• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cool GA Crime

327 posts in this topic

I haven't read it yet, Darren, so I'm not sure what the cover represents from inside the book. I plan to read this(along with a few other new acquisitions) sometime this weekend.

What I like about this cover is the way the dead guys eyes have rolled up into his head, and his mouth is stuffed with cards. Also I've always enjoyed playing poker - so this cover has extra appeal for me. I've never been able to figure out where the dame fits into scene.

711846-CDNP40.jpg

711846-CDNP40.jpg.0a4067d0bfae7415f1273d5bbb91225b.jpg

Those are some sweet books, Richard.

Here are my rather humble contributions to this thread. They are the only two pre-silver age books that I think I own in my collection (though I've gotten Liz a few pre-silver scuba covers for hers). I picked these up over the holidays at a little hole in the wall store. He had almost a full run of Crime Does Not Pay, starting with issue 22. They were low grade and some of the later books had some color touch (not the ones I bought though), but his prices were beyond cheap. I think I am going to have to go back and pick up the scarce ones next time I'm in the area. It was definitely a case of me not knowing what the hell I was looking at or I'd have picked up the 22-24, which were in about G+ to VG- condition if I recall correctly.

Hey Pov, can you post a scan of your The Perfect Crime #18?

crimeDNP50.jpg

crimeDNP100.jpg

Hey Pov, can you post a scan of your The Perfect Crime #18?

I got my Perfect Crime 18 because OldGuy posted his a long time ago here and I saw it, wanted it, and finally got it on ebay. Infact, when I created this thread, I had that book in mind but didnlt want to post my copy - was hoping OldGuy would post HIS copy (which inspired me). And he did - but you giots ta go near da start of dis thread, woise guy! grin.gifh

Great CDNPs! Very happy to see these here.

Also, fantasyfootballbono, if you make that trip back to that "hole-in-the-wall", let me know! I've got a couple of big chunks to fill in my CDNP run and I'm happy with LG copies.

Scott

Great pickups thumbsup2.gif I never noticed that bullet thru the head image on the cover of #50 before - I'll have to look for a copy. Glad to see you're picking up GA/pre-code stuff, but be forewarned, once you start, it'll be hard to stop.

Great CDNPs! Very happy to see these here.

Also, fantasyfootballbono, if you make that trip back to that "hole-in-the-wall", let me know! I've got a couple of big chunks to fill in my CDNP run and I'm happy with LG copies.

Send me your want list and roughly how much you're willing to pay as a percentage of guide for copies in the FR/GD to VG- range (which I think was the total range of conditions over the run of CDNPs he had). These guys sell at strictly graded Guide, minus about 25-40%. For example, I paid $20 for the #50 and $30 for the #100.

I'll be back there this summer and will grab whatever you need.

this has the famous needle in the eye story from SOTI. terrific art and story all around by Jack Cole and friends.

720697-TrueCrime.jpg

720697-TrueCrime.jpg.46b0b2dbea8258a0f3b13ef285257cac.jpg