• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Spider-Gwen - Jason Latour and Robbie Rodriguez

2,566 posts in this topic

I didn't know that. Guess I should check into that. I get a modern 9.6 back and shed a tear. If I saw a 0.5 I may have just fell over and sent it back with a note that said "Umm April fools?"

Seriously!

I mean, who counts pages of fresh new moderns going straight to CGC?

Now I'm sweating bullets over my EOSV2 sitting in CGC right now! :eek:

A missing page drops it to a .5?!?!?

in Voldemort World

It's signed - a book with a missing page that goes into a SS label slab will get a 0.5 grade from CGC as well.

QFT.

Call it a "manufacturing error" if you like, but the book is incomplete. That's the bottom line. I'm sure the person who slabbed the book had no idea, and now they are trying to spin it as some sort of rare "variant". What a joke. I love this line from the item description: "It is not common that a Key book has an error."

Uhh...what? You mean that they normally only make errors on non-key books...? :screwy:

A missing page drops it to a .5?!?!?

in Voldemort World

It's signed - a book with a missing page that goes into a SS label slab will get a 0.5 grade from CGC as well.

QFT.

Call it a "manufacturing error" if you like, but the book is incomplete. That's the bottom line. I'm sure the person who slabbed the book had no idea, and now they are trying to spin it as some sort of rare "variant". What a joke. I love this line from the item description: "It is not common that a Key book has an error."

Uhh...what? You mean that they normally only make errors on non-key books...? :screwy:

I think that seller is living by this philosophy:

1348543785812_6185208.png

Is the market that strong for books like this?

Personally I'd rather pay a great deal less and know I have the entire book. I know some like the oddities but didn't think it spanned out to page missing books.

Spend the money on multiple 9.8 copies or a single 9.9 (thumbs u

So apparently the the value of the phantom variants has been dropping, that is according to the sold prices of these on ebay. even graded some are basically averaging out..

It ACTUALLY appears like the entire series is leveling off...

Check that.

Champ.

So apparently the the value of the phantom variants has been dropping, that is according to the sold prices of these on ebay. even graded some are basically averaging out..

It ACTUALLY appears like the entire series is leveling off...

Check that.

Champ.

No need to get offended sweety.... merely pointing out what i see.

Regarding Spider-Gwen: "The light that burns twice as bright burns half as long."

:grin:

Regarding Spider-Gwen: "The light that burns twice as bright burns half as long."

judging by this thread, apparently it became a ghost town in here... so that tells me yea... it has died down quite abit. i had a extra regular issue #1 and a few phantom variants, i was considering getting them all graded this weekend, not anymore though.... just 2 for me and the rest will just get sold off or traded...

The Phantom variants will hold up well if you buy them at cover. (thumbs u

If you pay the first week premium you do not fare as well........

The Phantom variants will hold up well if you buy them at cover. (thumbs u

If you pay the first week premium you do not fare as well........

How about the 1:100 Hughes...

How bout the 1:25?

The Young?

The Blank?

The slew of other shop variants.

They're ALL down.

It's not a Phantom thing.

It's a Gwen thing.