• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SUPERGIRL official TV show thread
3 3

2,562 posts in this topic

I forgot - in the DC universe, glasses are as good as a full-facemask.

:D

I think she's pretty - and really into the role.

I'd give her some slack.

:o

I never said she wasn't - I really like her in this role! I was just saying, as far as how Clark Kent gets away with not being recognized as Superman, and now Kara is doing it too.

:)

Glad you're back to your old name - great handle!

I'm sure I don't know what you are talking about... but thanks!

;)

-slym

Does anybody know if it's gonna stream? I didn't see a page for it on Hulu.

CBS has its own $5.95/month streaming service so I don;t see it being on Hulu anytime soon, although Hulu does have a page for the show and links you to CBS.

CBS also has free viewing but not sure how many eps Supergirl will have there before you have to subscribe. To watch the pilot streaming on CBS go to:

http://www.cbs.com/shows/supergirl/video/92C4EB54-8372-A474-3F03-8CA1385134F3/supergirl-pilot/

The above link is via the free www.cbs.com site. No idea if it will continue there for free though.

Ahh. Thanks.

I guess I'll just wait a year til the whole season pops up somewhere. I generally won't bother if it's not on Hulu, Prime or Netflix.

I forgot - in the DC universe, glasses are as good as a full-facemask.

:D

I think she's pretty - and really into the role.

I'd give her some slack.

:o

I never said she wasn't - I really like her in this role! I was just saying, as far as how Clark Kent gets away with not being recognized as Superman, and now Kara is doing it too.

:)

Glad you're back to your old name - great handle!

I'm sure I don't know what you are talking about... but thanks!

;)

-slym

"slym2none to Squall_Leonhart - Name Change" hm

(shrug)

Does anybody know if it's gonna stream? I didn't see a page for it on Hulu.

CBS has its own $5.95/month streaming service so I don;t see it being on Hulu anytime soon, although Hulu does have a page for the show and links you to CBS.

CBS also has free viewing but not sure how many eps Supergirl will have there before you have to subscribe. To watch the pilot streaming on CBS go to:

http://www.cbs.com/shows/supergirl/video/92C4EB54-8372-A474-3F03-8CA1385134F3/supergirl-pilot/

The above link is via the free www.cbs.com site. No idea if it will continue there for free though.

Ahh. Thanks.

I guess I'll just wait a year til the whole season pops up somewhere. I generally won't bother if it's not on Hulu, Prime or Netflix.

Those are my preferred venues but I do have a mini-desktop connected via HDMI to my TV and use a wireless keyboard/touchpad for when I need to stream things the Roku won't access. Works quite well.

Can either Superman or Supergirl get drunk?

I honestly don't know if alcohol effects them...

:blush:

-slym

It doesn't effect them.

e737383700dbaf6e9629a7ae7cf85250.302x347x39.gif

lol

That was Supe's drinking binge under the influence of "Red" Kryptonite... Doesn't count ;)

Alcohol doesn't effect them when there's no Kryptonite around.

So bored with these Superhero TV shows already. Helen Slater is aging well (she was such a fox back in the 80's) but Dean Cain is looking a little rough these days.

I don't know. My wife freaked out when Dean Cain showed on the screen. Apparently he still looks good to the Ladies.

Very good;)

So bored with these Superhero TV shows already. Helen Slater is aging well (she was such a fox back in the 80's) but Dean Cain is looking a little rough these days.

I don't know. My wife freaked out when Dean Cain showed on the screen. Apparently he still looks good to the Ladies.

Very good;)

I was watching the show in bed last night, my wife (who normally doesn't pay attention to my comic shows) was next to me. She pipes up, "ohh, Dean Cain", and starts watching. After a few minutes, I said, "He's not a pivotal character in the show."

She rolled over and went back to sleep. :eyeroll:

.... probably dreaming of Dean Cain. :cry:

I enjoyed it very much. My wife even watched most of it, but my daughter was not interested.

I really enjoyed the Cameos by Dean and Helen. too bad they are only scheduled for the one episode. i had to stop the DVR and go back to show her Dean. While he looks OK, he really has not aged well.

I also got choked up a bit when Kara's first public act was to save a plane. I certainly remembered that at least in one iteration Kal's first public act was the same. I even commented that to my wife at the time, several minutes prior to Jimmy making the same observation. .

Speaking of Jimmy, I was not thrilled with the choice. How can he not be a REDHEAD? And a 6'3" Model? Jimmy was lucky to have a date

i had to stop the DVR and go back to show her Dean. While he looks OK, he really has not aged well.

I also got choked up a bit when Kara's first public act was to save a plane. I certainly remembered that at least in one iteration Kal's first public act was the same.

On Dean Cain, I don't think it's whether he's aged well but about him having gotten chunky.

And on the airplane rescue reference by Him being his first public act, I noticed that as well, but wasn't it a helicopter that He saved? hm

Watched in via On Demand last night and... I enjoyed it! This was unexpected. I wasn't looking forward to it, didn't really care that they were doing a Supergirl show, but it was well done. I like the actress, the -script, and the action sequences. This is a family show and I appreciate it for that.

I will be watching again.

Got around to watching the premiere last night...

I thought it was okay, reasonably good pacing. Biggest standout complaint for me was the fact that the entire cast is incapable of saying "Superman", which I assume is some bizarre licensing issue. It's always "He" or "Him" or some other vague reference... It got old in just an hour, I really hope that's not going to continue for the life of the show.

I enjoyed it very much. My wife even watched most of it, but my daughter was not interested.

I really enjoyed the Cameos by Dean and Helen. too bad they are only scheduled for the one episode. i had to stop the DVR and go back to show her Dean. While he looks OK, he really has not aged well.

I also got choked up a bit when Kara's first public act was to save a plane. I certainly remembered that at least in one iteration Kal's first public act was the same. I even commented that to my wife at the time, several minutes prior to Jimmy making the same observation. .

Speaking of Jimmy, I was not thrilled with the choice. How can he not be a REDHEAD? And a 6'3" Model? Jimmy was lucky to have a date

You know I was not happy about Jimmy not being a redhead, but I LOVE the guy who plays him...and I love the way he's doing the character (as James:) . I never really liked "Jimmy" and I've always been a DC fan.

I liked Mehcad Brooks in Necesarry Roughness, he had a certain charm, and it's just tripled here. I think that other guy, the one who wanted to date her, will be the Jimmy equivalent. Meanwhile, Brooks is very cool and gorgeous.

So I got over the redhead thing...it's just a TV show, it's not REALLY a comic;) My friend said they just should have given him another name...and I agree, but these are not comic book lovers, they are producing a different form of entertainment and it works for me.

Is it all high drama? nope...will it win an Emmy...No...but it's wonderfully distracting.

It was OK. It had more of a Lois & Clark cheese factor to it instead of the infectiously fun Flash type cheese factor, but it was OK nonetheless. I'll give it a few more episodes. I mean, at the very least, it's about 37 steps better than Gotham.