• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SUPERGIRL official TV show thread
3 3

2,562 posts in this topic

8 M or more viewers is quite the impressive showing (I think Constantine was averaging 2-3 M). But on a big network, and with where it started out, that may get some excited.

Let's hope small screen executives don't have any NBC knee-jerk reaction.

8 M or more viewers is quite the impressive showing (I think Constantine was averaging 2-3 M). But on a big network, and with where it started out, that may get some excited.

Let's hope small screen executives don't have any NBC knee-jerk reaction.

Hopefully :wishluck: So far it's been a great show... in my "3 episodes in" opinion.

"CBS has switched up this week’s episodes of “Supergirl” and “NCIS: LA” in the wake of Friday’s terrorist attacks in Paris because of plotlines that mirror the real-world violence."

CBS Shuffles Episodes of 'Supergirl' Following Paris Attacks

Certainly understandable, considering Episode 4 was supposed to be about Supergirl saving the city from a series of bombings, but definitely weird switching the order of episodes! I guess it won't mess with the continuity, and I've been looking forward to Episode 5 (the one with Livewire, which will be shown tomorrow instead of Episode 4), so should be interesting.

I haven't been reading this thread because I got left behind watching the episodes, so I don't know if this has been discussed already, BUT - I just watched episode two, and it seems that now the show has no problem saying the name "Superman", whereas in the first show, they danced around that name as best they could without ever saying it.

Any reasons that we now know of???

I will get to watching Ep3 tonight...

:)

-slym

I'm behind on this series anyway. I still have episodes 2-3 to watch. I like the show, but it didn't feel too important to keep up with. But right now with Paris, it's a somber reminder how ridiculous superheroes really are in the real world when there is so many real heroes out there that risk their lives that go unnoticed. This is probably what happened with Vietnam TV coverage and the Batman TV show in the 60's. It isn't speculation that is going to kill the Hollywood superhero trend, it's the reality of the world we live in. I come on here and I could care less about updates on an Aquaman Movie thread.

OK rantrant over

I'll catch up when I can.

For others, superheroes (and fiction in general) are also great ways to take a temporary escape from the horrors of the real world.
I know, but I could never get away from current event tragedies by watching a guy in tight rubber or Riggs & Murtaugh save the day. When something bad happens, like Boston, a seriousness tends to overwhelm the proceedings of say Age of Ultron or B vs. Superman . Semi-popcorn movies with a voice like Dirty Harry or The Dark Knight, that also explore criminal politics & themes, do eventually help me heal better to watch these kinds of movies again. But, there's way too many cash grabs coming down the pipeline to be all thoughtful about the violence they reap for our "entertainment".

I haven't been reading this thread because I got left behind watching the episodes, so I don't know if this has been discussed already, BUT - I just watched episode two, and it seems that now the show has no problem saying the name "Superman", whereas in the first show, they danced around that name as best they could without ever saying it.

Yes...? No...?

:shrug:

-slym

Yes...? No...?

-slym

They leaked the pilot episode about six months before it aired on tv, and there was a ton of complaining about how they were afraid to say "Superman" -- so I think they overcompensated when they saw the fan's feedback to the pilot and wrote episode two. It's kind of funny how we went from "they don't mention Superman enough" to "they say 'Superman' too much!" lol

supergirl-0107-17-d0400bc-159133.jpg

Love this pic (thumbs u

+1000 :luhv:

Funny how it was just this past Summer that there was a bunch of moaning and groaning about her costume and the pilot. I love how this show generally follows the upbeat mood of the first two Chris Reeves films. And that's why my kids love watching Supergirl and to a lesser degree The Flash. Comics for kids are a thing of the past, but it's nice to see two comic book TV shows that are kid friendly and appeal to adults and kids alike (instead of R-rated comic book Tv shows). Last night I went up to my teen daughter's room to check in on her and she was watching the end of episode 3 where Kara and cousin Clark are texting. :cloud9:

Yes...? No...?

They leaked the pilot episode about six months before it aired on tv, and there was a ton of complaining about how they were afraid to say "Superman" -- so I think they overcompensated when they saw the fan's feedback to the pilot and wrote episode two. It's kind of funny how we went from "they don't mention Superman enough" to "they say 'Superman' too much!" lol

Thankee-sai!

:)

-slym

Supergirl's Andrew Kreisberg Teases A Shout-Out to the Helen Slater Movie

During a recent conversation with ComicBook.com, the full text of which will run tomorrow, executive producer Andrew Kreisberg teased that fans of the Supergirl movie will be rewarded for close attention to the series in an episode coming up soon.

"We're always incredibly conscious of what's come before us. Between Greg and I and now Ali, we consider ourselves blessed that we get to be the stewards for this leg of these characters' journeys. We don't feel a sense of proprietariness to these characters; we know we have them on loan," Kreisberg told ComicBook.com. "Having nods to the past -- casting John Wesley Shipp on The Flash and having Amanda Pays on and really even having Matt Ryan on Arrow is always paying back what's come before. So having Helen Slater and having Dean Cain -- because honestly that Supergirl movie obviously has its many flaws but when I was a kid, I didn't realize those flaws as much and I used to watch it all the time. I watched Lois and Clark. Having a sense of history I think has been part of our success. I think it's said to the fans out there that we are fans, and we really are. There's a couple of shout-outs to the Supergirl movie coming up that I think the fans are going to be excited about."