• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SUPERGIRL official TV show thread
3 3

2,562 posts in this topic

Reported to be "on set", not sure if this is between takes but I don't remember Kara wearing glasses hm

267B9DC100000578-2987437-Hard_at_work_Melissa_Benoist_was_spotted_shooting_on_the_Los_Ang-a-13_1425982484155.jpg

They're not going to do a "Clark" are they?

In one of the Modern Books she wears glasses and a wig. I think maybe she does the same deal in The Superman Animated Adventures too.

Still hot.

The Supergirl that Gary Frank drew had blonde hair while Supergirl but was a brunette when she was in her "civilian" guise.

hm

Also - why would anyone hold the coffee-tray that way? Looks like she is asking for a spill/accident. /suspension of disbelief

-slym

The Supergirl that Gary Frank drew had blonde hair while Supergirl but was a brunette when she was in her "civilian" guise.

hm

Also - why would anyone hold the coffee-tray that way? Looks like she is asking for a spill/accident. /suspension of disbelief

-slym

Not sure what you mean. That's exactly how I'd hold a coffee tray.

Reported to be "on set", not sure if this is between takes but I don't remember Kara wearing glasses hm

267B9DC100000578-2987437-Hard_at_work_Melissa_Benoist_was_spotted_shooting_on_the_Los_Ang-a-13_1425982484155.jpg

In one of the Modern Books she wears glasses and a wig. I think maybe she does the same deal in The Superman Animated Adventures too.

Still hot.

She did in the Animated Series and also experimented with the wig and glasses in "Secret Identities" drawn by Ian Churchill (a great issue). I was thinking more along the lines of is this going to be a permanent disguise in the series?

You know Clark... those glasses never fooled me ;)

That's a complex "wig and glasses" right there... Supergirl was the protoplasmic Matrix and the civilian form was Linda Danvers, with whom Matrix had merged. Later on in the series, after Matrix separates from Linda, Linda (a brunette) carries on as Supergirl wearing a blonde wig. A great series... if a little complicated at times.

Still hot.

She did in the Animated Series and also experimented with the wig and glasses in "Secret Identities" drawn by Ian Churchill (a great issue). I was thinking more along the lines of is this going to be a permanent disguise in the series?

You know Clark... those glasses never fooled me ;)

I know what you are talking about, but for myself, I think chicks are hot with glasses. Nowadays anybody could just get contacts to blend in, but the ones that don't show the old-fashioned-ness of wearing frames. It's a kind of sexy thing, to show a weakness and obstruct their beauty at the same time. OK, I'm rambling. But maybe the glasses are a subtle way for her to maintain her mortal Linda Danvers persona in her mind to further separate herself from the perfect Kara Zor-El when moving about with the rest of the muggles in the cast, kinda like Caradine said in "Kill Bill Vol 2". Not really a disguise to keep your identity a secret, but a boundary to keep your character in check. hm

OK, someone call me stupid. :ohnoez:

...why would anyone hold the coffee-tray that way? Looks like she is asking for a spill/accident. /suspension of disbelief

Phone in hand. Bag under one arm. National City Tribune under the other. Pastries resting precariously on the tray... There really is no margin for error, is there?

I know what you are talking about, but for myself, I think chicks are hot with glasses. Nowadays anybody could just get contacts to blend in, but the ones that don't show the old-fashioned-ness of wearing frames. It's a kind of sexy thing, to show a weakness and obstruct their beauty at the same time. OK, I'm rambling. But maybe the glasses are a subtle way for her to maintain her mortal Linda Danvers persona in her mind to further separate herself from the perfect Kara Zor-El when moving about with the rest of the muggles in the cast, kinda like Caradine said in "Kill Bill Vol 2". Not really a disguise to keep your identity a secret, but a boundary to keep your character in check. hm

OK, someone call me stupid. :ohnoez:

I have a sneaking suspicion you may have a thing for women with glasses ;)

That's an interesting theory you have there... however I think it's just the good old glasses = disguise routine.

...why would anyone hold the coffee-tray that way? Looks like she is asking for a spill/accident. /suspension of disbelief

Phone in hand. Bag under one arm. National City Tribune under the other. Pastries resting precariously on the tray... There really is no margin for error, is there?

SuperGirlBarID.jpg

"ARRGH! THE PASTRIES!"

It would appear the producers have opted for the tried and tested plain look. Poor Kara...

The inclusion of Toyman is quite interesting. This means we're either going to see some amazing technology in CGI... or the show overrun with stupid gadgets designed to kill Supergirl in a number of ridiculous ways hm Psst... producers. Don't watch Lois & Clark Seasons 3 & 4 for ideas ok? :gossip:

I'm not sure I can get used to the whole "Kara Danvers" thing...

It would appear the producers have opted for the tried and tested plain look. Poor Kara...

Everything about this show so far says "comfortable shoes".

They're probably going to have to either offend no one, or entertain anyone.

...I like it....and she's not too prissy..... looks like a gal who could slap the taste out of your mouth if you got out of line... GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

I think it was just a very dark image, for mood, a serious tine. heres a brightened up version of it. albeit with BLONDE hair! Cmon!

So that's what the picture would've looked like if the photographer had remembered the flashgun... ;)

Still needs to be blonder though...

Bats (Team Peroxide) ... Shameless swipe, I apologise...

:applause:

-slym