• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cool GA Crime

327 posts in this topic

i see you said your crime dn pay 103 is a walt gibson copy

i bought a bunch of these that were advertised as walt gibson copies as well. two in slabs (that didn't say it) and a few non-slabs. the seller had no authentication other than a copy of the auction catalogue page.

any way to confirm this?

who did you buy your's from?

i didn't pay a premium for them, everything was fairly under guide at the time, although i may not have bid if they didn't have an interesting story atatched to them because i wasn't really hard into collecting this stuff unless i was getting a reader for $1-$3.

"6. Ridicule or attack on any religious or racial group is never permissible."

For 1948, that's pretty progressive. Didn't do anything to prevent those incredibly racist comics of the time though. Although I'd bet they didn't consider them racist.

I would be curious to hear everyone's input on my latest buy. It is my first golden age purchase (other than the WSF 29 I sold due to resto). Most importantly, it is a Cole cover! headbang.gif Although these don't seem to guide for much, its a cool cover and the book looks to be a nice VG+....plus it was cheap! LMK....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...ssPageName=WDVW

Cool pick-up! that's the great thing about pre-code crime, there is still alot of great stuff that can be found for $20 or less. Let me know if that issue actually has the marijuana story that is supposedly in #8 (according to Overstreet),but isn't. I've been tring to figure out if there is one in any issue of the title, or did someone mix it up with All-True Crime Cases. If anyone knows if any issue of these two titles has a marijuana story let me know.

Yeah,

also you slightly beat me on the Tales from the Crypt too. tonofbricks.gif I mean slightly as we put bids within a dollar of each other, only yours was higher. At least we agree to the valuation of these. I was bidding on their Mystery Tales 1 (lost that one too). I only won the Hot Rod and Speedway (and paid a little too much for it).

Sorry... sorry.gif

october fire - when you get it, let us know, i remember some thread somewhere about problems with that seller, but maybe they weren't a big deal. the feedback doesn't look bad.

so, $21 or so (after s/h) for a book that guides at $32 in VG. if you want it, like the cover, etc. you can't go wrong paying what, 60% of guide?

october fire - when you get it, let us know, i remember some thread somewhere about problems with that seller, but maybe they weren't a big deal. the feedback doesn't look bad.

so, $21 or so (after s/h) for a book that guides at $32 in VG. if you want it, like the cover, etc. you can't go wrong paying what, 60% of guide?

I believe you are thinking of Mike Carbonaro's Neatstuff, which is a different company out of New Jersey. This is not the same guy. An unfortunate choice of names for his comic business, I am sure people get them mixed up all the time to his detriment. I have dealt with Carbonaro's Neatstuff several times, sometimes it was good, sometimes bad. Most people on here are not fans.

no, it was this version of neatstuff, not carbonaro's. there was a thread on the ebay board. carbonaro's guy actually posted on there to let everyone know it was not the same "neatstuff"

honestly, i can't even remember what the thread concerned

no, it was this version of neatstuff, not carbonaro's. there was a thread on the ebay board. carbonaro's guy actually posted on there to let everyone know it was not the same "neatstuff"

honestly, i can't even remember what the thread concerned

893scratchchin-thumb.gif Interesting. This guy's feedback is over 1000 and is pretty much perfect. I will let everyone know how it turns out. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

Nope, no problems with the seller. The book came excatly as pictured and it was shipped promptly, packed well, ect.

RJPB- sorry no pot story in this issue. I guess your search goes on.

test2

Welcome to the boards!

That's a great little montage of comics. cloud9.gif

Any chance you could separate pics of each book? popcorn.gif

bumpit.gif

BVSNO-lb1.jpg

Lurid colors on that cover! 893applaud-thumb.gif