• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SUPERGIRL official TV show thread
3 3

2,562 posts in this topic

Superman makes a very brief appearance again.

:whee:

Man, that's one gnarly looking Rosser :eek:

I guess we may never see Supes face. Maybe they don't want to cast someone other than Henry Cavill in the role (shrug) They could always cast Brandon Routh... oh wait, I hear he's got a small part in another show ;)

Superman makes a very brief appearance again.

:whee:

Man, that's one gnarly looking Rosser :eek:

I guess we may never see Supes face. Maybe they don't want to cast someone other than Henry Cavill in the role (shrug) They could always cast Brandon Routh... oh wait, I hear he's got a small part in another show ;)

Sadly, what I want to know is -- will His shorts/trunks be red? In that clip, there was a convenient shadow.

I saw the first episode this weekend and was hoping for a show I could show my daughter.

Overall, the episode was a disappointment. There was not enough action. My girl would watch 5 mins of this and then ask to watch a cartoon. I'm sorry but when she's outing herself to her friend, I am not going to explain to my girl why he thought she was coming out as a lesbian.

She's freaking Supergirl. As a strong girl archetype I don't expect her to take anything from her corporate boss Cat Grant, or US know-it-all Hank Henshaw. Sorry but when you have those kinds of superpowers, you are top of the food chain.

Yet another superhero whose identity is outed in the pilot episode, to no less than 3 people. Ok, Jimmy is now a brother. Seriously? Does this need explaining how bizarre this transformation is? If you wanted a black male character then just give him a new name instead of re-associating the character we have known for years?

Supergirl is sweet but not all that pretty. Slater has to make an appearance just because she played the character once. Phantom Zone criminals again. Complete lack of vision in this series from the beginning. I might try episode two, but I've got more Agent Carter and Gotham episodes to watch first.

SO what was in the show that you thought was not appropriate for your daughter?

How old is daughter anyway?

This show seems far more presentable to a child than any of the other Super Hero shows currently available

I might try episode two...

Do (thumbs u It's very good and I think you'll find it better than the pilot. I have to say though, the Rosser's face might be a little too "Grimm" for your daughter.

I like this show & think they're doing a fine job on it. Benoist was a perfect choice to lead this show. So far I'm enjoying it more than Arrow, Flash or Gotham. Look forward to the next episode.

Well she`s only five. Too young to start explaining sexual orientation.

Not too young to learn new words, though.

Thespian = an actor or actress

Sexual orientation question successfully side-stepped.

Did I miss an episode? Where did this come up? Yes, she's a 20something who goes out on dates with boys? Is her sister not?

Anyway, she's adorable. Of course, she's basically playing the same character she played on Glee, but with super powers, but whatever.

My 4 year old kept on yelling "where's superman!?? i want superman!"

sexist!

my 10 year old was digging supergirl.

as for whether the violence is too much for the 4 year old, i give up. by the time i come home he has been subjected to an hour or two of whatever his older brother has forced him to watch, which is often worse than this. i just don't have it in me to lock the TV to keep it on sesame street or whatever. that will only kick in if the 10 year old isn't finishing his homework before i get home.

i am frigging shocked at how many second and third tier DC villians the 4 year old knows. solomon grundy and clayface are his favorites. but he recognized black manta, cheetah, mr, freeze, etc.

Remember, we grew up watching the Three Stoogies hit ech other with hammers, run saws along the tops of their heads, pull there noses with pliers, ect. Just because we watched this doesn't mean we ran outside and did it. Kids can separate TV from reality. They'll be just fine.