• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Spider-Gwen - Jason Latour and Robbie Rodriguez

2,566 posts in this topic

So really side tracking here, but is Deadpool vs. Hawkeye #0 the first appearance or first cameo of spider-Gwen? I don't like the cameo thing, but that's just me. Thoughts?

It's like the ms marvel kamala appearance. Marvel told the artists to put the characters there, so it's an appearance.

Yes, but my understanding is that's actually Kamala. Have we confirmed this is Gwen and not just a cosplayer?

So really side tracking here, but is Deadpool vs. Hawkeye #0 the first appearance or first cameo of spider-Gwen? I don't like the cameo thing, but that's just me. Thoughts?

It's like the ms marvel kamala appearance. Marvel told the artists to put the characters there, so it's an appearance.

Yes, but my understanding is that's actually Kamala. Have we confirmed this is Gwen and not just a cosplayer?

Theyre not from the same universe :gossip:

In my understanding of how Marvel directs artists on what to and what not to do. I am under the belief that Marvel directed the artist for Hawkeye Deadpool #0 to put Spider Gwen into the background, making it a cameo and NOT a "cosplyer" or whatever the other argument is.

How I look at it: If it starts selling regularly for $25+ it is. If it doesn't then it's not

In my understanding of how Marvel directs artists on what to and what not to do. I am under the belief that Marvel directed the artist for Hawkeye Deadpool #0 to put Spider Gwen into the background, making it a cameo and NOT a "cosplyer" or whatever the other argument is.

Appreciate the feedback fellas!

How I look at it: If it starts selling regularly for $25+ it is. If it doesn't then it's not

lol sad but true

Come on we are still really reaching here. Up until this last year this wouldn't have been in the discussion.

Come on we are still really reaching here. Up until this last year this wouldn't have been in the discussion.

my opinion on what Marvel does has changed since talking to Scott Hepburn about Kamala.

I don't have any Hawkeye Deadpool #0s or Edge of Universe 2's. Just giving my opinion. :hi:

EoSV #4 has to be the first Spider-Gwen, because Gwen Stacy is dead in the 616 universe, where the Halloween costume that looks like S-G is seen.

hm

-slym

This is actually a good point.

How would Gwen be present in the 616 universe during this time?

I still say, "Pass." when it comes to this book.

Others may end up proving me wrong, but eh. Not a book I want in the PC.

Yes she is dead in 616, but marvel bringing back characters isn't new. Also, I'm sure they could mess with continuity to make this happen. Maybe by putting her in That book leaves the back door open to bring her to the 616. I just find it very strange.

EoSV #4 has to be the first Spider-Gwen, because Gwen Stacy is dead in the 616 universe, where the Halloween costume that looks like S-G is seen.

hm

-slym

This is actually a good point.

How would Gwen be present in the 616 universe during this time?

I still say, "Pass." when it comes to this book.

Others may end up proving me wrong, but eh. Not a book I want in the PC.

A "real" fan would have both. Just in case. :baiting:lol

-J.

I can't find a EOSV #2 2nd Print for a reasonable price. Almost harder to find than the first print.

Lucked out found three copies yesterday plus Silk 1:25 and ASM 4 Variant. Good day and great show!

I read the comic yesterday. I think that maybe the hype got to me. Or the comic is all hype. I never read Edge of Spider-Verse #2. I didn't like the Peter as The Lizard twist. I might go back and find a reprint or read a full review. But this #1 issue was my first introduction to the Spider-Gwen character.

The comic was a quick read. I was expecting more. Someone here said that it feels like a "what if" story. I think that's true. It comes off as a female Spider-Man type character. It was a very average story with some fun moments of dialog.

The art was passable. But this is from someone that loves the old Romita Gwen artwork. And it's not comparable to that. I think the thing that got people into this was Gwen as a Spider character and that costume. The design is good. If it wasn't for that, this would be another boring variant on Spider-Man. And honestly I avoid as much as possible all the Spider-Man variants, clones, and whatever other offshoots out there. Spider-Woman was the best because she wasn't related to Peter and her powers are different.

Maybe if the universes are combined after Secret Wars the story will get better. I wasn't interested in reading the second issue after this one. It just didn't do enough with the character. It was only one comic but I've seen many first issues do a lot more. I don't want to have to read 4 or 6 issues to see if the story will get better.

Edited by GeneticNinja

Maybe if the universes are combined after Secret Wars the story will get better. I wasn't interested in reading the second issue after this one. It just didn't do enough with the character. It was only one comic but I've seen many first issues do a lot more. I don't want to have to read 4 or 6 issues to see if the story will get better.

I wouldn't mind a simpler Marvel Universe.