• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SUPERGIRL official TV show thread
3 3

2,562 posts in this topic

I'll probably watch it Thursday Night myself, before the Pats game. I have Friday off to decorate the yard for Halloween.

We've just finished putting up the decors... a week early. I say "we" ... all I did was carve a pumpkin avatar ;)

Looks like the WB Water Tower has been superherofied!

Warner Brothers is proud of its fall super hero programming this year! So proud, they've put them on their water tower!

The famous water tower at Warner Brothers Studios has been conquered by super heroes. Arrow, The Flash, Supergirl, and Gotham have each claimed a side of the tower with massive billboards showing off each series.

ZfhXTDi.jpg

kT7JpDc.jpg

:whee:

Poor iZombie, the white-headed step child of the WB super-hero shows.

tumblr_nm5bln9uBE1uqwkaro1_500.gif

David Harewood on Supergirl, Cyborg Superman and Sticking to the Source Material

So when you land a part in a show like this, are you a little disappointed to find out you're going to be one of the people who doubts the hero right off the bat?

Well, that's what's exciting because you have to find out why! Everybody else is going to go "it's Supergirl!" and get really excited about it, but there's this one guy who has a real problem with her. And it really struck me from the -script, and then when I watched the pilot, I'm like, "I hardly smile at this girl. She's the hero, she's got super-powers. Why am I not rushing to welcome her to the DEO?"

And that's going to be interesting to play that and to find out why he's got a huge problem with aliens and people from another planet. I have heard some things in the last couple of days which could be really exciting to play. That's not a problem for me, that's a real encouragement.

People will watch the show and see Hank Henshaw and put it into Google.

I'm sure that people will Google or read the comic books and say "Oh, I didn't think it was going to be like this." It's impossible, I think, to completely 100% stick to what you read. Then it's not original.

Hopefully we can keep an essence of that Hank Henshaw but make him very fresh, very new, and I'm certainly going to embody a lot of that essence. In the comic books, he's very revengeful and has a deep, deep loathing for Superman. I'm hoping to bring elements of that in, but if I can keep it original and still bring the Hank Henshaw fans with me, I think I will have succeeded in doing my job.

Too bubble gummy/teenie bopper-ish. Perhaps if it were Super Woman, but I reckon target audience isn't the 40 somethings that have been waiting years for the media to bring their heroes to life.

Also, Alley McBeal is also way over the top self-absorbed.

Edited by Spidey-fan73

Good, solid first episode. Different and not as formulaic as Flash or Arrow. ^^

Exactly!

I think it's awesome, also, that the lead for this show is female; gives young girls everywhere a hero to associate with and look up to. Benoist is will suited for the role.