• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SUPERGIRL official TV show thread
3 3

2,562 posts in this topic

What's really surprised me, is I'm really starting to like Cat Grant. She's one of my favorite characters. I couldn't stand her in the beginning...but last night

the

"She's my protege", and calling her Kara at the end

, just solidified it for me. She's really good. I used to look forward to the Blacklist and Grimm, maybe some guilty watching of Nashville, but this is absolutely my favorite show.

Calista Flockhart totally killed it in the Flash crossover! She's one of the main reasons to watch! And the writers aren't afraid to take shots at pop culture and even Calista herself with the Harrison Ford bit.

I really hope CBS is smart enough to renew it.

Well CBS is a very intimate partner with WB (who owns DC), as they own the CW (50/50), which is mostly DC comic book shows at this point. And both sides generally seem to be happy, as they all get renewed on CW. Enough people are watching Supergirl and it's reviewed well enough that I'm sure it will be fine.

Remember that Cat has seen Supergirl and Kara together when Kara had Jonn imitate herself.

That said, I think Cat knows Kara is Supergirl but supports her.

Cat should have her ex-husband make a cameo on the show and it be Harrison Ford.

Is there a writer lurking on the boards?!? It was over the phone, but still...

Well CBS is a very intimate partner with WB (who owns DC), as they own the CW (50/50), which is mostly DC comic book shows at this point. And both sides generally seem to be happy, as they all get renewed on CW. Enough people are watching Supergirl and it's reviewed well enough that I'm sure it will be fine.

With all that said, how many feel a move from CBS to CW could prove interesting?

Remember that Cat has seen Supergirl and Kara together when Kara had Jonn imitate herself.

Cat should have her ex-husband make a cameo on the show and it be Harrison Ford.

lol

:applause:

lol

:applause:

Is witty humor, and perhaps like minds think alike?

:)

I hope no one minds me putting my 5000th post here in my fav thread...

:whee:

Oh and to stay on topic...

Supergirl-JS-tvgm-812x522.jpg

Way to go, Bats!!!

+1

Thanks guys :) I promise... by my 10000th post, I will have contributed something useful to these boards ;)

Way to go, Bats!!!

+1

Thanks guys :) I promise... by my 10000th post, I will have contributed something useful to these boards ;)

I'll have a Frozen Appreciation Thread in Watercooler for you to contribute to by then. (thumbs u

Way to go, Bats!!!

+1

I'll have a Frozen Appreciation Thread in Watercooler for you to contribute to by then. (thumbs u

hm

hm

hm

hm

Ok, I'm in.

Now that was a good episode.

'Supergirl' Boss on Renewal Chances, Pod Mystery and Exploring Superman

To hear exec producer Ali Adler tell it, the decision to end the series with a cliffhanger was a conscious choice as she says the network remains interested in bringing back the Melissa Benoist drama for a second run.

What have you heard about your chances at getting a renewal for season two?

We all have to be positive. I think Les Moonves was speaking to someone and just candidly said, "All freshman series are returning,: and I hope he meant us. I think everyone at CBS wants this show to last and I think we're all working for that angle.

What lessons did you learn from season one?

For me, I'm very excited to explore the more human side of our alien Kara Zor-El and see how she operates now that she has come out in this grand way and feels comfortable with herself. What else can we learn from her as a woman? I'd say the same is true about Alex [Chyler Leigh] and J'onn J'onnz [David Harewood]. All these people, I would love to more richly unload their personal lives and seeing what they're doing when they're not working. What makes them tick as people, as individuals, and ultimately, a force that is a crime fighting unit.

Showrunners Greg Berlanti and Andrew Kreisberg have said that Lynda Carter will play the president next season. How big of a role are you planning?

It would be incredible to have her on the show, a true honor, but it depends on her schedule.

With season one in the books, how do you feel about introducing Superman? Is that still an option to explore at some point?

Right now, we're just telling Supergirl's story. We'll see where that takes us.

Keep it going!

