• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SUPERGIRL official TV show thread
3 3

2,562 posts in this topic

Supergirl.TV are reporting that the biological mother of Superman, 'Lara-Van El' will appear in the upcoming CBS pilot. The actress will appear in a few minutes in of the pilot where scenes on Krypton will be take place. Whether or not Superman will appear on the show is uncertain but the website is reporting that an infant version of Kal-El will be on the show.

Someone over at CBM has put the hyphen in the wrong place! It should be "Lara Van-El" not "Lara-Van El". I'm going to start a thread about this! :preach:

More seriously, I think it's quite cool they've used the New 52 name for Kal-El's mother... I like it! I'm guessing she's not going to have a big part in this series though...

supergirl62-amy-reeder.jpg

I found this today by accident... it's the unused cover for Supergirl (2005) #62 by Amy Reeder. It's fantastic! Thought I'd post it so it doesn't go unseen...

Great book!

I wish the seller a brisk sale. (thumbs u

Thoughts on the price?

For me, it wouldn't be respectful to discuss FMV's on open auctions, especially if the seller is a member on here too.

OOPS... my bad. Sorry bud :blush:

CCP9qeBWgAAwBxD.jpg

hm The costume looks better in normal lighting... We shall see in Autumn!

This should be a moderate hit. It will do better in the ratings then Constantine ever did.

Which means for clarification, even though Constantine was a good show we will find more people will watch Supergirl.

Any Batman and Superman related media always has a following.

They should give Batgirl her own show next if they want good ratings.

A safer bet than a show like Constantine.

This should be a moderate hit. It will do better in the ratings then Constantine ever did.

Which means for clarification, even though Constantine was a good show we will find more people will watch Supergirl.

(thumbs u

CCP9qeBWgAAwBxD.jpg

hm The costume looks better in normal lighting... We shall see in Autumn!

Young adult girls seriously bring in a lot of cabbage to programming aimed towards them. Look at The Hunger Games, Twilight, The Fault in our Stars, Divergent, etc. Add a dash of sexiness and the young guys will follow. Granted, on here we'll complain about the old CW level of casting here and there, but in the end it is better for the hobby in general. Because it's bringing in "new blood" to support the medium and they'll grow up as fans who might make their own mark as well whether in linework or celluloid.

Mellisa Benoist, trailblazer?

We shall see.

Oh, and a Batgirl TV show. (thumbs u

We'll immediately need a "Girls Nite Out" episode (Batman: The Animated Series) :cloud9: