• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SUPERGIRL official TV show thread
3 3

2,562 posts in this topic

Loved it, and my husband enjoyed it. He said it was non intellectual fun. He used another word that the spoon filter would get.

I'm glad I taped it, because I had no idea it started at 8:30.

watched it with my daughter, loved it (thumbs u

An hour-long show starting on the half-hour is kind of weird... but yeah, I watched & really liked it.

:)

-slym

It was weird, but they were banking on the lead in from the Big Bang Theory. That's a move that makes sense to me for the first episode as long as future episodes start at 9.

It was weird, but they were banking on the lead in from the Big Bang Theory. That's a move that makes sense to me for the first episode as long as future episodes start at 9.

At the end of the episode it stated Supergirl will be changing to her regular time of 8 AM PM next Monday.

Edited by Bosco685

What a disappointment.

The pilot is always the episode that is thought out the most and is supposed to be carefully crafted to launch a series off the ground. Although mildly entertaining, it contained little to get me to come back. Her origin story was tepid, although the easter eggs were enjoyable. The fact that the word "Superman" can't be uttered bothers me...a lot.

So many know who she is already and we didn't make it out of the first episode, yet her cousin is still incognito after all these years says so much to the character's lack of maturity that it makes me want to hurl. Her supporting cast - Calista Flockhart's character is channeling Meryl Streep's Miranda Priestly (The Devil Wears Prada) in a business that has no business in people behaving like that.

In my opinion, this series started out too bubble-gummy and has a way to go to stand on its own. Having the Big Bang Theory as a lead in will definitely help the ratings for now, but I doubt this series can go it alone...at least from the first episode as an example.

At the end of the episode it stated Supergirl will be changing to her regular time of 8 AM next Monday.

Well, looks like they've already put it in a death time slot. No one will watch it that early in the morning. :insane:

At the end of the episode it stated Supergirl will be changing to her regular time of 8 AM next Monday.

Well, looks like they've already put it in a death time slot. No one will watch it that early in the morning. :insane:

lol

Whooops!

:blush:

Good overall Nielsen rating of 3.2 for a Monday night. http://variety.com/2015/tv/news/supergirl-premiere-ratings-1201626577/

“Supergirl” took flight in the ratings Monday night for CBS, riding fanboy/fangirl curiosity, a strong lead-in and mostly positive reviews to the fall’s top premiere score in the key young-adult demo as well as total viewers.

In Nielsen’s preliminary national estimates, “Supergirl” averaged a 3.2 rating/10 share in adults 18-49 and 12.9 million viewers overall from 8:30 to 9:30 p.m., retaining 76% of the young-adult audience for “The Big Bang Theory” in the 8 o’clock half-hour (five-week high 4.2/14 in 18-49, 15.9 million viewers overall). The DC Comics adaptation starring Melissa Benoist ranked No. 2 behind only “Big Bang” among Monday’s entertainment series.

“Supergirl” will have to do battle starting next week without a lead-in from TV’s No. 1 comedy, though CBS has to be pleased that the superhero show grew slightly in its second half-hour in 18-49 (3.2 vs. 3.1) while holding steady in both 25-54 (4.0) and 18-34 (1.8).

Among the premieres this fall, “Supergirl” rates No. 1 in adults 18-49, edging out NBC’s “Blindspot” (3.1). And for all of 2015, it’s fourth — behind only, AMC’s “The Walking Dead” spinoff “Fear the Walking Dead” from August (4.9), Fox’s “Empire” in January (3.8) and AMC’s “Better Call Saul” in February (3.4, airing behind “The Walking Dead”).

Monday’s premiere exceeded most prognostications, though some thought it would have popped a bit more, given that comicbook geeks generally help series with superhero themes get off to outsized starts. ABC’s “Marvel’s Agents of SHIELD,” for example, opened in September 2013 with the highest adults 18-49 rating for any new broadcast drama in recent years (4.7) but is now doing about one-third of that in same-night numbers in its third season, and Fox’s “Gotham” opened with a strong 3.3 in September of 2014 and is currently doing less than half that for Fox early in its second season. Both shows are doing fine for their respective networks, but they’re not the juggernauts they appeared out of the gate.