• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The official J Scott Campbell Appreciation/Discussion Thread
12 12

4,765 posts in this topic

lol Nice ! Explains why the 9.2 pgx was listed for $800. You guys need to stop setting highs for these Campbell books. At least wait until I add the books to my collection. lol

:gossip: You keep talking about them!

Edited by Thanos88

Guess I won't be getting the silk 3 variant.....I love JSC's art.....but to me that comic isn't worth the $80 + on ebay for it. It just came out, I hope it drops in price in the next few weeks or so.

Hope in one hand, in another, you tell me which one gets fuller first, and which one yields you a true NM copy. I hate the price too, but I always have trouble finding a good raw copy if I wait too long on a book like this. the NM+ Ones will be snatched by other board members, and slabbed, and the ones that fail pre-screen are the ones that hit eBay again for round 2.

This is why I never by "9.8" raws of eBay, if I want a 9.8 I buy it already slabbed. lol

I buy and sell a lot on eBay, this is not the norm. There are scumbags out there, but most true collectors have integrity.

:sorry: can we get this appreciation thread locked or deleted? :roflmao:

No! You can struggle to catch up like the rest of us.

It was this kind of talk that pushed the Wolverine #1 out of my reach. STAHP!!!!!!! lol

lol! I forgot option B. Give up all hope. I'll never have a wolverine #1.

688 9.8 SS Just sold for 1500$ ebay

I missed that too and can't find it.

Linky?

-J.

ASM 688 9.8 SALE

Thanks! That was listed and sold so fast I didn't even get a chance to get a notification from ebay.

Makes one wonder if the seller left some money on the table. hm

-J.

1K over last sale would make me bust a nut..

688 9.8 SS Just sold for 1500$ ebay

I missed that too and can't find it.

Linky?

-J.

ASM 688 9.8 SALE

Thanks! That was listed and sold so fast I didn't even get a chance to get a notification from ebay.

Makes one wonder if the seller left some money on the table. hm

-J.

1K over last sale would make me bust a nut..

lol True dat.

But in fairness, that last sale was a year and a half ago.

-J.

Guess I won't be getting the silk 3 variant.....I love JSC's art.....but to me that comic isn't worth the $80 + on ebay for it. It just came out, I hope it drops in price in the next few weeks or so.

From my experience, Campbell variants/covers hold their value well.

Eh, not within the past two years.

Eh, not within the past two years.

I think that is only because he is drawing a TON of covers a year. Covers on main titles with popular characters hold there value. Just look at some of the books discussed in this thread and the premium they demand.