• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SUPERGIRL official TV show thread
3 3

2,562 posts in this topic

Great episode tonight. This is how a superhero show should be done. My kids love it.

I liked it too!

Having Superman appear, even briefly, and then later chatting with her was at least the beginning of what you hope will lead to a later larger appearance.

Did Maxwell Lord hire Reactron?

Well, if you'll recall, Maxwell Lord has been known to stage supervillain attacks to push his agenda. He got Booster Gold into the Justice League by hiring the Royal Flush Gang and targeting his OWN TEAM, then setting Booster up to swoop in and save the day.

While under the influence of a computer that used New Gods technology, Lord set up a disturbed would-be terrorist as a villain for the League to defeat, resulting in the man's death.

This makes last night's episode even more interesting, as it means Lord was never in danger. He just needed to prove super-baddies can be a threat even more because superheroes fighting them leads to even more destruction.

Ok, not sure if anyone else noticed it, but why is the secret lair "The Actuaries Room"?

Being an actual actuary I certainly noticed this, but could not figure out why there would be an actuary at media outlet.

Most actuaries work in Insurance, either Life, Health, or property/casualty.

Many of us , myself included, work in Pension plans.

The mathematical and finance training can be useful in many areas like gambling, but still have trouble figuring out what use in CatCo.

Of course even if there was one used why would the office be way out of the way , and when the last occupant left why were they not replaced?

Sorry, just had to pose the question

Ok, not sure if anyone else noticed it, but why is the secret lair "The Actuaries Room"?

Being an actual actuary I certainly noticed this, but could not figure out why there would be an actuary at media outlet.

Most actuaries work in Insurance, either Life, Health, or property/casualty.

Many of us , myself included, work in Pension plans.

The mathematical and finance training can be useful in many areas like gambling, but still have trouble figuring out what use in CatCo.

Of course even if there was one used why would the office be way out of the way , and when the last occupant left why were they not replaced?

Sorry, just had to pose the question

The episode answered some of that. That particular office was where the previous occupant actually died at his desk. Since that event, no one wanted to use that office.

Not in the episode, I got the impression that the other floors of the building are used for other businesses. It doesn't take thousands of people to put out a newspaper.

Not in the episode, I got the impression that the other floors of the building are used for other businesses. It doesn't take thousands of people to put out a newspaper.

The Wall Street Journal has a global news staff of more than 2,000 journalists in 85 news bureaus across 51 countries...

The NY Times has over 3500 employees

:baiting:

Edited by Thawk

The Wall Street Journal has a global news staff of more than 2,000 journalists in 85 news bureaus across 51 countries...

The NY Times has over 3500 employees

:baiting:

How large is their largest building, and are there any employees of other businesses in the same building? :baiting:

Episode 6 we get to see if that Red Tornado design works or not.

New Look At SUPERGIRL's 'Red Tornado' Along With Description For Episode 6

Personal and professional stress get the better of Kara when she goes too far during a training exercise against Red Tornado, a military cyborg commissioned by Lucy Lane’s father, General Sam Lane. Also, Cat’s tough exterior is shaken by a visit from her judgmental mother, Katherine, and Alex enlists Winn to look into her father’s mysterious death, on SUPERGIRL, Monday, Nov. 30 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET) on the CBS Television Network. Guest stars include Iddo Goldberg as Red Tornado and its creator, Dr. Morrow; Joan Juliet Buck as Katherine Grant, Cat’s mother; and Glenn Morshower as General Sam Lane, Lucy’s father.

supergirlep6.png