• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SUPERGIRL official TV show thread
3 3

2,562 posts in this topic

impatient-smiley-emoticon-1.gif

10 hours...

Hang in there. We'll get you through this temporary crisis.

140.gif

lol

Thanks! Watching US shows in the UK is like being the last kid in the street to find out the ice cream van has arrived...

Isn't that Chiana from Farscape?

;)

I loved Farscape.

chiana.jpg

Chiana I found a little strange at times. Okay, many times.

lol

Me too... to both!

Chiana was strange but very likable lol

I was initially sceptical about Farscape, passing it off as "Buck Rogers with Muppets", however it quickly developed into a great show. I was relieved when they finished it with The Peacekeeper Wars.

John Crichton was a great character... a true Earth hero. And Scorpius... now there was a real villain!

John Crichton was a great character... a true Earth hero. And Scorpius... now there was a real villain!

I picked up all the Babylon 5 seasons last year. I am very tempted to go after Farscape.

:whee:

I picked up all the Babylon 5 seasons last year. I am very tempted to go after Farscape.

:whee:

Go for it! I've got the original DVD collection* and it's great to watch even 15 years later. The Blu-Ray box set is available at sale prices (thumbs u Very tempted to upgrade...

*Fortunately I didn't buy the series on VHS like I did with another show that was on at the same time... you can't even give that stuff away these days :frustrated:

Go for it! I've got the original DVD collection* and it's great to watch even 15 years later. The Blu-Ray box set is available at sale prices (thumbs u Very tempted to upgrade...

*Fortunately I didn't buy the series on VHS like I did with another show that was on at the same time... you can't even give that stuff away these days :frustrated:

I'm not too much of tech guy, but I always felt since a lot of those shows were originally shot with standard definition effects, those scenes look somewhat fakey with all the edge enhancement. Shows like Firefly did this and if I believe Star Trek: The Next Generation shot it's entire show in SD. To me when they do this, it looks like the Krypton scenes in Supergirl's pilot. Stay with the dvd set in my opinion.

I still haven't watched episode 2, myself. Tomorrow night, before Last Man Standing or something.

I'm not too much of tech guy, but I always felt since a lot of those shows were originally shot with standard definition effects, those scenes look somewhat fakey with all the edge enhancement. Shows like Firefly did this and if I believe Star Trek: The Next Generation shot it's entire show in SD. To me when they do this, it looks like the Krypton scenes in Supergirl's pilot. Stay with the dvd set in my opinion.

I still haven't watched episode 2, myself. Tomorrow night, before Last Man Standing or something.

Thanks. I shall bear that in mind.

Last_man_standing_ver2.jpg

Great movie (thumbs u

;)

Who is the biggest fan of Supergirl? It looks like Heritage is auctioning the highest graded 1st appearance.

xcgsTMb.jpg

:o

With cream even.

:ohnoez:

hm

That Farscape box set will have to wait ;)

I somehow forgot to DVR Episode 2.

Are they re-running it on TV?

If you live in the UK, it's repeated Saturday at 5pm on Sky 1.

It was a good episode. I really enjoyed it. The storyline's coming along nicely, the editing's smoother and the characters are developing. A few more fighting moves, an attempt to save an exploding H202 factory and everything will be just perfect (thumbs u

;)

I believe you can get all of the recent TV shows from the major channels free through Video on Demand.

The good thing is that virtually all of the ads are deleted as it runs for only 45 or 46 minutes versus the standard 1 hour time frame with all of the ads.

I believe you can get all of the recent TV shows from the major channels free through Video on Demand.

The good thing is that virtually all of the ads are deleted as it runs for only 45 or 46 minutes versus the standard 1 hour time frame with all of the ads.

Thank you, Batman and lou_fine! Much appreciated. :)