• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Spider-Gwen - Jason Latour and Robbie Rodriguez

2,566 posts in this topic

I only used the phantom cover as an example because of the amount of pre-sales and where it sits in the market now. I guess it didn't hit the $75 I thought it did, my mistake. It wasn't a jab at it or anything, I always loved the cover and bought my copies around the 3rd sell out. Homage covers are a big part of my collection. And I still stand by my statement that a lot of the SG variants will drop to a point that I'm more comfortable buying the covers I want in my collection.

You're barely articulate.

As am I.

Sleep tight sweet insufficiently_thoughtful_person...

I can blame the whiskey

I never speculated on a book ever in my life. Until this variant of this book. It was just all that.

But if anyone got caught with a $75 raw S-G Phantom and are now bemoaning that they can't get more than $50 for it.... that's just odd.

The market for a raw was "NEVER" $75

Median pre-sale market was $19

Median current price is $23

WHY are your panties bunched?

I think you're mistaking me for the other guy.

I was making the same point you were.

Is there any possibility that Marvel, I mean Sony, are looking at this phenomenal popularity of Spider Gwen and devising a way to get her into the next Spider Man movie? Perhaps it will even be a Spider Verse related movie? What do you think?

In a word. No.

-J.

I agree. a few years down the line..if she's still relevant, then I'd say they might consider it. But movies are a very very large financial risk, so they tend to prefer established franchises that have demonstrated they have staying power.

Not a dig on the character, just my thoughts.

Sure. Huge risk. With a character blowing up, hundred of thousands of fans within little more than 6 months, cos players, millions of dollars spent on properties - an investment of a 100 mil on a failed comic line from the 90s is more promising

Both are stretches. :insane:

But some boardies on here have a pretty strong financial investment on this book. hm

I don't want to say anything about Valiant because I don't want to see another thread on it. lol

Same as Spider-Gwen some of you are just plain dreaming. In a few years maybe if its sustainable. A cartoon would be first I would think anyway.

I make great money from Spider-Gwen. This is the only modern book that I invest in without having to think that "it may not work if this doesnt get optioned". Period.

No other new character generated more money for comic book retailers in the past few years without having the option cloud above them.

Do I wanna see Spider Gwen in a movie? not necessarily

Would it make sense for Marvel/Sony to make a movie from this character now?

ABSOLUTELY

Your vested interest can partially skew any impartiality you might have when posting on this character. Surely you can see this.

I only used the phantom cover as an example because of the amount of pre-sales and where it sits in the market now. I guess it didn't hit the $75 I thought it did, my mistake. It wasn't a jab at it or anything, I always loved the cover and bought my copies around the 3rd sell out. Homage covers are a big part of my collection. And I still stand by my statement that a lot of the SG variants will drop to a point that I'm more comfortable buying the covers I want in my collection.

You're barely articulate.

As am I.

Sleep tight sweet insufficiently_thoughtful_person...

Lx4bnFI.png

It is a beautiful cover.

Is there any possibility that Marvel, I mean Sony, are looking at this phenomenal popularity of Spider Gwen and devising a way to get her into the next Spider Man movie? Perhaps it will even be a Spider Verse related movie? What do you think?

In a word. No.

-J.

I agree. a few years down the line..if she's still relevant, then I'd say they might consider it. But movies are a very very large financial risk, so they tend to prefer established franchises that have demonstrated they have staying power.

Sure. Huge risk. With a character blowing up, hundred of thousands of fans within little more than 6 months, cos players, millions of dollars spent on properties - an investment of a 100 mil on a failed comic line from the 90s is more promising

Sony just killed Gwen in the last movie. That'd be a tough one to explain away if they wanted to bring in S-G. Maybe they use a different actress, which would further confuse the average moviegoer. I'm also not clear who would own the movie rights, as I thought Sony had the rights to any Spider-man character or villain, and Gwen is clearly in that universe. S-G the character has to be too recent to count (we already know Marvel wouldn't innovate just to give ideas away), but if she's based on Gwen Stacy you're going through Sony. Silk would be the clearer choice to bring in a female, but, again, not sure Sony could use a recent creation.

In a word. No.

-J.

Both are stretches. :insane:

But some boardies on here have a pretty strong financial investment on this book. hm

I don't want to say anything about Valiant because I don't want to see another thread on it. lol

Same as Spider-Gwen some of you are just plain dreaming. In a few years maybe if its sustainable. A cartoon would be first I would think anyway.

I make great money from Spider-Gwen. This is the only modern book that I invest in without having to think that "it may not work if this doesnt get optioned". Period.

No other new character generated more money for comic book retailers in the past few years without having the option cloud above them.

Do I wanna see Spider Gwen in a movie? not necessarily

Would it make sense for Marvel/Sony to make a movie from this character now?

ABSOLUTELY

Your vested interest can partially skew any impartiality you might have when posting on this character. Surely you can see this.

No I cant

In a word. No.

-J.

Sony just killed Gwen in the last movie. That'd be a tough one to explain away if they wanted to bring in S-G. Maybe they use a different actress, which would further confuse the average moviegoer. I'm also not clear who would own the movie rights, as I thought Sony had the rights to any Spider-man character or villain, and Gwen is clearly in that universe. S-G the character has to be too recent to count (we already know Marvel wouldn't innovate just to give ideas away), but if she's based on Gwen Stacy you're going through Sony. Silk would be the clearer choice to bring in a female, but, again, not sure Sony could use a recent creation.

When did it ever stop Hollywood to make movies based on hype alone?

This is (for the most pasrt) a teenage comic based character - if Spider-Gwen showed up for 90 minutes swinging from buildings, slugging bad guys and banging on her drums - thats all the fans would care for.

I don't know why its hard for people to come to grips with her success???

I'm from Canada and we don't have any local retailers that does cgc'ing for customers. Nor there is any authorized cgc member to authenticate a signature. But the Calgary expo is coming up and I want Stan lee to sign my eosv#2 raw copy. Do you think I can sell it afterwards? Just by curiosity I totally appreciate my eosv#2 and Stan lee.

But I think people will just think it's a fake signature and all. Since there's no COA or cgc authorized witnesses .

I just want to see how this works out and what buyers will see. If they see me posting that I want to sell a signed raw copy of eosv by Stan lee

Any can give me some advice? Any candian members here?

Edited by Technomancer

I'm from Canada and we don't have any local retailers that does cgc'ing for customers. Nor there is any authorized cgc member to authenticate a signature. But the Calgary expo is coming up and I want Stan lee to sign my eosv#2 raw copy. Do you think I can sell it afterwards? Just by curiosity I totally appreciate my eosv#2 and Stan lee.

But I think people will just think it's a fake signature and all. Since there's no COA or cgc authorized witnesses .

I just want to see how this works out and what buyers will see. If they see me posting that I want to sell a signed raw copy of eosv by Stan lee

make sure to take a photo of him signing it

My advice to you is to never ask for advice from the jackals in moderns. 2c

There is a thread about this show in the events section, people who will be attending are posting there, ask questions there or in the sig forum.

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=8445549&fpart=1

My advice is get a book that Stan Lee was actually involved with, and have that signed.

PM sent WTTB and good luck :hi:

make sure to take a photo of him signing it

93935-198408-hank-pym_super.jpg