• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The official J Scott Campbell Appreciation/Discussion Thread
12 12

4,765 posts in this topic

Thanks guys!

Been quite a while since people posted their own books/collection. Here are some of my fave Campbell covers at the moment lol. I've been meaning to take a full collection pic but been too busy.

image_zpscnndivz5.jpeg

I wish the blue 9.8s were SS labels. :sorry:

Thanks guys!

Been quite a while since people posted their own books/collection. Here are some of my fave Campbell covers at the moment lol. I've been meaning to take a full collection pic but been too busy.

image_zpscnndivz5.jpeg

I wish the blue 9.8s were SS labels. :sorry:

THERE they are.

Nice stack 'reezy! :cloud9:

-J.

Noice!

I've got a ASM 607 at CGC now, It's under a 9.8 pre-screen.

Jerome

That asm 607 is classic JSC. if that was a variant who knows what prices would be ? One of my favorite covers.

Noice!

Jerome

That asm 607 is classic JSC. if that was a variant who knows what prices would be ? One of my favorite covers.

Aaand I JUST found out my 607 didn't make the 9.8 pre-screen :tonofbricks: o well.

Jerome

With Campbell not doing convention sketches anymore, this is probably the closest I will get to owning his OA and likely the closest I will get to owning a cover:

P1020128_zpsagjmfip2.jpg

I'd still buy his prelims if I can afford it.

Noice!

Jerome

Aaand I JUST found out my 607 didn't make the 9.8 pre-screen :tonofbricks: o well.

Jerome

ASM 607 is going to be an expensive book in a few years. Start buying. I think I will have mine pressed before I can slab it.

Anyone here collect Campbell sketches? The sketch bug bit me a while back and I have been trying to acquire some Campbell pieces within the last few years.

Here is my Campbell sketch collection :

image_zpsfnm4mkc1.jpegimage_zps9vpgprnh.jpeg

If anyone has any sketches they want to sell shoot me a PM.

Also, id love to see some OA, sketch covers in your collection.

:)

Jantonio,

:gossip: I think you have them all..

Haha you ain't that far behind T. I think you should share your group shot :baiting:

:taptaptap:

Oh and Jrezzy, the girl on the bottom right is the kind of girl you take home to meet your mum. While the girl on the bottom left is the one you take home to meet your dad, eh EH? #oohlala

Jerome

Edited by Lethal_Collector

Haha you ain't that far behind T. I think you should share your group shot :baiting:

:taptaptap:

Oh and Jrezzy, the girl on the bottom right is the kind of girl you take home to meet your mum. While the girl on the bottom left is the one you take home to meet your dad, eh EH? #oohlala

Jerome

:roflmao:

Anyone here collect Campbell sketches? The sketch bug bit me a while back and I have been trying to acquire some Campbell pieces within the last few years.

Here is my Campbell sketch collection :

image_zpsfnm4mkc1.jpegimage_zps9vpgprnh.jpeg

If anyone has any sketches they want to sell shoot me a PM.

Also, id love to see some OA, sketch covers in your collection.

:)

Jantonio,

:gossip: I think you have them all..

Maybe all the yellow labels....

Gen%2013%201%20M-L.jpg

Slow day, so I pulled the census #s on JSC's "big" books (books that sell for over 1k).

Here are the census numbers as of 8/5. 9.8 count and total overall graded for that particular book.

Wolverine #1

Graded 9.8 : 55 copies

Total Graded:144

Siege #3

Graded 9.8: 64 copies

Total Graded:110

Uncanny Xmen 510 Partial Sketch

Graded 9.8 : 10 copies

Total Graded: 18

Black Panther Partial Sketch

Graded 9.8 : 6 copies

Total Graded: 10

Black Cat #1

Graded 9.8 : 52 copies

Total Graded: 64

I thought the #s for the Wolverine were much more scarce. Guess the demand for wolverine/deadpool is strong which is why prices are holding steady.