:wishluck:

The last two episodes of the season were just so bad that I'm dropping the series. The dialogue was just so melodramatically cringe-worthy it's not funny. "I'm not...going to fight...my sister!" :facepalm: How many variants of that have they had recently? And could that broadcast speech by Supergirl to break the Myriad influence have been any sappier? And Supergirl and her sister having that long, languorous, loving sisterly dialogue as the seconds tick down to the amplified Myriad killing everyone on earth - uh, hello, really? And then she lifts the 100 million tons (!!) of Ft. Rozz, flies it into space, her sister zips off in SG's pod (??) and saves her and she wakes up like nothing happened, all in like 30 seconds. I mean, if you take off your fanboy/fangirl hats, this episode was objectively TERRIBLE.

Non is the perfect name for that villain - he's been a total non-factor this season. Zero charisma, zero menace, with a costume that looks worse than what a dedicated cosplayer could put together in a day. Laura Vandervoort as Indigo - well, I guess we now know the reason why she hasn't made it bigger as an actress: she can't act her way out of a paper bag.

More will-they, won't they with Jimmy Olsen - they just had to fit that in yet again in the finale, before resolving it. zzz

I liked the earlier episodes and some of the others have been good (like the Flash episode), but the last two episodes of the season were just so, so, so, so, so bad that it just hammered home all of the weaknesses of the series for me. The series felt fresh early on, but has just become formulaic with the same few sub-plots getting recycled over and over and over and over and over and over and the dialogue getting more and more and more and more and more soapy/melodramatic/cringe-worthy of late. I've seen enough.

Streaky

That's my guess too. (thumbs u

It is likely Streaky.

I am hoping it will be Kara Zor-El from the alternate universe: aka Powergirl but that would take away from Supergirl's further development.

Streaky

That's my guess too. (thumbs u

It is likely Streaky.

I am hoping it will be Kara Zor-El from the alternate universe: aka Powergirl but that would take away from Supergirl's further development.

Streaky over Power Girl, any day! I really want to see that cat's heat vision (thumbs u

The last two episodes of the season were just so bad that I'm dropping the series. The dialogue was just so melodramatically cringe-worthy it's not funny. "I'm not...going to fight...my sister!" :facepalm: How many variants of that have they had recently? And could that broadcast speech by Supergirl to break the Myriad influence have been any sappier? And Supergirl and her sister having that long, languorous, loving sisterly dialogue as the seconds tick down to the amplified Myriad killing everyone on earth - uh, hello, really? And then she lifts the 100 million tons of Ft. Rozz, flies it into space, her sister zips off in SG's pod (??) and saves her and she wakes up like nothing happened, all in like 30 seconds. I mean, if you take off your fanboy/fangirl hats, this episode was objectively TERRIBLE.

Non is the perfect name for that villain - he's been a total non-factor this season. Zero charisma, zero menace, with a costume that looks worse than what a dedicated cosplayer could put together in a day. Laura Vandervoort as Indigo - well, I guess we now know the reason why she hasn't made it bigger as an actress: she can't act her way out of a paper bag.

More will-they, won't they with Jimmy Olsen - they just had to fit that in yet again in the finale, before resolving it. zzz

I liked the earlier episodes and some of the others have been good (like the Flash), but the last two episodes of the season were just so, so, so, so, so bad that it just hammered home all of the weaknesses of the series for me. I feel like the series felt fresh early on, but has just become formulaic with the same few sub-plots getting recycled over and over and over and over and over and over and the dialogue getting more and more soapy/melodramatic/cringe-worthy of late. I've seen enough.

I'm not totally out on it, but I generally agree with what you said about the last two eps. but on a bigger scale, I think NON was the worst part of this season, he just didn't make me care one way or another, not in the same way some of the other tv 'big bads' have on the other comic shows. I think it would have been 'better' if not a bit darker for Auntie to be almost redeemed then have NON killed, then Auntie be permananently twisted to the darkside while Kara keeps believing she can still change her back for good (but she can't and has to destroy her ultimately). But that's probably not the same show. This show is an innocuous cupcake for families to enjoy together, and I think it performs that job admirably well and gives plenty of nods to the fanboys. But everyonce in a while, we get reminded its not built for 'us' exclusively, or even primarily.