• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SUPERGIRL official TV show thread
3 3

2,562 posts in this topic

supergirl-0107-17-d0101b-159130.jpg

Red Tornado looks terrible! He looks like something from the Power Rangers show.

It looks like he's ready to go do some landscaping around the yard. :eyeroll:

Watch out!!! It's Red Landscapo coming to get ya gal!! LMAO...

supergirl-0107-17-d0101b-159130.jpg

Red Tornado looks terrible! He looks like something from the Power Rangers show.

It looks like he's ready to go do some landscaping around the yard. :eyeroll:

Watch out!!! It's Red Landscapo coming to get ya gal!! LMAO...

lol

But how did landscaping come into this? Was someone pruning their rose bushes with their extra thick gloves recently to avoid the thorns, in addition to wearing their super-protect bug-proof helmet with face netting? Better that than the wounds one can experience with such gardening.

mnac0Dy.png

Supergirl, save us!

I haven't been reading this thread because I got left behind watching the episodes, so I don't know if this has been discussed already, BUT - I just watched episode two, and it seems that now the show has no problem saying the name "Superman", whereas in the first show, they danced around that name as best they could without ever saying it.

Any reasons that we now know of???

Yes...? No...?

:shrug:

-slym

They leaked the pilot episode about six months before it aired on tv, and there was a ton of complaining about how they were afraid to say "Superman" -- so I think they overcompensated when they saw the fan's feedback to the pilot and wrote episode two. It's kind of funny how we went from "they don't mention Superman enough" to "they say 'Superman' too much!" lol

I think they were trying to be "arty" by not saying "Superman". Plus by not mentioning his name, it would be easier not to feature Superman as a supporting character. I wonder if he'll remain as blurry cameos throughout the series...?

supergirl-0107-17-d0400bc-159133.jpg

Love this pic (thumbs u

+1000 :luhv:

Funny how it was just this past Summer that there was a bunch of moaning and groaning about her costume and the pilot. I love how this show generally follows the upbeat mood of the first two Chris Reeves films. And that's why my kids love watching Supergirl and to a lesser degree The Flash. Comics for kids are a thing of the past, but it's nice to see two comic book TV shows that are kid friendly and appeal to adults and kids alike (instead of R-rated comic book Tv shows). Last night I went up to my teen daughter's room to check in on her and she was watching the end of episode 3 where Kara and cousin Clark are texting. :cloud9:

Who on Earth did that...? :whistle:

That "first look" photo wasn't very good.

Love this pic (thumbs u

Funny how it was just this past Summer that there was a bunch of moaning and groaning about her costume and the pilot. I love how this show generally follows the upbeat mood of the first two Chris Reeves films. And that's why my kids love watching Supergirl and to a lesser degree The Flash. Comics for kids are a thing of the past, but it's nice to see two comic book TV shows that are kid friendly and appeal to adults and kids alike (instead of R-rated comic book Tv shows). Last night I went up to my teen daughter's room to check in on her and she was watching the end of episode 3 where Kara and cousin Clark are texting. :cloud9:

I don't think I really was "moaning and groaning" myself as much expressing concerns. But I agree, the initial picture wasn't very promising for her look. If I haven't said this before, I love how her cape goes down her back, exposing her shoulders and arms. Makes her look tougher. Great design!

Love this pic (thumbs u

I don't think I really was "moaning and groaning" myself as much expressing concerns. But I agree, the initial picture wasn't very promising for her look. If I haven't said this before, I love how her cape goes down her back, exposing her shoulders and arms. Makes her look tougher. Great design!

That pic says it all... the costume works. They just need to hire a different promo photographer for the next new series (thumbs u

Love this pic (thumbs u

That pic says it all... the costume works. They just need to hire a different promo photographer for the next new series (thumbs u

(thumbs u

Livewire was 5X better than Jamie Fox's Electro from the ASM 2 movie. Seriously. The way she became livewire was so much more authentic than Fox falling in to a tub of water with radioactive electric eels.

agreed. I can not stress how much i HATED the vat of electric eels.

Love this pic (thumbs u

She sure ain't hard on the eyes :luhv:

Smallville Supergirl was better looking.

Gotta disagree. Smallville's Supergirl was made up to look like any of a thousand fashion models, pinups or presenters. Nothing unique or even special. You could find the look in hundreds of mags, commercials etc.

This new Supergirl, on the other hand, actually looks and feels like the real deal. She projects a sincerity and genuineness that is completely endearing and believable.

I also loved the way she said to Livewire

"Oh, shut up, you mean girl."

It reflected her personality perfectly.

This new Supergirl, on the other hand, actually looks and feels like the real deal. She projects a sincerity and genuineness that is completely endearing and believable.

I also loved the way she said to Livewire

"Oh, shut up, you mean girl."

It reflected her personality perfectly.

Well said. :applause: