• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SUPERGIRL official TV show thread
3 3

2,562 posts in this topic

Speaking of Jimmy, I was not thrilled with the choice. How can he not be a REDHEAD? And a 6'3" Model? Jimmy was lucky to have a date.

+1

And now he's a studly specimen that I can't EVER picture having the exchanges with Perry White from the comics, tv shows or films. I guess changing his hair color but keeping him a bit of a nerd just wouldn't be believable or PC.

:eyeroll:

I thought the show was good, though except for Flockhart. Nothing about her character makes me want more. I liked that the villain didn't hold back. Body blows against women normally make me cringe when I see it on the screen (like the mallet scene in The Shining remake :eek: ), but I know Kara can take it, so I was able to handle what frankly was a realistic act for the situation.

SHIELD started kinda slow so I'll stick with this as well, just so I won't have to go back to catch up like I'll have to do with Arrow someday.

Edited by MR SigS☺

Just watched, this may have already been mentioned - I encourage diversity in casting whenever possible, but casting a black actor(David Harewood) to play Hank Henshaw...who becomes Cyborg Superman, may cause some serious confusion when Teen Titans Cyborg eventually shows up in film/tv. 2c

You guys are all very funny. Calista is annoying, but she is also campy.

This was a lot better than MAOS where Gemma, sent to an alien planet, conveniently has a cell phone that works for months, a bathing suit for when she needs to catch alien fish AND a gorgeous guy who just happened to be stranded there, and an astronaut no less.

He's also a hell of a barber.

I liked Supergirl, that said I did think it was somewhat choppy as it seemed to jump from scene to scene rather than flow.

I am hoping for some great girl on girl fights and it looks like it will deliver in the next episode.

She said that thing recovered from her ship had "Kryptonese" writing on it. I thought it was known as Kryptonian writing ?

Or are Kryptonians, now known as Kryptonese ?

Edited by Crows

Well it wasn't the smash hit I hoped for, but it wasn't bad.

I hope they bring in more geeky and campy as its really the way to go her.

The fight scenes were terrible. There were a couple of moments in the first episode that as even a non superman fan I really enjoyed.

Overall a decent start with alot of work ahead of them.

Finally, watching a re-run of the Supergirl pilot on CBS. It's pretty wonderful for the small screen. Melissa Benoist is a star. I think it's a cosmic irony that another show about a super-powered female (Wonder Woman) that played thirty-five years ago in playing on MeTV right now.

Just watched it myself this evening. I thought it was pretty good. A few kinks to be ironed out but that's pilots for you... The bit where Supergirl stopped the truck was awesome.

The beginning was pretty cheesy and would rival George Reeves 50's series Krypton opening for schlock. Way too rushed. But, luckily Benoist shows up to "save the day" with her every-gurl narration. Calista Flockhart is playing her character too icy, her character feels like an afterthought anyway. Chyler Leigh adds a lot humanity to Kara's older sis. Hopefully, the dynamic holds throughout. Ever since Frozen, sisters who actually love each other is such a refreshing change. Benoist proved she didn't need fancy TV level effects to carry believable self doubt on her shoulders before the climax, she's just a great actress. The violence was especially stunning with each blow and kick Kara received and felt like there actually might not be a neat/tidy wrap-up for her at the end of the episode as with other weekly "Super" serials from Lois & Clark to Smallville. It's refreshing to see a woman action star get her hands dirty in a a fight actually. Meaning, I was "buying" the fight's set-up compared to The Matrixs or Charlie's Angels of celluloid. One thing's for sure, I'm tuning in next Monday. (thumbs u