• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cool GA Crime

327 posts in this topic

Why limit ourselves to covers - Exposed #2 has a particularly dull cover - but inside is one of the all time great pre-code crime splash pages.

689091-giggling.jpg

Oh [#@$%!!!] man he did in the dog too. I hate it when they do in the dog like that. I hope no one on the baords works for the FBI becuase I'm affraid they might put rj on some kind of watch list. BTW I think this book is an early origin story for the Joker.

EXPOSED #2 is truly one of the great Pre-Code books. I think I traded my copy to Steve Borock before he was the CGC man.

The whole story is nuts. I wish I had my copy, there are some amazing panels, including one of the giggling killer shooting some guy's eye out.

The last panel is cool too-the Giggling Killer screaming for mercy on the electric chair!

They just don't make 'em like they used to! cloud9.gifinsane.gif

You can't see it in the scan, but the "cigarette" box on the table says "Marijuana" and the vials say "Cocaine". I love this book.

perfectcrime18.jpg

I like this cover also, with the razor, knife, rope, poison and gun on the table. Nice touch of bondage there as well.

bondage.jpg

You can't see it in the scan, but the "cigarette" box on the table says "Marijuana" and the vials say "Cocaine".

I never noticed the marijuana cigs on the table - now I have an excuse to add this to my "marijuana story" want list. Does the story involve weed, or just heroin?

The whole story is nuts. I wish I had my copy, there are some amazing panels, including one of the giggling killer shooting some guy's eye out.

The last panel is cool too-the Giggling Killer screaming for mercy on the electric chair!

They just don't make 'em like they used to! cloud9.gifinsane.gif

27_laughing.gif Thats insane. Are these reprinted anywhere?

Underworld True Crime Stories #3 has a fairly pedestrian cover, but the story 'The Widow of Death" about Belle Guiness is the sickest story I have ever seen in any pre-code comic, horror or crime. This is the most disturbing panel in a story loaded with violent images.

689727-uw3panel.jpg

689727-uw3panel.jpg.a3f9fe9720a7bec6a87b434fc4cbce6c.jpg

Underworld True Crime Stories #3 has a fairly pedestrian cover, but the story 'The Widow of Death" about Belle Guiness is the sickest story I have ever seen in any pre-code comic, horror or crime. This is the most disturbing panel in a story loaded with violent images.

689727-uw3panel.jpg

Ugh! Is that a butcher knife through the kid's head?!?!! Or did she just whack him with something? Either way, a disturbing panel indeed!

Or is that Nanny 911? insane.gif

689727-uw3panel.jpg

Ugh! Is that a butcher knife through the kid's head?!?!! Or did she just whack him with something? Either way, a disturbing panel indeed!

Or is that Nanny 911? insane.gif

It's one of three panels in the story where you see Belle taking a butcher's knife to someones cranium. In the course of the story she also sets a cat on fire, pushes her baby brothers pram down a hill to his death, both when still a child. And a couple of stabbings are thrown in as well. How Wertham missed this one is beyond me.

689727-uw3panel.jpg

Holy [#@$%!!!]! I need to get me some of this stuff....