• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The official J Scott Campbell Appreciation/Discussion Thread
12 12

4,765 posts in this topic

I knew spiderman 688 was gonna explode. Deadpool vs xforce and Guardians 4 is next...at least I hope since I have one. What are the Chances jsc comes to new York comic con again this year? I want to cgc ssignature everything.

Guess I won't be getting the silk 3 variant.....I love JSC's art.....but to me that comic isn't worth the $80 + on ebay for it. It just came out, I hope it drops in price in the next few weeks or so.

From my experience, Campbell variants/covers hold their value well.

Eh, not within the past two years.

I think that is only because he is drawing a TON of covers a year. Covers on main titles with popular characters hold there value. Just look at some of the books discussed in this thread and the premium they demand.

The fact that JSC is churning out variant covers is not helping with resell value. Last book to hold and increase value is what? Guardians of the galaxy 4 and inhuman #1? Those are $250 + books in 9.8. those were released a couple of years ago.

I knew spiderman 688 was gonna explode. Deadpool vs xforce and Guardians 4 is next...at least I hope since I have one. What are the Chances jsc comes to new York comic con again this year? I want to cgc ssignature everything.

Yes you did nail that one. (thumbs u

-J.

what's the best J Scott Campbell cover to own?

For me personally it's Superior Spider-man 20 Variant, but only because it's one of the more sexy and different Campbell takes on a cover. The ball of yarn is just the Cat's Meow!

Guess I won't be getting the silk 3 variant.....I love JSC's art.....but to me that comic isn't worth the $80 + on ebay for it. It just came out, I hope it drops in price in the next few weeks or so.

From my experience, Campbell variants/covers hold their value well.

Eh, not within the past two years.

I think that is only because he is drawing a TON of covers a year. Covers on main titles with popular characters hold there value. Just look at some of the books discussed in this thread and the premium they demand.

The fact that JSC is churning out variant covers is not helping with resell value. Last book to hold and increase value is what? Guardians of the galaxy 4 and inhuman #1? Those are $250 + books in 9.8. those were released a couple of years ago.

Yup (thumbs u

Do you guys think these reprints (German/Mexican etc.) Will diminish the value of the JSC covers? I've seen quite a few now including wolverine #1. I have been tempted to get one despite the language in print.

Yes you did nail that one. (thumbs u

-J.

Ok I'm 2 for 2.

http://m.ebay.com/itm/231811158791?rmvSB=true&ul_ref=http%3A%2F%2Frover.ebay.com%2Frover%2F1%2F711-53200-19255-0%2F1%3Fcampid%3D5337214861%26toolid%3D10001%26customid%3DCGCForum%26mpre%3Dhttp%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fitm%2F231811158791%3F_trksid%3Dp2055119.m1438.l2649%26ssPageName%3DSTRK%253AMEBIDX%253AIT%26srcrot%3D711-53200-19255-0%26rvr_id%3D973036470958&_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&_mwBanner=1&ul_noapp=true

I got mine for 55 a few weeks ago. It's climbing fast...

what's the best J Scott Campbell cover to own?

That is a personal preference honestly. The SSM 20 is a wonderful cover and still has room to grow. Personally, one of my favorites is the Black Widow 6 cover. Very hard to find and has that Scarlett Johansson look:)

Stan Lee collectibles has deadpooll xforce 1 Campbell variant for 75...

I picked one up, thx for the link.

And a few more ASM 688 Campbells popped up on ebay too. They are all 9.6's tho :sorry:

Jerome

Missed it. Already sold out. Dammit.

And a few more ASM 688 Campbells popped up on ebay too. They are all 9.6's tho :sorry:

Jerome

That was fast... Who is the hoader in here that bought them all lol...

Jerome

That was fast... Who is the hoader in here that bought them all lol...

I decided to get two...was it me?

Jerome

Silk vol 2 #3 - Marvel Retailer Incentive Cover by J. Scott Campbell

Back In Stock !!!

http://jscottcampbell.com/collections/jsc-exclusive-covers/products/silk-vol-2-3-marvel-retailer-incentive-cover-by-j-scott-campbell

Only SIGNED copies. So NOPE.

(shrug)

It'd be a GLOD if subbed to CGC, bummer.

Jerome