• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SUPERGIRL official TV show thread
3 3

2,562 posts in this topic

ummm DVR!

lol I knew someone would say that (thumbs u

Problem is I'm still using VHS... :(

;)

go into the light..... lol

Yes... I can see the light... it's all... rays of blue! :o

lol

And someone kidded me for saying I still buy DVD's.

:ohnoez:

DVD snicker.gif

;)

Since it's not available until May, and the (13 episode) season 1 will be long over by then, do you think that this means they are pretty confident in it being successful/getting a second season? hm Wouldn't make much sense to create a statue based on a tv show/actress that they felt was going to flop. Or is that overanalyzing it? lol

lol

Since we don't have access to anything other than the pilot, nor the B reels to see how this show will play out, it is difficult to say.

But like I have noted before, I really liked the pilot. It was nothing super-fantastic. But it had all the right pistons pumping on the comic book engine to drive down a solid road.

:wishluck:

I watched the pilot this past weekend. I thought the casting overall was very good, especially Melissa Benoist, shs's adorable as Kara and Mehcad Brooks was very charming as "James" Olsen. I think the biggest obstacle for this show will be that it's home network is CBS and falling into the villain of the week trap. Oh and

the fact that DC's corporate lawyers don't really allow them to use the "S" word. Superman was always referred to as "my cousin", "he/him", "the big guy", etc. It got to the point that it was annoyingly noticeable

I watched the pilot this past weekend. I thought the casting overall was very good, especially Melissa Benoist, shs's adorable as Kara and Mehcad Brooks was very charming as "James" Olsen. I think the biggest obstacle for this show will be that it's home network is CBS and falling into the villain of the week trap. Oh and

the fact that DC's corporate lawyers don't really allow them to use the "S" word. Superman was always referred to as "my cousin", "he/him", "the big guy", etc. It got to the point that it was annoyingly noticeable

That was a little distracting about the 'cousin' references. But just briefly. If they keep doing it, it is going to become a sore spot for the show.

I won an iPad at work, and downloaded the Verizon app. She is on TV right now doing an interview. The audience loudly cheered when she came out. It was great to see a response like that.

Benoist, EPs Open Up on "Supergirl's" Villains, the Mystery Around Her Origin & More

"We always have a traditional big bad for the season, the sort of uber villain who is setting the plan in motion," Kreisberg explained. "Just like with the other shows, there will also be villains of the week… the pilot sort of sets up the idea there was an alien prison from Krypton that crash landed on earth and all of the prisoners escaped. We're going to be meeting some of those alien villains."

"There will also be some human villains," he added. "We've announced that the Toyman is going to be appearing on the show. Additionally, we have some major Kryptonian villains who are going to be big bads of this season."

Image And Synopsis For SUPERGIRL Season 1, Episode 3: "Fight Or Flight"

"Fight or Flight” – Supergirl’s powers are tested when Reactron, one of Superman’s formidable enemies, arrives in National City and targets the young hero. Also, Cat plans to run an exposé on Supergirl, on SUPERGIRL, Monday, Nov. 9 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Peter Facinelli guest stars as tech entrepreneur Maxwell Lord.

s6dWDui.jpg

Maxwell Lord?!

:o

Looks like the WB Water Tower has been superherofied!

Warner Brothers is proud of its fall super hero programming this year! So proud, they've put them on their water tower!

The famous water tower at Warner Brothers Studios has been conquered by super heroes. Arrow, The Flash, Supergirl, and Gotham have each claimed a side of the tower with massive billboards showing off each series.

ZfhXTDi.jpg

kT7JpDc.jpg

:whee:

Supergirl Episode 2: Stronger Together Photos Released

CBS has released new images from the second episode of Supergirl, titled “Stronger Together.”

In “Stronger Together,” When Kara’s attempts to help National City don’t go according to plan, she must put aside the doubts that she – and the city’s media – has about her abilities in order to capture an escapee from the Kryptonian prison, Fort Rozz. Also, Cat pressures James to use his connection to Superman to get her an interview with Supergirl.

106807-d0356b-156367.jpg

106807-d0600b-156364.jpg

SUPERGIRL Episode 3 Stills See 'Lucy Lane' Arrive In National City

"Fight or Flight" - Supergirl's powers are tested when Reactron, one of Superman's formidable enemies, arrives in National City and targets the young hero. Also, Cat plans to run an exposé on Supergirl, on SUPERGIRL, Monday, Nov. 9 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Peter Facinelli guest stars as tech entrepreneur Maxwell Lord.

106907-D0119bc-420b1.jpg

106883-D0217b-be5ff.jpg