• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SUPERGIRL official TV show thread
3 3

2,562 posts in this topic

SUPERGIRL's Season 2 Premiere Delivers Record Breaking Ratings For The CW

The network premiere of SUPERGIRL was super-powered for The CW, giving the network its most-watched (3.024M) show in its Monday 8:00-9:00pm time period in almost eight years (GOSSIP GIRL on 12/1/08), its best adults 18-49 (1.1/4) rating in nearly six years (90210 on 12/6/10), and its highest adults 18-34 (0.9/4) rating in five years (GOSSIP GIRL on 11/21/11), according to preliminary fast affiliate ratings from Nielsen Media Research for October 10, 2016.

SUPERGIRL was The CW’s highest rated show ever in its time period among men 18-49 (1.2/4).

Compared to the same week last season (10/12/15, series premiere of CRAZY EX-GIRLFRIEND), SUPERGIRL more than tripled the network’s performance in total viewers and all key demos.

Versus last season’s time period averages, SUPERGIRL was +246% in total viewers, +200% in adults 18-34, and +267% in adults 18-49. Compared to last season’s season finale on CBS, SUPERGIRL rose +29% in adults 18-34.

SUPERGIRL ranked #3 in its time period in men 18-34 (0.9/4) and #3 (tie) in men 18-49, and #4 in adults 18-34 and adults 18-49 (tie).

SUPERGIRL's Season 2 Premiere Delivers Record Breaking Ratings For The CW

The network premiere of SUPERGIRL was super-powered for The CW, giving the network its most-watched (3.024M) show in its Monday 8:00-9:00pm time period in almost eight years (GOSSIP GIRL on 12/1/08), its best adults 18-49 (1.1/4) rating in nearly six years (90210 on 12/6/10), and its highest adults 18-34 (0.9/4) rating in five years (GOSSIP GIRL on 11/21/11), according to preliminary fast affiliate ratings from Nielsen Media Research for October 10, 2016.

SUPERGIRL was The CW’s highest rated show ever in its time period among men 18-49 (1.2/4).

Compared to the same week last season (10/12/15, series premiere of CRAZY EX-GIRLFRIEND), SUPERGIRL more than tripled the network’s performance in total viewers and all key demos.

Versus last season’s time period averages, SUPERGIRL was +246% in total viewers, +200% in adults 18-34, and +267% in adults 18-49. Compared to last season’s season finale on CBS, SUPERGIRL rose +29% in adults 18-34.

SUPERGIRL ranked #3 in its time period in men 18-34 (0.9/4) and #3 (tie) in men 18-49, and #4 in adults 18-34 and adults 18-49 (tie).

Pretty solid numbers.

Well somehow there has to be a convergence of this world's and the Arrowverse but clearly she cannot die.

And that image is great.

They're going with Flashpoint at some point soon in Season 2. Probably because it's the easiest to write with the characters at hand.

Well somehow there has to be a convergence of this world's and the Arrowverse but clearly she cannot die.

And that image is great.

They're going with Flashpoint at some point soon in Season 2. Probably because it's the easiest to write with the characters at hand.

I thought the Flashpoint event will happen so seamless no one will know it happened and the universe now is how they thought it always was. Only Flash will know it was different

And that image is great.

I thought the Flashpoint event will happen so seamless no one will know it happened and the universe now is how they thought it always was. Only Flash will know it was different

That's what I heard too.

And that image is great.

That's what I heard too.

Although early on it sounded like it was going to be a huge event, later on it sounded like it would only carry over to a few cross-show episodes. I guess we will see.

And that image is great.

That's what I heard too.

Although early on it sounded like it was going to be a huge event, later on it sounded like it would only carry over to a few cross-show episodes. I guess we will see.

The bigger the event, the more dramatic it will be for Supergirl. These things - as nmtg9 implied - never seem to end well...

Crisis on Infinite Earths - Supergirl dies

Flashpoint - Supergirl gets a codpiece and leotard

James Olsen Taking On A New Role In SUPERGIRL As The Vigilante Known As Guardian

Supergirl.jpg

It will be Olsen who wields the shield here though, but won't be telling Supergirl about it. "James is going to decide that he can no longer be a sidekick, so he’s going to become a vigilante," explains executive producer Andrew Kreisberg.

"He’s going to become Guardian, complete with the shield, which is going to cause a massive problem in his relationship with Kara because he decides not to tell her. There’s this new masked vigilante, and she has her own feelings about vigilantes. He’s recruited Winn to help him. Winn is his man in the van. Winn and James together is like comedy gold."

hm