4,765 posts in this topic

It was the most recent one on eBay that was listed at 399obo it has a non color breaking crease on the back top left that i will be sending out to joeypost but i say i think with the press a clear 9.6 maybe 9.8 if they're nice

Score if it hits 9.6-9.8...

First post here! I just received my ASM 688 also. I was bidding on the one about a couple weeks ago(I think it was the same one?) and noticed that another seller had one BIN at 649.00 a 9.2 and as the one auction rose, he was dropping his price. He got down to 424.99 and I sent him a best offer for alot less and he took it. I was pretty stoked. I have been on a mission to get all of the ASM variants other than the european and newstand variants and I am down to my last 2. The 678 Venom and the Dell Otto 677, which I had no idea was quite this rare and expensive. But a quest is a quest.

Any way I look forward to rubbing elbows with you guys!

First post here! I just received my ASM 688 also. I was bidding on the one about a couple weeks ago(I think it was the same one?) and noticed that another seller had one BIN at 649.00 a 9.2 and as the one auction rose, he was dropping his price. He got down to 424.99 and I sent him a best offer for alot less and he took it. I was pretty stoked. I have been on a mission to get all of the ASM variants other than the european and newstand variants and I am down to my last 2. The 678 Venom and the Dell Otto 677, which I had no idea was quite this rare and expensive. But a quest is a quest.

Any way I look forward to rubbing elbows with you guys!

Heya! Always nice to see other Oregonians on the boards. You should be able to hit a 678 in the next few months, about a year ago they caught fire and a bunch went up for sale. The 667 however...god speed lol Welcome to the boards!

I guess I could go try and get a full spidey run....nah.......

Jerome

Edited by Lethal_Collector

Yeah up untill reading the Dell Otto thread I had no idea at all how rare the book was and what its going for. But that is the fun I guess.

I am in Bend what part of Oregon are you in?

Also do you think the Mexican Del Mole Variant of the 678 cover is going to hurt the value of the 678?

Yeah up untill reading the Dell Otto thread I had no idea at all how rare the book was and what its going for. But that is the fun I guess.

Also do you think the Mexican Del Mole Variant of the 678 cover is going to hurt the value of the 678?

I'm in Beaverton (thumbs u

As for the 678, I'd say a little bit yes, but mostly no it won't hurt the value. It does provide a cheap(er) way to own the cover/issue. But I think it just adds to aura of the book 2c

Jerome

OK Thanks I will take the 2 cents, My son lives in Beaverton and Has a Subway store out there. Nice to meet you. This site is pretty cool, I have been collecting comics since I was 9 (so 41 years) and really never got to discuss it with anyone in the know other than the comic shop owners and they never really give a hoot. Just buy something!

lol

So true, TFAW is the worst. I hate buying from them and they never get any variants. One of their employees didn't know what a graded comic was when I asked if they stocked any CGC style boxes. How do you work at a comic shop and not know that there are grading companies. Either he'd never been to a con, it was his first day or he lied :pullhair:

Jerome

I'm in Beaverton (thumbs u

As for the 678, I'd say a little bit yes, but mostly no it won't hurt the value. It does provide a cheap(er) way to own the cover/issue. But I think it just adds to aura of the book 2c

Jerome

+1

None of the reprints of the other books hurt the relative values of their original counterparts either.

Plus the 678 already has previously been reprinted, homaged, and posterized. lol

-J.

Does anyone have images of the JSC connecting covers for Spider Women crossover? I pre-ordered them like a month ago sight unseen, but I'm ok with that when it comes to Campbell. Still, I haven't seen cover art for them as of yet

Not sure if it's out publicly yet